opinion

Some of this fanbase needs to get a grip

Stef

Featured Posts

Stef

I mean....

Where do I start with this shite...

Tiffany Pollard Headache GIF

There’s a lot that can be said for a Lady Gaga fan. They’re strong minded, passionate, outspoken, but perhaps the one most prevalent trait that severely hinders any chance of a mutually invested relationship between Gaga and the fanbase is entitlement. Lest I forget the ever so infamous “assumptiveness”

Today was, from what I recall, the first time Gaga has published any sort of interview/online content in relation to her new album since release day, and it was Gaga excitedly allowing us into little tidbits of the creative process of this fantastic album, set to the beat of Bloodpop’s tailormade mix for the show. Somewhere along the line, some fans got it into their heads that this was where some new tea would be spilled, an announcement would be made, or, early demos would be released. How they managed to arrive at this conclusion is beyond my comprehension, but anyways, I digress x 

What these fans done, is they basically built an idea in their head. “This is what the show will be, this is how it’s gonna go, because it has to, right?” They couldn’t grasp the fact that it was simply a discussion between Gaga and her producers, of course they had to find a reason that would satisfy themselves as to why she would do this show, or else it’s just simply not worth it. “F**k you Gaga for putting out content because it’s not the content I want.”

But the real kick for me, is the Bloodpop slander. Which seems to have come on all of a sudden. When Joanne was released in 2016, it’s safe to say the reception to that project was tepid at best. Bloodpop was hailed for his work on the album, specifically highlighting Dancin’ In Circles as a fan favourite. When he was working on his EP in 2017, many thought he was gonna have Gaga featured, which created excitement, once it was discovered that he was helming the production on the entire Lg6 record, fan hype roared. The fanbase was excited, Gaga’s vocals on an up and coming producer’s work, theories on sound and how Gaga could push him to achieve the best sound began to mount

Fast forward to now, 2020. Chromatica drops May 2020, fans are absolutely revelling in the glory of this album. Hype is surreal, everyone is hailing their top five, each fan with a different top five, a testament to the fantastic work on the album. Something happened in the weeks between the album dropping and now. Understandably, there was a lot of frustration at the very prominent silence, especially when you realise the album was released, and left there to carry out its organic shelf life. Fans allowed the events, or lack thereof, of the era to influence their liking for the music. When this radio show premiered today, a section detailed how Gaga played Bloodpop some of the music she was making in 2017-2018, to which Bloodpop expressed his dislike, and encouraged her to dig deeper, and write something with more meaning, more personal to her. Gaga herself even stated that she was almost “going through the motions” in the early 2018 sessions. Fans seen this, and suddenly Bloodpop went from hero to zero, literally in the space of 10 minutes

The posts I’ve seen on twitter and in some posts in the threads on this site today are alarming. They range from Bloodpop being a **** producer, to Gaga being a pushover, calling Gaga out for scrapping music that THESE FANS DIDNT EVEN HEAR,  because, for some reason, they’ve decided in their own heads that it was better than anything in Chromatica. Let me remind that those sessions were primarily helmed by DJWS, a producer who was also, at one point, the center of a Gaga fanbase fuelled hunt. 

How can you possibly listen to Gaga talk about how the process of creating this album pulled her out of some of her darkest hours, and **** all over the work just because you suddenly think that Gaga was being controlled and forced to scrap music. Here’s a little lesson in music creativity, sessions exist for a reason, an artist can go through 20 different forms of an album before deciding which sits with what they want to say. Some of you guys are hung up on the early days, and it shows. I struggle to comprehend what exactly it is that hearing that Gaga decided to rework some of the 2018 sessions suddenly makes you think Chromatica was ingenuine, or not up to standard.

mind boggling. Anyways. 

TL;DR - Chromatica is fantastic.  Bloodpop done a great job here. Stop the entitlement. Just because you think Chromatica isn’t Gaga’s best work doesn’t mean she’s a pushover, or that it’s ingenuine, or that Gaga is being mine controlled. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Gracious Gaga

I agree!  I think we all need to focus less energy towards Gaga and more to ourselves. :queenga:  Gaga can never fill the void within us!  that is our job, not hers!

♥ Kindness Police.

I mean, I agree with everything you said. 

But to put it bluntly:

Lady Gaga literally talked about wanting to kill herself due to severe depression, and instead of showing empathy, many of her fans complained about the contents of the interview and started harassing BloodPop on Twitter. 

Y'all are not fans. You're bullies. 

Period. 

xoxo Craig

I love Bloodpop and his productions. But its not just the music. In the interview/radio episode, they make it clear that Chromatica came from the organic friendship between Gaga and Bloodpop. Bloodpop made it easier for Gaga to cope and was really there for her. I'm genuinely shocked that people are slandering him. Bloodpop made Gaga's best album - facts are facts.

End Racism Now

Pennywise
1 minute ago, Doot said:

But to put it bluntly:

Lady Gaga literally talked about wanting to kill herself due to severe depression, and instead of showing empathy, many of her fans complained about the contents of the interview and started harassing BloodPop on Twitter. 

Period. 

Ouch. I don't follow Twitter so most of the time I just think our whining is limited to here, and I think whining here is okay but, like, why would anyone harass people over Twitter I never get :interestinga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

But to put it bluntly:

Period. 

And thats on that. 

End Racism Now

Pennywise

Like, open up a thousand whining threads here, this is the place to do it, I do it very often, but don't go over to Twitter or Instagram and harass people ffs

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Runway

This reminds me of the disrespect tony used to get around 2014-15 even after he singlehandedly made Gaga NOT quit music, but of course not the kind of music THEY wanted.  Wbk liddos are brainless and entitled 

Flawless

I agree on this. Bloodpop encouraged her to make her sadness into something she would be proud about, given her strengh to carry on and deliver an amazing body of work. The fans should be grateful for that. Of course, the follow up to the era was disappointing but she's slowly coming back now, people just want something to complain at this point.

the scars on my mind are on replay.

The Z

I agree, however the BloodPop slander isn't knew. It was already the case in 2018. 

That being said, he's Gaga's friend, and he should be respected as such, because he helped her a lot with her mental health. 

And many fans love Chromatica,which was executive-produced by him. So let's reslect him because he's not even problematic. 

LaLa

I mean, yeah. 

It seems like whenever Gaga talks about someone with love, some fans go hard in the other direction spewing out hate. Anther big example is Sarah. Is it like a possessive jealousy thing? 

It's truly mind boggling and I can only conclude some real mental illness is going on there. Get a grip indeed :saladga:

Jose P

The only thing I hate about this post is that not every complaining little monster will be able to see it.

On. Point. It’s safe to say these fans will NEVER be satisfied with anything. They want hits, Chromatica happens which gives them a hit. But then they want experimental SOPHIE songs, but I thought they wanted hits. Then Stupid Live and ROM come out and they still say they expected some experimental futuristic PC music on Chromatica for some stupid reason. Then they say Gaga shouldn’t be surrounded by people who love everything she does, yet attack Bloodpop for not liking something she did.

Then they automatically assume anything unreleased is the best Gaga has ever made when they haven’t even heard it. Literally none of this has any sort of logic and reeks of contradiction and mental gymnastics to go on Twitter or forums and complain about something because they have literally nothing better to do. So it’s all just noise that the rest of us need to just block out and ignore.

monstertoronto

Gaga literally tells Bloodpop at the end that he was one of the reasons that allowed her to pull out of her depression and get her to be an artist again. She loves and respects him, who are any of us to decide she’s wrong when we’ve never met him and have never experienced their friendship. most of us can tell they the music they made on Chromatica is genuine and full of real and raw emotion.  The hate by some some LM’s towards him is insane. 

My Name Isnt Alice

on the youtube livestream everyone is saying "gaga stay away from bloodpop" "gaga i love you bolut next time do it without bloodpop" 

I'm like did you listened to the stream? Or you guys are just illiterate or something :saladga:

Archived