💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Disney to launch another streaming service in 2021

Werk

Featured Posts

Werk

Disney has announced plans to launch a new international streaming service under its Star brand name in 2021.

According to The Verge, Disney CEO Bob Chapek revealed the news on a recent quarterly earnings call, in which he outlined the company's plans to expand its streaming offering by distributing content from ABC, FX, Freeform, Searchlight, and 20th Century Studios on a new international streaming platform geared towards "general entertainment," which will not license any third-party content.

"In terms of the general entertainment offering internationally, we want to mirror our successful Disney Plus strategy by using our Disney Plus technical platform, bringing in content we already own and distributing it under a successful international brand that we also already own, which is, of course, Star," Chapek announced on the call.

Chapek went on to explain why Disney opted to launch a new platform rather than expand Hulu to the international market. As part of his explanation, he revealed that the new streaming service will only offer Disney-owned content through its Star brand, which is an already established name overseas, unlike Hulu that has "no brand awareness outside of the US."

paradox
2 minutes ago, Werk said:
As part of his explanation, he revealed that the new streaming service will only offer Disney-owned content through its Star brand, which is an already established name overseas, unlike Hulu that has "no brand awareness outside of the US."

i've heard of hulu

but not star

:selena:

PartySick
10 minutes ago, paradox said:

i've heard of hulu

but not star

Same :laughga:

I get Hulu for free with Spotify so :huntyga:

🖤

Contrapoints

I had absolutely no idea that Star was owned by Disney.

For anyone wondering, Star (or Star Plus/ Star TV as its more commonly known) is this giant media conglomerate in India that creates brand name content under a number of channels available in over 100 countries, mostly around Asia. They cater to international audiences with both Asian and American content.

They also happen to be responsible for Hindi soap operas and their ensuing dramatic powerpoint transition, such as:

or

and my personal favourite

Archived