Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

TikTok creates insensitive filter

Lighter

Featured Posts

Sherry
Just now, Wet Fire said:

No it's not.

But A LOT of Westerm movies use Arabs as their villains. There's a documentary on it.

I know man. I understand your point. We're just saying that he was laughing at the filter, not the song. But yeah it's your culture so you know better 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thehanyo
1 minute ago, Wet Fire said:

This thread is a feast for Indians. The way white majoritarianism jumps out. :lmao:

GGD is incredibly sympathetic to social justice campaigns. If you aren't being defended on this forum, it's because you've reached too far.

Also: white people have nothing to do with this meme or trend. Look it up on TikTok. All of the people who started this meme were Asian, South Asian, or Middle Eastern.

Wet Fire
1 minute ago, thehanyo said:

GGD is incredibly sympathetic to social justice campaigns. If you aren't being defended on this forum, it's because you've reached too far.

Not all of GGD is sympathetic though. :selena:

CyanDante
3 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Everything is offensive. Everything is racist. People have different perceptions about what fits into those categories.

Unless James thinking was, “I hate Indian culture I’m going to make fun of them with this filter and song” then I don’t think it’s racist. It’s all about intention in the end...

I don't think anyone has a problem with James Charles specifically. He is pretty much inconsequential.

What's up for debate is the filter, where a person intentionally or in most cases unintentionally might be making fun of someone's culture that he/she might be unaware of.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Bubblegum Bitch
4 minutes ago, QueenOfSaigon said:

I remember this, I even created a thread about this piece of art. :yennefer:

Reality

I'm so tired of people taking offensive to the littlest things :saladga: 

There are much bigger issues going on in the world and this is what some of y'all are getting triggered over? It's sad, tbh.

Cultural appropriation and cultural insensitivity have a very fine line. I do believe that cultural appropriation is a real thing and I do believe that there are times where people take things too far, but this is not one of those times. Learn to lighten up people. The world is already ****ed up. Don't add to it by unnecessarily calling things "racist" when they're not. 

🃏🖤👹

Regina George
33 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

This thread is a feast for Indians. The way rational and objective thinking  jumps out. :lmao:

Fixed it for you :vegas: cheers

PartySick
1 hour ago, LM said:

Or maybe people don't share the same views with you and are not offended by every little thing on the internet. Using the "kids" and "uneducated" card is just boring and absolutely unnecessary

For real. I can't imagine how hard it is to walk through life with such a gigantic chip on your shoulder that THIS bothers you :toofunny:

🖤

Wet Fire
Just now, Regina George said:

Fixed it for you :vegas: cheers

Gurl. There's no such thing as objective thinking. Thinking is specific to the person who is thinking. :selena:

Reality

Also, this is probably gonna be a really controverisal opinion, but I think a lot of the times, the people who choose to get offended by stuff like this are white people just trying to be "woke." 

When it comes to trivial and stupid things that people try to paint as "racist," a lot of the times, the groups who are "victimized" by it really don't take offense at all. If James Charles made this same filter with, say, classic Filipino music (I'm Filipino), I wouldn't be offended at all. 

🃏🖤👹

Regina George
1 minute ago, Wet Fire said:

Gurl. There's no such thing as objective thinking. Thinking is specific to the person who is thinking. :selena:

False. Person can objectively look at stuff and express those looks without expressing what their subjective opinion is. 

Wet Fire
2 minutes ago, Regina George said:

False. Person can objectively look at stuff and express those looks without expressing what their subjective opinion is. 

But that objective opinion is shaped by specific conditions. 

Anveeroy
1 hour ago, LM said:

Or maybe people don't share the same views with you and are not offended by every little thing on the internet. Using the "kids" and "uneducated" card is just boring and absolutely unnecessary

And education matters. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy
57 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

This thread is a feast for Indians. The way white majoritarianism jumps out. :lmao:

They also forced some Brazilians to quit the forum. Seriously these people need a reality check. 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

• Jase locked this topic

Archived