💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

LP1 by FKA twigs turns 6 years old

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

tumblr_ntwntvZm1n1rruffno2_500.gifv

It's been 6 years since FKA twigs released first full-lenght album, LP1, marking her debut as an album artist.

LP1 is an avant-garde and experimental piece of music that blends various influences and sounds from genres such as R&B, indie, electronic, trip hop, grime, UK garage and choral music. 

tumblr_ni8mq3d2YF1r3ptbfo1_500.gif

LP1 received widespread acclaim from music critics for its inventive and unique production and ethereal quality. Jonathan Zwickel of Spin described the album as "unconventional stuff, drug-like, elemental and extraterrestrial" while according to The Guardian, the album is "a singular piece of work in an overcrowded market".  According to The A.V. Club, LP1 manages to ''be both lived in and completely futuristic."

MVAe.gif

For the album creation, FKA twigs collaborated with various producers including Arca, Tic, Emile Haynie, Paul Epworth, Joel Compass and Michael Volpe.

DQ2u.gif DQ2t.gif

Twigs_Image_2-tile.jpg?v=1505903037

The album was supported by 3 music videos, for Two Weeks, Video Girl and Pendulum.

What is your favorite song from this album? What is your overall opinion on it and how did it changed over the years (if it changed at all)? What elements do you like/ not like about this album? How and when did you discover it?

RAMROD

Underrated album tbh :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

tomsches

Love it! One of my favourite artists. I saw her live last year and was blown away.

Off of LP1 I think my favourite is either 2 Weeks or Kicks 

FfFfFfFF

I will not a thread about one of my favorite albums ever flop so I'l list my favorites. :grr: 

Preface is the best introduction to the album. Two Weeks is the first FKA twigs song I have ever heard and it was love on the first listen (unlike any other of her songs). So catchy an easy on the ears but at the same time unique and beautiful.  Give Up and Kics are the rest of my top 2 and 3. Then Pendulum is very ethereal and heartbreaking, Video Girl is also a bop (I used to not like it as much but it only needed to grow on me). Closer and Numbers (I really love the pre-chorus) took the longest to grow on me but I love them a lot now.

Overall the production on the songs is really amazing and innovative, you don't really listen to the album until you hear it for the 10th time. In every listen you can find new details and things you never noticed before.

alsemanche

One of my favorite albums ever :tony: Two Weeks is the best song on it for. The lyrics, the production, the VOCALS, the video. Stunning. 

The intro is also particularly amazing. I love Pendulum, Video Girl, and Lights On as well. 

Honestly the entire thing is a masterpiece and it still sounds timeless six years later. Miss Twigs did that. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived