💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'Trolls' doll removed from stores for inappropriate button placement

COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

PopCrush:

A Trolls: World Tour Poppy doll featuring questionable button placement between its legs is being pulled from shelves following rising complaints from parents who claim the toy is sexually inappropriate.

Hasbro announced to CNN that the interactive Trolls toy will be removed from sale after a petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures accused the doll of grooming young children and normalizing child abuse.

The "DreamWorks Trolls World Tour Giggle and Sing Poppy" features a button on Poppy's tummy that prompts her to sing and say cute phrases.

However, the doll also features a hidden button located under her skirt and between her legs which, when pressed, results in the doll gasping and exclaiming "Whee!" and "Oh!," among other sounds, which could be regarded as sexually suggestive.

"When you push this button on the doll's privates she gasps and giggles. This is not okay for a child's toy! This toy needs to be removed from our stores ... What will this toy make our innocent, impressionable children think? That it's fun when someone touches your private area? That pedophilia and child molestation are okay?" reads the online petition.

Speaking to CNN, Hasbro spokesperson Julie Duffy claimed that the "feature was designed to react when the doll was seated, but we recognize the placement of the sensor may be perceived as inappropriate."

"This was not intentional and we are happy to provide consumers with a replacement Poppy doll of similar value through our Consumer Care team. We are in the process of removing the item for purchase," Duffy continued.

As of Friday (August 7) afternoon, the petition has reached nearly 300,000 signatures.

ballerios

everyone is so sensitive these days :/

EDIT : yeah i know its weird and its wrong ._. lol .. its just people is so sensitive these days .. that's all

Franch Toast

It's not about being sensitive. That's totally inappropriate for a child's toy.

She/Her/Hers

Bleachella
Just now, pillos said:

ur gonna tell me that’s not even the slightest bit strange... a button on the doll’s crotch area that is NOT advertised as a feature of the doll, and when pressed makes gasping and giggling noises??? 

some of y’all need to stop being so obtuse jesus christ it’s not about being sensitive it’s about the fact that that’s ****ing WEIRD??? as hell??? on a children’s toy??? like please i promise you, you don’t look cooler or edgier by acting tough and being like haha look at these snowflakes 😂😂😂 like it’s okay to call out these things when we see them..

Sherry
3 minutes ago, pillos said:

I mean the doll is inappropriate so.... 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs đŸ„š

Modern Ecstasy2

That is wildly inappropriate for a children’s toy 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

CyanLights

Thats disgusting and wildly inappropriate. Even if this was unintentional, there HAD to have been someone who noticed this is weird before it got approved. 

It's clear that this was meant to be sexual. 

KillerMonster

Goodness :huh: I cant believe it made it past production. Makes me realize how badly children are being exploited to these things. Sick. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

13 minutes ago, pillos said:

That’s not sensitive, it’s incorrect placement for a toy. :laughga:

Borislshere

The sounds it made when she pressed the crotch button :selena:

how did they think that was okay 

uo111

I have a hard time believing that the button was for when the doll was seated, it looks harder to press than that :oprah:

Cookie Tookie

I’m always skeptical of the over sensitivity in this day and age, however, this is actually disgusting. No child should ever think it’s normal to be touching and pressing on their own or other’s genital areas. This is grooming.

Nosferatu

I was expecting this to be an overeaction situation but... yeah that's weird as hell. While watching the video I was assuming the button for the doll to SING would just be in an inappropriate place. But the fact that it's a completely different/hidden button, not advertised anywhere in the box, that GIGGLES when you press is... really bizarre.

Archived