Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

TikTok creates insensitive filter

Lighter

Featured Posts

zakariah

The people who find this filter insensitive are definitely lesser than we think, a hundred plus people tweeting/retweeting about it just makes it seem as if it's a big deal. It's not. These fake woke losers just wanna 'educate' others because they probably just finished their 8th grade homework and have nothing better to do.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire
1 minute ago, LM said:

If he used some Czech traditional song with this filter I wouldn't mind it at all. I just don't get offended by these little things, if others do, okay, that's your feelings and your life and I won't tell others how to feel or not feel.

But bringing the kids and lack of education "argument" is just dumb. Grow up, there's a lot of people and many of them won't agree with you and that's ok.

Not you dismissing the "kids" and "lack of education" argument and then playing the "grow up" card :lmao:

Different people experience racism differently.

I think if you're grown up you won't have been offended with others being offended. :selena:

SeIena Gomez
Just now, Wet Fire said:

Not you dismissing the "kids" and "lack of education" argument and then playing the "grow up" card :lmao:

I think if you're grown up you won't have been offended with others being offended. :selena:

Are you trying to imply a white person ysing this filter/sound is racist cos sis.. 

CyanDante

I found it funny. It was funny when the cat did it. :selena:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Sunny

He's laughing at the filter, not at the sound :emma: 

Lots of TikTokers have used that sound (with or without that filter), including Indian ones, and I've never seen it used maliciously or to degrade the culture. It's a little bit insensitive, but it is not for me to decide if it is racist or not.

I like dancin', and ponies....

Wet Fire
5 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Are you trying to imply a white person ysing this filter/sound is racist cos sis.. 

I'm only implying that a filter which relies on the racial difference for laughter is racist.

BECAUSE THE ****ING TRUTH IS, AND I'M SAYING ALL OF THIS TO ALL THE IGNORANT DUMBASSES IN THIS THREAD, NOT A SINGLE INDIAN PERSON WOULD USE THIS STUPID FILTER AND MAKE FUN OF THEIR OWN CULTURAL HERITAGE TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH ON TIKTOK.

P.S. I'm not triggered. I don't care whether a bunch of western kids find this funny or not. I'm not crying behind my screen thinking that my culture is doomed because of this filture. I'm just stating why some people might find it offensive. :yennefer:

1 minute ago, Wet Fire said:

Those are totally seperate things used in different situations. 

That's what I said, did you even read my post? I literally said " I just don't get offended by these little things, if others do, okay, that's your feelings and your life and I won't tell others how to feel or not feel". 

Reading is kinda essential in having a conversation

1 minute ago, Wet Fire said:

I'm only implying that a filter which relies on the racial difference for laughter is racist.

BECAUSE THE ****ING TRUTH IS, AND I'M SAYING ALL OF THIS TO ALL THE IGNORANT DUMBASSES IN THIS THREAD, NOT A SINGLE INDIAN PERSON WOULD USE THIS STUPID FILTER AND MAKE FUN OF THEIR OWN CULTURAL HERITAGE TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH ON TIKTOK.

P.S. I'm not triggered. I don't care whether a bunch of western kids find this funny or not. I'm not crying behind my screen thinking that my culture is doomed because of this filture. I'm just stating why some people might find it offensive. :yennefer:

Writing an essay in caps, calling people "ignorant dumbasses" and ending it with "I'm not triggered":billie:

Wet Fire
Just now, LM said:

Those are totally seperate things used in different situations. 

That's what I said, did you even read my post? I literally said " I just don't get offended by these little things, if others do, okay, that's your feelings and your life and I won't tell others how to feel or not feel". 

Reading is kinda essential in having a conversation

1. Little things: others might find it a big thing.

2. "I won't tell others how to feel or not to feel" - no one is telling anyone anything. Those who are offended are expressing themselves.

Wet Fire
3 minutes ago, LM said:

Writing an essay in caps, calling people "ignorant dumbasses" and ending it with "I'm not triggered":billie:

That was intended. I knew you'd quote me to say exactly this. :lmao:

venusfly

why is it not okay to laugh at indian music syncing up with a filter, like what is the difference if he picked an opera song like someone suggested, shouldnt we hold everything to the same standard :shrug: he's not even mocking the song he was laughing at the filter 

Aglaya
8 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

how do you know? cause I've seen a bunch of tiktoks using this filter by very different people :shrug: you can dislike the filter or this trend, but that has nothing to do with it being racist :green: btw I don't think most people even know this is an Indian song, they just use it because they find it funny:sweat:

could mean anything

2 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

1. Little things: others might find it a big thing.

2. "I won't tell others how to feel or not to feel" - no one is telling anyone anything. Those who are offended are expressing themselves.

1. Ok, they might so? 

2. I didn't say someone is telling anyone anything. I just said that I won't tell others how to feel. What's not clicking? 

What I said was basically " be offended, I couldn't care less" yet you're still here trying to argue with me because ur probably bored af

Wet Fire
22 minutes ago, audrey horne said:

I was trying to find the words. This. Unconscious (or blatant) laughter at cultures we don't understand is malicious because it's like considering said culture worthy of disrespectful delight. It really is about self-ignorance and fabricated sentiments of being/having better.

edit: the "it's just a filter idgi" comments, every battle count in destroying rampant racism/imperialism. the problem is the song choice combined with this particular filter. 

Thank you for being sane :heart:

• Jase locked this topic

Archived