💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly DRAGS cancel culture: #stoptryingtobegod

petty

Featured Posts

Evan Peters

the issue with cancel culture is that it isn't to hold people accountable, but rather to give them more attention by doxxing, making 50 tweets about them, sending abuse their way, etc. it actually has the opposite effect because the people who get 'cancelled' figure they're gonna get cancelled regardless so they continue their offending behaviors.

an example is calling a celeb out on their behaviors and demanding a response. said celeb gives a pretty solid apology, but then the same people who demanded a response say the celeb is only speaking bc they were caught or that it isn't good enough..like don't get me wrong, there's PLENTY of celebs who deserve to get cancelled and have zero attention given to them (cough cough amber heard cough), but the ones who do seem genuine or seem like they are trying are continually harassed? like wtf do you want people to do? they address the issues, they're attacked, they don't address them, they're also attacked. 

you can educate someone without telling them to die lol

emma roberts is an abuser

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DavidLuis198
21 minutes ago, Regina George said:

Cancel her for what exactly? For not being nice towards her employees? Majority of accusations that twitter users are making against her were not done by her but by other people working for the TV channel/her show. 

That's a problem that people are starting to have with cancel culture. Only women/people of color/gender minorities get really cancelled.

A (most of the times white) man can do a lot of bad stuff or be accused of said stuff and they don't get cancelled, or if they are, they are quickly forgiven by the general public, but minorities seem to be cancelled a lot easier and take much more time to be redeemed on the eyes of the public...

See the difference of treatment the general public gave to men like Johnny Depp and 6ix9ine, and women like J. K. Rowling and Nicky Minaj (those are examples, I'm not comparing things they did or not, but they are examples of people who inserted themselves em polemics in the last years)...

I don't know how to write in english

SevenWonder

If the one silver lining we get from this horrible year is the death knell to cancel culture? This whole fiasco might just have been worth it.

RichAssPiss

The problem is, as with everything, a lot of people online are bandwagon types with limited understanding of the situation. They are miming something they don't understand. And those people make the originators of valid concerns look like part of something vapid and trendy. Pay attention to the reasonable voices in marginalized communities asking you to be an ally. Ignore the fools who don't understand what they are even talking about. They are not the same thing.

EuphoricVibez
34 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

Stop trying to be God?

But...i actually WANT to exist :awkney:

Your god is not here, Michael :trollga:

He/him/his

PunkTheFunk
37 minutes ago, Brecht said:

Cancel culture does not exist. Chris Brown is still successful, Jeffree Star is a millionaire with thousands of fans, Donald Trump is president, Scarlett Johansson is a praised actress, Kanye West is viewed as a genius, etc, etc, etc. Ellen is a millionaire, nothing will happen to her.

It's almost as if rich people are protected by their money :bear:

Roronoa

Cancel culture is just a form of pretentious bullying. You can act like you have the moral high ground but we’ve all done things that are worthy of being “cancelled”. The only people who deserve to be “cancelled” are actual criminals like Harvey Weinstein, R Kelly and Kevin Spacey. 

President Barack Obama gave a speech at the Obama Foundation Summit where he criticized cancel culture for its focus on perfectionism, noting that we’re all human and are prone to mistakes. He called the conduct “ineffective” and stated that it is “not activism”.

TWICE on hatius

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

38 minutes ago, Majora said:

6ix9ine deserves to be cancelled 

Yeah. Hes an exception. I still don't understand why he's allowed to have even the marginal amount of success that he has managed to acclaim. I don't get it. He's 100% a pedo. 

"back to you, f*cker"

Archived