So Am I
UK: #13
Germany: #21
France: #58
Netherlands: #23
Italy: n/a

She's really not as successful as y'all thinks she is :rip: 

28 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Tell me about it. Every single time someone who are not popular in USA, they would claim these people are huge in Europe as defense mechanism, then bashed 'Muricans for having no taste whatsoever while they're at it. :billie:

Sweet But Psycho went #1 in: Austria, Belgium (Flanders), Belgium (Wallonia), Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Euro Digital Songs, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Scotland, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK :poot:

So Am I went top 10 in 12 countries

Torn went top 10 in 5 countries

Salt went top 10 in 13 countries

Alone, Pt. II went top 10 in 8 countries

Kings & Queens went top 10 in 14 countries and #1 in 4 :poot:

15 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Yeah, because it didn't make any sense. You don't push songs as LGBT anthems. Songs can become gay anthems, but using it as a way to promote it is tryhard and cheap.

Gaga literally sang Born This Way, including the "No matter gay, straight or bi..." lyric, at one of the most conservative events ever, watched by 100M+ people :air:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hurem
11 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Gaga literally sang Born This Way, including the "No matter gay, straight or bi..." lyric, at one of the most conservative events ever, watched by 100M+ people :air:

What even...? :air: 

ThisGuyTony

Maybe we are at the point where #1 singles don’t matter anymore and it’s the amount of streams and listeners that counts... :shrug:

Hurem
45 minutes ago, Davian said:

Idk what website you used, but I’m from the Netherlands and we use the Dutch Top 40. You’re numbers don’t match up at all:rip: She gets played on the radio her all the time and her singles literally replace themselves on the charts. If a successful song there’s another one that is climbing.

Wikipedia lists two Dutch top 40s. I chose the one that gives radio less weight on the charts. :ohwell: Radio playing a song doesn’t make it a hit. It just means radio programmers want to play it.

SeIena Gomez
1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Yeah, because it didn't make any sense. You don't push songs as LGBT anthems. Songs can become gay anthems, but using it as a way to promote it is tryhard and cheap.

Andddddd is Free Woman being an anthem for transgender people now try hard and cheap? 

Economy

I feel bad for her and anyone famous tbh

2020 and social media age is a terrible time to be a celebrity or famous. U basically get dragged for being human. U have to be a bigger than human (or at least pertend to be) and sometimes u still get cancelled :madge:

If I got the option to be successful id wanna be a 100% anonymous rich person with 0 recognition so that if I tweeted something it didn't immediately get taken out of context and dragged in all media, so I wouldn't release music and have everyone call me talentless cuz their fav was better, and so I could donate to a cause without people dragging me that it's too little and it's like them donating $10 (even tho they probably didn't even donate $10)

Nowadays fame is poison :enigma:

RAMROD
38 minutes ago, Economy said:

I feel bad for her and anyone famous tbh

2020 and social media age is a terrible time to be a celebrity or famous. U basically get dragged for being human. U have to be a bigger than human (or at least pertend to be) and sometimes u still get cancelled :madge:

If I got the option to be successful id wanna be a 100% anonymous rich person with 0 recognition so that if I tweeted something it didn't immediately get taken out of context and dragged in all media, so I wouldn't release music and have everyone call me talentless cuz their fav was better, and so I could donate to a cause without people dragging me that it's too little and it's like them donating $10 (even tho they probably didn't even donate $10)

Nowadays fame is poison :enigma:

That's not true at all. It's been horrible since this profession exist.

Before social media, the papz, and tabloids was doing the dirty job. Being an object to hate on is literally in the same package when you want to be famous. People who dreamed to be rich and famous often forgetting this part. That there's two sides of coin. That you will be permanently stripped of your privacy and free will. Because once you get famous, you will never be really free anymore. You will always be put under a huge microscope. That there will always be people who tell you are not good enough, and many other not very nice things. There there are people who will use your for their own gain, such as distant family or those ex school mate you don't even talk to ever, would sell stories to media for money, be it actually real or fake. And you  don't even have to be a celebrity for this. There are reasons why some places allows lottery winner to claim their prized anonymously to keep their safety. Wealth, fame, and happy life don't mix. It will never be. So it's up to the people if they want to make peace with it and make the best of the situation, or trying to fight it and depressed or killed like dozens of famous stars before us.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Hurem
1 hour ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Andddddd is Free Woman being an anthem for transgender people now try hard and cheap? 

Gaga didn’t say “Free Woman is a trans anthem”, she said she’s singing it for the trans woman. Ava said K&Q is a gay anthem before it was released.

Economy
42 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That's not true at all. It's been horrible since this profession exist.

Before social media, the papz, and tabloids was doing the dirty job. Being an object to hate on is literally in the same package when you want to be famous. People who dreamed to be rich and famous often forgetting this part. That there's two sides of coin. That you will be permanently stripped of your privacy and free will. Because once you get famous, you will never be really free anymore. You will always be put under a huge microscope. That there will always be people who tell you are not good enough, and many other not very nice things. There there are people who will use your for their own gain, such as distant family or those ex school mate you don't even talk to ever, would sell stories to media for money, be it actually real or fake. And you  don't even have to be a celebrity for this. There are reasons why some places allows lottery winner to claim their prized anonymously to keep their safety. Wealth, fame, and happy life don't mix. It will never be. So it's up to the people if they want to make peace with it and make the best of the situation, or trying to fight it and depressed or killed like dozens of famous stars before us.

I know it's always been bad but now u get dragged way more easily for every trivial little thing

River

Just leave her alone tbh

You can joke sometimes, but I really see some real hate, like if you gave them a knife they would happily kill her, it's f-cked up.

Gaga doesn't need protection from Ava.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Werk
5 hours ago, Davian said:

Don’t forget to stream Who’s Laughing Now xoxo

And stream Kings & Queens if you're in the U.S. because it's debuting in the Hot 100 either next or the following week which means it has a chance!

5 hours ago, Luke78619 said:

A lot of people here liked her until SBP became a hit and (a few) Gaga comparisons started coming in, then they switched

they do the same with all successful women and it gets tiring :neyde:

That’s exactly what happened and it’s very rude and irritating when fans do that.

flyaway

There's something I like about Ava, but her material feels week to me. I think her label is trying to mold her into the new Gaga and Britney (sorry for bringing the comparisons, but it feels like they're trying to shape her that way), when her actual influences are vocalists from the 90's. And her only working with Cirkut kinda bothers me. 

I don't see a problem in taking inspiration from other people, but add your personal touch to it and make it yours. Make it your brand. Spit it, put it in a blender, and make it...

Lady Gaga Compliment GIF

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

Wikipedia lists two Dutch top 40s. I chose the one that gives radio less weight on the charts. :ohwell: Radio playing a song doesn’t make it a hit. It just means radio programmers want to play it.

I mean, it kinda does? I'm Dutch myself and heard Salt played multiple times while outside. That makes it a hit to me. And even then, why does it matter so much? Don't come with 'I'm just responding to false statements', we all ignore things when we feel that the discussion is getting irrelevant or draggy :shrug: 

I just hope that Ava Max doesn't get the Little Medonster treatment. She makes songs that Gaga fans should actually enjoy, you'd think Monsters would be better than to hate on her. Especially for a beginning artist, who still probably reads most social media messages.

Archived