💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's 'Smile' - potentially her last album?

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

Genuine Guy 09

I just wanted to create some discussion about Katy's current era and its commercial performance. 

The album is out in two weeks and there are currently no songs in the top 200 of Spotify Global. Daises peaked top 40 on the US chart and spent less than 8 weeks overall charting.

'Smile' the song charted at #120 on the Bubbling Under (below Fun Tonight and Plastic Doll). In the UK, the song is getting heavy airplay but has a chartrun of #91 - OUT - OUT - OUT. 

Personally? I feel thar Capitol will drop her following this. Yes she makes good revenue through other avenues, but her actual commercial performance is some what similar to someone like Kesha or Rita Ora.

A big label like Capitol probably won't want to keep pushing her following this. Aside from that, she is now starting a family. Members of the GP that have noticed the era have remarked that the pregnancy thing is a gimmick to give natural promo to the era.

Thots? 

IMG_20200713_225542.thumb.jpg.16d5268c47

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is starting a family, I think she will still release albums from time to time but will focus on her business and child

SeIena Gomez

I think Katy would be great at running her own label. What an amazing move that would be imo. Could literally turn into billions of dollars 

I don’t think Capitol would drop one of the biggest pop stars of all time from their label, that seems like truly a bad move. 

Genuine Guy 09
Just now, SeIena Gomez said:

I think Katy would be great at running her own label. What an amazing move that would be imo. Could literally turn into billions of dollars 

Yes - although she never quite adapted to the streaming era, I'm sure she can offer input from her time 2011 - 2014 pop hit dominance 

FlopSlurper
Just now, SeIena Gomez said:

I think she already has her own label

Born in Chromatica

Absolutely not her last album. We can clearly see Katy is still enjoying making music and creating special eras during her Smile era. Despite underperforming, she is still giving it everything and from my observation, she is still having a great time performing and just making music all together. 

I don't see Capitol dropping her as she is still a huge name in music, but whether she is still with Capitol, another label or her own label, I still see Katy continuing to make music. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

SeIena Gomez
1 minute ago, FlopSlurper said:

I think she already has her own label

Hold up I just googled it and it was created in 2014 basically at her peak

thats interesting..

Runway

Yes it will be her Head Over Heels ala Paula Abdul 

She had a good run just like Paula did

Teletubby

She told in interview she is taking break after giving birth and will back on stage next year so she is not planning retirement

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

ChromaticRaccoon

You think they're gonna go and drop one of the biggest pop-stars of the 2000's (Literally top 10), due to a bad era? I highly doubt it

Genuine Guy 09
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Gaga fans really like to think about other artists career. 

9 minutes ago, Born in Chromatica said:

I don't see Capitol dropping her as she is still a huge name in music, but whether she is still with Capitol, another label or her own label, I still see Katy continuing to make music. 

The results suggest otherwise. She will probably go to a subsidiary of Capitol. I don't get her artistic vision, one minute she's doing Joanne, then back to Prism era, then there's a dance song about teary eyes? Like what 

Sherry

Similar thing happened to Christina Aguilera. Let's hope for the best guys

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

xoxo Craig

No. She said that she'll take time off to take care of her child but during that time, she said that she'll have lots of inspiration for her next record. She said Smile is just a collection of songs over the past two years, but KP6 will be more structured.

End Racism Now

Well, if she stops making albums or break the contract with music label, she can record on her phone in Voice Memos, do instrumental in GarageBand and upload her songs on SoundCloud.

Archived