Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Dream Gaga rock era?

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

Babylon Dynasty

I would LOVE alternative rock and some hard rock songs too, maybe pop rock too?

(featuring Metallica, my dad would love it :sara:)

Strike a pose ❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎🖤🤍💖

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be EXTREMELY happy if she put out either an album of classic rock covers or original rock songs drawing influence from Def Leppard, AC/DC, Queen, Judas Priest, The Rolling Stones, KISS, The New York Dolls, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, Motley Crue, T. Rex, Roxy Music, and (obviously) David Bowie. Granted even within those bands there are slightly varying styles of rock, but they have more in common than different.

Jose P

She would definitely destroy a glam rock album, just imagine the collapse. Or something like what Miley is doing, just make it more Gaga and over-the-top. One of her biggest inspirations is Bowie after all.

youandi

I’d want a pop-rock masterpiece with dance elements. Yes pop-rock. I tend to hate that term too but I don’t mean ‘So What by Pink’ kind of pop rock. Does anyone listen to Justice? They’re a DJ Duo/band who make what most would probably call ‘dance’ but they use a lot of live instrumentation and often heavy guitars and and incorporate a lot of rock-ish elements. Idk, I’d really like some industrial stuff on top of this, perhaps a bit of indie but it would probably have to be like Blue Monday by New Order/Blondie kinda stuff I think

SHALLOW

I feel like her next album will still be pop since she doesn't really feel the need to do "new" stuff lately. I'd love for her to do rock tho 

youandi
Just now, youandi said:

I’d want a pop-rock masterpiece with dance elements. Yes pop-rock. I tend to hate that term too but I don’t mean ‘So What by Pink’ kind of pop rock. Does anyone listen to Justice? They’re a DJ Duo/band who make what most would probably call ‘dance’ but they use a lot of live instrumentation and often heavy guitars and and incorporate a lot of rock-ish elements. Idk, I’d really like some industrial stuff on top of this, perhaps a bit of indie but it would probably have to be like Blue Monday by New Order/Blondie kinda stuff I think

Bare in mind I’m not saying copy these tracks but something with a similar vibes and sounds, and yeah they’re not all very Rocky but would fit what I want. I’d like some thing like this... 

1. A rockier/heavier Marry The Night

2. Troubles Coming - Royal Blood 

3. Genesis/Safe and Sound - Justice 

4. Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler (Some proper power ballads would fit well)

5. Real Love Song - Nothing But Thieves 

6. Something like a hybrid of Diamond Heart and Perfect Illusion

7. Blue Monday - New Order 

8. Blondie indie nightclub style track

9. We Appreciate Power - Grimes and Hana 

10. Nine Inch Nails style track, make it heavy and industrial

11. Another Justice style track, possibly rockier. Or like Nightcall by Kavinksy but again rockier

12. Big pop track but still with a bit of a rock influence - an ideal second single 

13. A mostly acoustic softish melancholy track, guitar and piano led. Picks up with a big finish, maybe big bridge, final chorus and good outro, think arena rock/pop style. Maybe have the outro lead into the last track. I know it’s not ‘rock’ but think how Fix You by Coldplay builds 

14. Big glam ballad ala Bowie’s Life On Mars/Elton’s Rocket Man. A great recent example of what I’d like is Be An Astronaut by Declan McKenna 

I’d really like something that proves she can do rock without being a straight up ‘let’s make an album one of my idols would have made’ kinda project, where it’s still pop and Gaga, but delves deep into rockier sounds. A pop album that is shaped by rock and has that sound through its veins, similar to Born This Way but go further into rock sound she started to flirt with. Make it very much pop bit very clearly rock too, just with the occasional funky vibe like with justice and don’t be scared to use synth too and include some proper arena worthy ballads. Ugh I’d love it 

Archived