Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was right making Chromatica with BloodPop

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Leoj305

I think this album is Gaga’s best POP MUSIC work since The Fame Monster tbh. Born this way was an incredible album, but it doesn’t scream pop music to me as much as chromatica does. They managed to blend europop/house classic beats with the idea of pop music and created a great album. Rain on me is an example of a really good pop song w house/dance pop influence, you can argue rain on me is her most pop song since telephone tbh. 

Free women, replay, sour candy, even stupid love also fit that, hence why stupid love got into the top 12 on top 40 radio, and rain on me into the top 10 on top 40. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel

Wait, did I miss some discourse?

I’m personally not a fan of BloodPop’s work with Gaga, but objectively its pretty good. He helped craft a cohesive album, and sounds like a great friend to her! 

3 points in and ready for more

ArtpopAct2

Quite honestly there’s only a couple tracks I have problems with the production on - 1000 Doves and Enigma. Maybe Fun Tonight and Free Woman. 

The others all are perfectly executed (911, Alice, ROM, SFA, Replay) or I have problems with for other reasons (Plastic Doll [dont like the tone as much in general), SL [needed an explosive chorus]) 

The ones I mentioned definitely could’ve used better production, but I think it’s far from an album wide problem. It definitely could be a bloodpop problem as Axwell had a hand in Alice and SFA, Madeon in 911, Burns on Replay.... but it’s not an album wide issue. Bloodpop was not the only producer on this album.

And honestly I think subconsciously it’s not for the haters either. Because those same haters have their favorites.

HeavyMetalLover

I feel like the main things people are getting hung up on/complaining about come down to: personal expectations not being met and not grasping the creative process.

See also: that sounds like a personal problem. :huntyga:

i don't remember ARTPOP

HeavyMetalLover
8 hours ago, insight said:

This is safe and boring commercial. I'm still gobsmacked she didn't oppose to it. She relinquished the driver's seat 😕

Damn, it’s almost like you were there in the studio! Please tell us more. :vegas:

i don't remember ARTPOP

I'm glad she's slowly moving back to allowing others input. I think that a balance of that is healthy for her and shows in her work. 

BloodPop seems like a great friend, and someone who is slowly helping her heal. 

Mister G

People are just upset because the Haus Labs version of Babylon is nowhere to be found, yet these will be the same people crying and complaining when it doesn’t meet their expectations.

Daylight Jokers
35 minutes ago, yxi said:

Xpiredpop gave her dated production, Gaga deserved a better fresher sound.

You do know the album is an homage to 90's house music, right?

Mister G
3 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

You do know the album is an homage to 90's house music, right?

In the same fashion that Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia is an homage to disco and synth sounds of the late 70’s/80’s. Some people just can’t appreciate the style from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.

River
1 hour ago, yxi said:

Xpiredpop gave her dated production, Gaga deserved a better fresher sound.

Do you mind giving examples of a fresher sound?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Butters Stotch

Those complaining about BloodPop need to get over it. He's the main producer of one of Gaga's best albums, if not the best, so no matter how much you dislike him, it doesn't change the fact that he produced an amazing album, what's the point on complaining?

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

insight
1 hour ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Damn, it’s almost like you were there in the studio! Please tell us more. :vegas:

Have you listened to the record? It's all black and white. How could she settle for this average production? I will never understand.

MANiCURE 6
11 hours ago, Roxanne said:

saying that Bloodpop's work is great is also very childish so

Oh my... :saladga:

ALL PRODUCERS GAGA WORKED WITH ARE AMAZING AND TALENTED PRODUCERS.

No one is greater than another. :bye:

But you can say that you like one more, just don't disrespect the others.

HeavyMetalLover
8 minutes ago, insight said:

Have you listened to the record? It's all black and white. How could she settle for this average production? I will never understand.

No, I haven’t gotten around to it. :bear:

I think it’s Technicolor and that’s on periodt.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived