Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

"I'm not nothing without a steady hand"

Wet Fire

Featured Posts

Akiki
11 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

We usually do not interpret a line based on the writer's intended meaning. That would narrow things down. The writer's intended meaning is one of the many meanings or interpretations a line can acquire over time. For many people, that's the beauty of art. When a line is left to the audience to interpret, it belongs to the audience and anyone can make any meaning out of that line based on their views and as long as they privide argument those apparently "far-fetched" interpretations are valid. That's usually how we read art nowadays. Especially since the 20th cenrury. :party:

I dont think that line was meant to be left open to interpretation tought. It's quite literal. That's why I find a bit weird that someone would find anything deep about it. There are other pieces that are more dubious. But sure, it's cool to see new takes on things.

Just doesn't seem logical to make some deep conversation about this line in specific.

Specially when Gaga lyrics became very straigh forward since BTW. Born this Way is a very much open to interpretation. 

To me that that steady hand line is like saying the Sky is blue. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire
1 minute ago, Akiki said:

I dont think that line was meant to be left open to interpretation tought. It's quite literal. That's why I find a bit weird that someone would find anything deep about it. There are other pieces that are more dubious. But sure, it's cool to see new takes on things.

Just doesn't seem logical to make some deep conversation about this line in specific.

Specially when Gaga lyrics became very straigh forward since BTW. Born this Way is a very much open to interpretation. 

To me that that steady hand line is like saying the Sky is blue. 

I disagree that only dubious/ambiguous things are left to multiple interpretations. I think all things are open to interpretation. And interpretation has nothing to do with how much straightforward the line is. There is a difference between 'interpretation' and 'meaning'. The meaning of A can only be B, but the interpretation of A can by anything between A and Z.

Oriane

So everytime I write, it's like I'm masturbating ? :gum:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Wet Fire
6 minutes ago, Oriane said:

So everytime I write, it's like I'm masturbating ? :gum:

Keep writing :creepflop:

Akiki
6 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

I disagree that only dubious/ambiguous things are left to multiple interpretations. I think all things are open to interpretation. And interpretation has nothing to do with how much straightforward the line is. There is a difference between 'interpretation' and 'meaning'. The meaning of A can only be B, but the interpretation of A can by anything between A and Z.

All things are. Sure. But the line is very logical. Don’t see why would someone take anything from it besides the obvious meaning. While everything is open to interpretation is a bit weird to go deep on things that don’t give you much to work it. You can argue about anything but not every argument is good or valid. 

It’s cool to have new takes but if it doesn’t add anything logical then isn’t a bit pointless? Specially when you over analyze something. Most people nowadays feel this urge to over analyze everything when most of the times feels a bit of a stretch. Taking this grand meaning in ordinary things feels pretentious. Like, you are not making an interpretation but forcing something to be What you want it to be. 

But hey, everything is good and cool. If makes sense. 

Wet Fire
22 minutes ago, Akiki said:

All things are. Sure. But the line is very logical. Don’t see why would someone take anything from it besides the obvious meaning. While everything is open to interpretation is a bit weird to go deep on things that don’t give you much to work it. You can argue about anything but not every argument is good or valid. 

It’s cool to have new takes but if it doesn’t add anything logical then isn’t a bit pointless? Specially when you over analyze something. Most people nowadays feel this urge to over analyze everything when most of the times feels a bit of a stretch. Taking this grand meaning in ordinary things feels pretentious. Like, you are not making an interpretation but forcing something to be What you want it to be. 

But hey, everything is good and cool. If makes sense. 

I think you're too obsessed with 'logical' and direct meanings. And also, I think lots of other people would find my interpretation logical. Others find a aesthetic beauty in what you consider unnecessary or illogical, I guess. And your views are valid just like all others'. :party:

Fresco

Steady hands also has specific meaning in horse riding, something she has experience with. But with that metaphor is she the rider or the horse. I assumed she is the rider, applying steady hand. But others assume she is the horse with someone else having steady hands, a man.

Wet Fire
1 hour ago, Fresco said:

Steady hands also has specific meaning in horse riding, something she has experience with. But with that metaphor is she the rider or the horse. I assumed she is the rider, applying steady hand. But others assume she is the horse with someone else having steady hands, a man.

That's good to point out!! :sara:

looking4wonderland

Oh...I always interpreted it as “I’m still something without having to jack off a man”.

Archived