đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was right making Chromatica with BloodPop

monketsharona

Featured Posts

rasclautmangos

I really like Chromatica. It's good. Bloodpoo did a fine job. I just think that other producers could have done an even better job with House music if that's the sound she was really going for. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KennyRichie

I really like that she goes and tries new people to work with. That’s not bad. Au contraire.

GagaUnderYou

CHROMATICA’s vision is not clear and you can clearly see that in Gaga’s explanations for the album. This is mainly Bloodpop’s vision with Lady Gaga’s vocals. I would have loved to hear her original concept, it was probably all bangers... the only thing on CHROMATICA that I truly enjoy is ROM. For me, Bloodpop is her worst producer.

GagaUnderYou
21 hours ago, Leoj305 said:

I think this album is Gaga’s best POP MUSIC work since The Fame Monster tbh. Born this way was an incredible album, but it doesn’t scream pop music to me as much as chromatica does. They managed to blend europop/house classic beats with the idea of pop music and created a great album. Rain on me is an example of a really good pop song w house/dance pop influence, you can argue rain on me is her most pop song since telephone tbh. 

Free women, replay, sour candy, even stupid love also fit that, hence why stupid love got into the top 12 on top 40 radio, and rain on me into the top 10 on top 40. 

Imagine being this delusional :enigma:

Cherry Blues
On 8/8/2020 at 9:39 AM, Genuine Guy 09 said:

No one wants an album full of 'The Cure' (see its performance WW) or experimental music. If you want Gaga to stay reaching new heights, she has to play the line of what's commercial. Period. This is what we got and it's good. 

I want a LG album full of "The Cure", "Never Love Again" and "Heal Me" - its very good soul-pop and "The Cure" is a 90ies soul pop influenced modern music piece. Hope LG will make soon more records in this genre. 

Who cares for its performance? It was not a official premium single. Many Lady Gaga fans think that she must prove something wirh her sales. She had her hype phase and now its not the time to focus EVERYTIME :crossed: on sales - its not a behaviour or tactic of artists which will become legends. Its a mixture of observe trends but also be surprising and artistry in own way. Its also a mixture to please commercial market but also to take risks and release something what might not sell well but will become in retro-perspective classics with a cult following. So this argument with "WW performance" is sometimes naive. Bowies Berlin trilogy is now cult while back then there were mixed reactions and the film Fight Club were a flop in cinemas and then became a cult film. Some art even will be appreciated 100 or even 1000 years later. For example i'm sure that the 3 songs Plastic Doll, Stupid Love and Replay all will have a cult following in future. Although "Stupid Love" was not successful as "Rain On Me" the song in combination with the video screams cult because it has such a humorously amd tricky way to describe pain and the wish "to be loved" in its Synth-Pop- and in combination with the light, freaky and humorously but also classy video it will shining at a later time <3

LG should please not look at commercial performance to much and i think she does not, but unfortunately many of her fans are focused to much on it /: its not a bad thing, sales are fun to watch, but it should please not block artistic desicisions.

HeavyMetalLover
59 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

CHROMATICA’s vision is not clear and you can clearly see that in Gaga’s explanations for the album. This is mainly Bloodpop’s vision with Lady Gaga’s vocals. I would have loved to hear her original concept, it was probably all bangers... the only thing on CHROMATICA that I truly enjoy is ROM. For me, Bloodpop is her worst producer.

Are you referring to the songs she says they scrapped because they were BS? Why would you want to hear work she’s not happy with?

i don't remember ARTPOP

JANNNNEEEEEEEE

YES hes a great producer and so talented and clearly cares so much about Gaga 

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
22 hours ago, Daylight Jokers said:

You do know the album is an homage to 90's house music, right?

YAS the style there for everyone to hear i LIKE IT 

Lord Temptation

I’ve always been a bit meh with regards to Bloodpop’s work. But it’s apparent that Gaga let him shine on this record because of how much she respects him as an artist and as a friend, and so to me, they truly brought out the best in each other on Chromatica. Two very different minds fusing into one to create a single soundscape.

She didn’t intend on making an album full of club bangers that paid homage to classic dance from the 70s-80s, especially 90s & 2000s. That happened organically. All she knew was that the process of making art with her friend brought out some demons she didn’t know she had been hiding. The album began from a space of emptiness, challenging her and Bloodpop to flood that dark void with light, sound, a torrent of tears and above else - purpose. A sense of direction, time and place. 

People here sound lame when they try to decipher “what Gaga meant when she said X”... Like, stop trying to play psychotherapist. 

This album is a gift that came from opening up to her friend and revealing some dark moments. The result is a joyous journey into Gaga’s mind that us retro dance freaks can share, relate to, enjoy it’s mystery, dance our jockstrapped asses off, or simply ignore if it’s that bad. Move on. Walk away. But quit pretending you’re anyone’s career coach. 

Animal Claws
1 hour ago, GagaUnderYou said:

First of all:

Gaga loves Chromatica.  It is her most personal album, and it was very painful for Gaga to play all the feelings on that album, she showed passion and satisfaction with the project in all the interviews.  Besides being an album that helped her mentally

We don't know what the original concept of the album was or what direction it was trying to take.  If Bloodpop didn't like it, it's because he saw that the songs didn't fit Gaga's personality, and suggested a change.  We also don't know if these demos were "bangers", we know absolutely nothing about it.  So let's not make conclusions on an empty basis. Tbh, every Chromatica songs are bangers so get over it.

And because you don't like Bloodpop, it doesn't mean that his presence during the sessions was useless. Gaga was very depressed during the album sessions, with no hope and no spark to do another project.  The person you judge as "the worst producer that Gaga has ever worked" lifted her out of the depression and made her move on with LG6, in addition to helping her create the concept for the album.

We should be greatful for Bloodpop, without him, Chromatica wouldn't exist and even Gaga could've been gone... She is a witness of this.

not a french fry
On 8/8/2020 at 3:28 AM, Roxanne said:

SpaceCowboy

Ra pa pum pum

mean girls dancing GIF

social experiment gone wrong

Reality

BloodPop is literally one of my favorite producers Gaga's worked with. Not only do they make fantastic music together (let's also remember that BloodPop worked on Joanne, which is amazing, despite what some of y'all think :trollga:), but he seems like such a genuine and awesome guy. Gaga's relationship with BloodPop (and Ronson too) are so great and wholesome.

I was surprised to hear her talk about the fact that they initially had a completely different idea for LG6. Now people are gonna be like, "WHY DOESN'T SHE RELEASE THE OG LG5 AND LG6?!" But hey, that's just the creative process. Things are reworked, things are scrapped, and they're all for good reason. You need to respect that cause that's just the way things work. That's like telling a filmmaker, "I don't care about your end product! I want to see the ORIGINAL film without the special effects, without the green screen, without the VFXs, etc. because I WANT THE OG!!!!!" I'm sorry, but some of y'all need to get over yourselves :triggered: 

As for Chromatica, I'm glad that they decided to make it. It's in my Top 2 Gaga albums and there are literally no skips on this album. Also, let's not pretend that Gaga was forced to make this album. I've seen some people in other threads make it seem like that Gaga's just some puppet for her producers. Like, what the **** are some of y'all thinking? :selena: You think Lady ****ing Gaga, at this stage of her career, is just gonna let some producers boss her around? Do you seriously think that she's going to release a record that she's not proud of and invested in? It's mind boggling what some people think :saladga: It was a collaborative process and she was open to what other people had to say. 

🖤👹

HeavyMetalLover
34 minutes ago, Animal Claws said:

Tbh, every Chromatica songs are bangers so get over it.

We should be greatful for Bloodpop, without him, Chromatica wouldn't exist and even Gaga could've been gone... She is a witness of this.

This a million times! :applause:

21 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Things are reworked, things are scrapped, and they're all for good reason. You need to respect that cause that's just the way things work. That's like telling a filmmaker, "I don't care about your end product! I want to see the ORIGINAL film without the special effects, without the green screen, without the VFXs, etc. because I WANT THE OG!!!!!" I'm sorry, but some of y'all need to get over yourselves :triggered: 

The blatant lack of respect repeated in post after post is gross. All I see is entitlement and lack of concern for Gaga - or the illusion of “loving her no matter what” but then calling her lazy/saying what she “should do”/ second guessing her choices. Like damn, if you have so little faith in her, don’t be a fan. Why waste your time?

It’s almost like some fans aren’t ready to appreciate and digest/literally don’t understand the significance an artist talking about her process, because they are too self centered and wrapped up in delusion/ridiculous, arbitrary expectations for this woman. It’s not cute and they look hateful.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived