Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was right making Chromatica with BloodPop

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

Just making this thread because I see a lot of childish drama everywhere after BloodPop said Gaga cancelled her original plans about the album once he told her the music 'wasn't her'.

I mean as much as I love DJWS, it's quite funny to see Gaga asked DJWS and his team to work on ASIB telling him specifically not to sound like Lady Gaga. And we all were telling that The Cure (the last song he, Mark Nilan and Nick Monson produced for her) didn't sound like a Gaga song...

I understand you may be disappointed about the fact your fave producer is not on her new album but let's not pretend Chromatica is not amazingly executed. The producers who worked on this are ****ing talented and BloodPop is such a good and supporting friend for her. Just my opinion but I'm very very fine with the final LG6 we got. 

I'm very happy she had the opportunity to make a classic dance music album with great producers such BloodPop, Burns, Axwell, Tchami, Klahr, Madeon, Skrillex, Rami Yacoub, Justin Tranter, Max Martin (and Boys Noize and SOPHIE in some capacity, still hoping we'll get some of their songs).

Closing my point by saying the BloodPop hate coming from Monsters seems quite off knowing everything Gaga said yesterday about how supporting and important he has been in healing her depression the last few years. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born in Chromatica

People just love to whinge and complain for the sake of it. People seem to have this delusion that Gaga's unreleased songs are her "greatest" songs ever. Plus, I don't understand why people are hating on Bloodpop considering he helped Gaga through her worst times during this record. I mean, I would think people should be happy that someone cares for someone that much and does not treat them as a money making machine. Unfortunately, social media allows toxic people to make such toxic opinions, and as Gaga said herself, social media is “the toilet of the internet.”

Chromatica is great as it is. It has that beautiful mixture of retro 90's house music sound along with futuristic sounds that add so much personality and richness into the storytelling and sound of the record. The album is an amazing cohesive story about Gaga's storyline of healing, and I think the album in the end told that story from start to finish perfectly. 

In the end, I agree that Gaga was right making Chromatica with Bloodpop, and the final album was, is and always will be a masterpiece and I am so glad we got to witness such a great record. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

PartySick

Yeah, I don't get the hate either. At the end of the day, the music doesn't go out unless GAGA is happy with it. If she agreed with Bloodpop then that's all there is to it :shrug:

I would love to hear DJWS' take on a lot of these songs though :bradley: we should just get every version of every song :giggle:

🖤

Roxanne

DJWS > Fernando Garibay > RedOne > Josh Homme > Mark Ronson >Lukas Nelson >  Madeon  > Zedd > Rob Fusari > SpaceCowboy > Burns > (any others) > BloodPop

Wet Fire

There's a simple formula which I think artists should follow: Do whatever the **** they feel like doing. :poot: If artists start creating art based on what their fans want, and collaborate with only those people their fans want them to collaborate with and not allow their own perspectives have its own meandering course, I honestly don't care about such artists. :reductive:

P.S. all artists receive criticism and hate from their audience who are disappointed either rightly or wrongly for some reason. But that shouldn't make the artist feel bad about their decisions. :heart:

Mathjus

BloodPop fit into the concept of Chromatica. I personally do not like his work, but I must admit that he passed the exam. Gaga makes the best job with Fernando Garibay, and i really want to hear a whole album, which is mainly produced by Fernando. I feel big chemistry in songs, which they created together. 

Genuine Guy 09

No one wants an album full of 'The Cure' (see its performance WW) or experimental music. If you want Gaga to stay reaching new heights, she has to play the line of what's commercial. Period. This is what we got and it's good. 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

15 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

DJWS > Fernando Garibay > RedOne > Josh Homme > Mark Ronson >Lukas Nelson >  Madeon  > Zedd > Rob Fusari > SpaceCowboy > Burns > (any others) > BloodPop

This is just very childish, we don’t need comments like this.

Roxanne
Just now, ProjectJoanne said:

This is just very childish, we don’t need comments like this.

saying that Bloodpop's work is great is also very childish so

liquidsunshine

Not placing blame cuz who knows what's going on bts but I suspect DJSW was mainly the reason why ARTPOP was so over produced to the point of being noisy, a huge contrast to how professional and beautiful Chromatica sounds. So yeah I'm glad Gaga has a producer to keep her partially check and knows when to say no.

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

I mean I’m the one that got the Thanks reaction, so :huntyga: Clearly I’m not the only one that thinks this way about what you said.

Jose P
Just now, Roxanne said:

The point of the OP is that LMs shouldn’t be going out of their way sending hate to any producer they don’t like bc they insist on Gaga to please their own wants and wishes in regard to her music. At the end of the day, Bloodpop was the one who got Gaga through the process of the album bc she was severely depressed, he was the one who helped her make something out of the songs she had written which as she said were directionless. He helped her tie everything up with a concept and a sound, he was the one who got her on the right creative mindset to make music. Regardless of whether you like his production, the man was a great emotional support for Gaga and that alone should warrant respect from the fanbase.

monketsharona
3 minutes ago, Jose P said:

The point of the OP is that LMs shouldn’t be going out of their way sending hate to any producer they don’t like bc they insist on Gaga to please their own wants and wishes in regard to her music. At the end of the day, Bloodpop was the one who got Gaga through the process of the album bc she was severely depressed, he was the one who helped her make something out of the songs she had written which as she said were directionless. He helped her tie everything up with a concept and a sound, he was the one who got her on the right creative mindset to make music. Regardless of whether you like his production, the man was a great emotional support for Gaga and that alone should warrant respect from the fanbase.

Thanks you told everything :kara:

Enzoooo

I love this album, don’t get me wrong. BloodPop helped mold it into a cohesive album that flowed perfectly. That being said, I feel she may have landed on the more commercially successful part of the line sometimes with songs like Free Woman or Fun Tonight. When I first listened to those songs, I just thought “I’ve heard this before”, but only because they sounded very similar to other songs of the past. 

I remember reading a tweet or something somewhere that DJWS said that he was making “ARTPOP’s little sister”; and although this album comes very close to it, it narrowly misses (which isn’t a bad thing because it’s still a very bop of an album) but I hold ARTPOP so close to who I am (as it was the album that helped me come to terms with my sexuality (go figure)) that I would have loved a bit more experimentation. 

That also being said, I do love how the album came out and though like I said Free Woman and Fun Tonight are a bit basic, I don’t skip them all that much. It’s an amazing album and I hope it does get her Grammys. And if Gaga is happy, I’m happy. 

Karen Smith

Bloodpop is amazing producer, without him there would not be Chromatica. Periodt. 

Archived