Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly DRAGS cancel culture: #stoptryingtobegod

petty

Featured Posts

RainingOnMe
1 hour ago, DavidLuis198 said:

That's a problem that people are starting to have with cancel culture. Only women/people of color/gender minorities get really cancelled.

A (most of the times white) man can do a lot of bad stuff or be accused of said stuff and they don't get cancelled, or if they are, they are quickly forgiven by the general public, but minorities seem to be cancelled a lot easier and take much more time to be redeemed on the eyes of the public...

See the difference of treatment the general public gave to men like Johnny Depp and 6ix9ine, and women like J. K. Rowling and Nicky Minaj (those are examples, I'm not comparing things they did or not, but they are examples of people who inserted themselves em polemics in the last years)...

So true and terrifying to realize. What an awful world we live in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My major problem with cancel culture is not that I think it ruins any rich celebs life. Its that it heavily encourages censorship and stifles creativity. This is such a slippery slope, especially living with the current political environment. 

"back to you, f*cker"

River

Cancel culture? 69 is still successful

It's just you cancel the wrong people

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

5 hours ago, PETTY said:

Kelly Rowlegend says she finds 'Cancel Culture' very judgemental and people should “Stop trying to be God.”

I find Cancel Culture a bit hypocrite but very useful at times, other times too dramatic. Hypocrite because some pedos are never cancelled, useful because some horrible ones have been and deal with the consequences of their actions, dramatic because sometimes they try to 'cancel' over little things that don't even matter

5 hours ago, Regina George said:

Cancel her for what exactly? For not being nice towards her employees? Majority of accusations that twitter users are making against her were not done by her but by other people working for the TV channel/her show. 

For being mentally abusive to her employees 

5 hours ago, DavidLuis198 said:

See the difference of treatment the general public gave to men like Johnny Depp and 6ix9ine, and women like J. K. Rowling and Nicky Minaj

Of course Johnny is gonna get support because he was a victim of abuse and there are proof. (ive read all the transcripts of the court case that lasted approx 3 weeks)

Knife

"Stop trying to be God." What does she think happens when people are "cancelled," they're smited by a lightning bolt sent from the heavens? Religious people...:billie:

Also, "cancel culture" should be called "accountability culture" because that's what it actually is. 

Ryusei
5 hours ago, Brecht said:

Cancel culture does not exist. Chris Brown is still successful, Jeffree Star is a millionaire with thousands of fans, Donald Trump is president, Scarlett Johansson is a praised actress, Kanye West is viewed as a genius, etc, etc, etc. Ellen is a millionaire, nothing will happen to her.

Ask Taylor Swift and Iggy Azalea if they didnt have awful thoughts when they were being cancelled. It‘s not only about success, this stuff can have serious mental consequences and a lot of stars are depressed and we dont know that about them. Imagine that being the case and then Ten-thousands of people insult you, make death threats against you, laugh about you etc. 

Musery

Borislshere

Cancel culture? You mean when people get on twitter and air Out a celebrity for what, a week to a month, then said celebrity POSSIBLY issues a fake apology and the world collectively moves On and so does their career? Oh ok. 

DavidLuis198
8 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

Of course Johnny is gonna get support because he was a victim of abuse and there are proof. (ive read all the transcripts of the court case that lasted approx 3 weeks)

yeah, I know, but there was a time where there weren't any proof, and at that time, he didn't really faced any consequences of "cancellation", just kept working as if nothing had happened

I don't know how to write in english

I agree with her to an extent, certain people do need to be called out on there actions (Ellen DG, Jeffree Star etc.) however is has been taken too far. The fact that some people go out of there way to dig up someones past and encourage others to bully/harass them for it is disgusting. Like are the people who are cancelling them perfect? have they never done anything problematic? Earlier this year Caroline Flack had taken her own life due to the hate she got after a mistake she had made. People need to be careful with there words because the effects are long term.

paradox

the most annoying bit about cancel culture is that most of, if not all, the celebs being cancelled are women. like hello? what about all the trash men? especially the ones who have done way worse things?

just misogyny disguised as being progressive imo :cyanlights:

Archived