💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The 2020 MTV VMAs will not be held at Barclays Center

MessyTop

Featured Posts

MessyTop

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/07/the-2020-mtv-vmas-will-not-be-held-at-barclays-center/?_ga=2.69147217.1598699330.1579710200-amp-kEckp6urnpkDd-4qPpnVMuT8QvaT6aOtspBD8-pd5fdnxV7tNDgXgB3hhJZq8o66

The MTV VMAs will not take place at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center as planned, Page Six has exclusively learned.

The plug got pulled on the plan at the 11th hour Friday after both MTV and Barclays mutually decided not to have the event inside the arena over safety concerns, sources said. The show will go on, however, at various outdoor locations around the city.

Reps for Barclays Center and MTV confirmed in a joint statement to us on Friday: “The 2020 VMAs will be held on Sunday, Aug. 30 and pay homage to the incredible resiliency of New York with several outdoor performances around [NYC] with limited or no audience, adhering to all state and city guidelines. In close consultation with state and local health officials‎, it became clear at this time that outdoor performances with limited or no audience would be more feasible and safer than an indoor event.”

The statement added: “The VMAs will highlight the boroughs in an exciting show and return to Barclays Center in 2021. MTV will continue to work closely with the Department of Health, state and local officials, the medical community, and key stakeholders to ensure the safety of all involved.”

The annual music video awards was scheduled to take place at Barclays with “limited or no audience” per orders from Gov. Cuomo regarding pandemic protocols.

A source told Page Six earlier this week that some staffers expressed they did not feel safe going ahead with the show. But another source said the decision to nix the indoor show was due to a number of safety factors.

MTV announced on Thursday that Keke Palmer will host the show, and the network also revealed this week that K-pop group BTS would perform for the first time. Doja Cat and J Balvin are also among the live performers.

Sources said that gift bags for the stars and guests have been being shipped out.

The nominations this year are led by Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga, with nine apiece, followed by Billie Eilish and The Weeknd, who each have six nominations.

It would’ve marked the first time the show has been at Barclays since 2013.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was supposed to be at Radio City Music Hall? Not that that made sense, either.

Bonkers

They should do it from New Zealand.  :vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Suuus
Just now, Runway said:

Cancellations follow Gaga :ladyhaha:

Its not canceled its just different location 

Runway
Just now, Suuus said:

Its not canceled its just different location 

Barclays center did cancel on them :ohwell: I don’t think Gaga wants to be infected if they decide to have an audience  so she might cancel too :rip: 

Suuus
5 minutes ago, Runway said:

Barclays center did cancel on them :ohwell: I don’t think Gaga wants to be infected if they decide to have an audience  so she might cancel too :rip: 

Lets hope for the best also the oma's litteraly tweet that there would no audiance

Bottom

if anything this puts more chance on Gaga actually performing, she might have been apprehensive to attend in an arena but if they are doing separate performances whilst socially distancing then i think she will most likely be up for it, rom performance is coming

C1trus

Now announce Gaga x Ari performance.

ezgif-5-a70c596d8781.gif

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

elijahfan

Quite frankly, I know it's not super telegenic, but I don't see the problem in holding it at Barclays if masks had been made mandatory for everyone. It would have set a good example to see some celebs with masks on, not to mention stylists could've done some interesting stuff to make something creative out of this rule. Whatever, better safe than sorry I guess. I see Valentina is still ahead of the curve in America.

Valentina GIF by Alex Anderson

17 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I thought it was supposed to be at Radio City Music Hall? Not that that made sense, either.

Over the past few years they've sorta abandoned Radio City & used different venues in different cities.

PartySick
17 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

They should do it from New Zealand.  :vegas:

They're too smart to let any of these people in :poot: no rona for them :gayhat:

I'm curious to see how this works tbh

🖤

Gracious Gaga

idk. Ms. Rona will be releasing her fall collection soon, so it won't be long before...

Loop Landing GIF by xponentialdesign

♥ Kindness Police.

MessyTop
31 minutes ago, C1trus said:

Now announce Gaga x Ari performance.

ezgif-5-a70c596d8781.gif

Omg. That gif!!!!! ⚰️ 

Archived