Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga was right making Chromatica with BloodPop

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona
13 minutes ago, Enzoooo said:

I remember reading a tweet or something somewhere that DJWS said that he was making “ARTPOP’s little sister”; and although this album comes very close to it, it narrowly misses (which isn’t a bad thing because it’s still a very bop of an album) but I hold ARTPOP so close to who I am (as it was the album that helped me come to terms with my sexuality (go figure)) that I would have loved a bit more experimentation. 

To be fair, DJWS confirmed the music they were doing was sounding nothing like ARTPOP. They were just calling it 'ARTPOP's sister' because it was her next solo project that he was working on.

Considering DJWS and Gaga were experimenting a lot tropical / RnB House music à la The Cure / Heal Me at that time, it's pretty easy to guess tha't's exactly what we would have got if DJWS was lead producing LG6. And BloodPop statement kind of confirms it tbh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RudraCNG

I have to say I wasn't sure about Bloodpop on Chromatica before listening to it (I didn't like Joanne that much), but now that I heard it I'm glad he was a main part of the project. Chromatica is my favourite album from her.

SchwineLove
56 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

DJWS > Fernando Garibay > RedOne > Josh Homme > Mark Ronson >Lukas Nelson >  Madeon  > Zedd > Rob Fusari > SpaceCowboy > Burns > (any others) > BloodPop

Had to repeatedly self-talk "it's just an opinion, it's just an opinion". But i get how you want to get edgy or comic with this kind of expressing opinion. It's frustrating to see this pattern especially in Twitter.

WORLDofGAGA

The fact that he helped bring Gaga out of a bad place to create something beautiful, raw yet healing.  Not only did they create great music but he helped the person we come on here for, the person we admire who has been through a lot, that in itself is worth praise. So if you don’t like his work I wouldn’t be rude but at least perhaps see what he  has done for Gaga. This has to be In my top 3 Gaga albums, I think he helped Gaga to write her most personal album to date, the contrast of sad lyrics with uptempo music is such a great idea. 

@W0RLDofGAGA

insight
55 minutes ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

No one wants an album full of 'The Cure' (see its performance WW) or experimental music. If you want Gaga to stay reaching new heights, she has to play the line of what's commercial. Period. This is what we got and it's good. 

This is safe and boring commercial. I'm still gobsmacked she didn't oppose to it. She relinquished the driver's seat 😕

Genuine Guy 09
18 minutes ago, insight said:

This is safe and boring commercial. I'm still gobsmacked she didn't oppose to it. She relinquished the driver's seat 😕

If she doesn't go commercial, what do you think will happen? ARTPOP nearly ruined her career. She built up so much. You don't stan bjork :saladga:

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

yusuffelixx
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

DJWS > Fernando Garibay > RedOne > Josh Homme > Mark Ronson >Lukas Nelson >  Madeon  > Zedd > Rob Fusari > SpaceCowboy > Burns > (any others) > BloodPop

omg this is so right

https://www.youtube.com/YusufFelixxx

Lucas
1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

saying that Bloodpop's work is great is also very childish so

What's so bad about it ? Just say it's not your taste, his production is excellent and there's a reason why he's producing so many hits

People don't like the production on Born This Way because it's "too messy"
People don't like the production on ARTPOP because it's "overproduced"
People don't like the production on Joanne because it's "too country/rock/folk" whatever
People don't like the production on Chromatica because it's "not great"

At this point let's just say y'all want Gaga to be stuck with TF/M producers for her whole life

PinkJelly

All this Bloodpop hate is so uncalled for. Like, have you all forgotten he has credits on Joanne too or..? :laughga:

MiQuenDroid
2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I think DJWS, Garibay, RedOne, Madeon, Zedd, Burns and Bloodpop can't be compared. They are making amazing work each other. 

All I ever wanted was love...

Bloodpop is a mediocre producer as evident by his productions with other artists and Gaga. I hope she ditches his production for future albums. She can keep him as a friend and advisor if their personal connection is so important.

Having said that, if the original plan was songs like The Cure then it's probably best that he suggested to scrap that.

I do wonder if they really came up with a big radio hit like they teases (radioisours) or was it just another "The Cure".

EuphoricVibez
9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

saying that Bloodpop's work is great is also very childish so

Pretending all of his productions are horrible is extremely childish

He/him/his

7 hours ago, Genuine Guy 09 said:

If she doesn't go commercial, what do you think will happen? ARTPOP nearly ruined her career. She built up so much. You don't stan bjork :saladga:

She does have to keep the GP in mind yes, but I don't think it means her music has to be generic or safe. She needs to find a balance. Artp0p was over the top and cringey. Joanne was the compelte opposite. Neither worked. She had the right idea by making something that is very "gaga" but also not too over the top. But I just think she can still do better.

River

Only for the It's My House sample in Replay Bloodpop, BURNS and Benjamin Rice deserves a Grammy

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived