💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

The 2020 MTV VMAs will not be held at Barclays Center

MessyTop

Featured Posts

James Gibson

I'm feeling more and more gaga will record her performance and send a la BTS (same goes for her wins), MTV is clearly trying to get her with all those noms and mentions, plus gaga talking about it twice now. Also they probably want Ari as well so if they're happening they should be in lockdown as of now to do a performance together, even if recorded.

If she gets the vanguard i can see an edited performance like Katy did for the pride event with special effects and mashups

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IllusionLover

How will they give the awards if they will be separated??? They will send someone to where the winners are to give them the award and do their acceptance speech?

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

GagaEnigma
53 minutes ago, C1trus said:

Now announce Gaga x Ari performance.

ezgif-5-a70c596d8781.gif

Yasss we can't wait! :firega:

Spoiler

But just in case...

Spoiler

clown eat it GIF by rotomangler

IllusionLover

If Gaga is performing she could make a setup from somewhere where you can get a view of the city and it would look like the ROM video (unless she stays in California and the daylight ruins everything in which case the performance will be at a studio) 

ELECTROHEART

This VMAs will be a mess :toofunny: more than usual

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Teletubby
8 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

f Gaga is performing she could make a setup from somewhere where you can get a view of the city and it would look like the ROM video (unless she stays in California and the daylight ruins everything in which case the performance will be at a studio) 

maybe she could do it in amusement park like Zara ...

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

malazam
9 hours ago, Runway said:

Barclays center did cancel on them :ohwell: I don’t think Gaga wants to be infected if they decide to have an audience  so she might cancel too :rip: 

She's going. The ROM BTS mentioning the VMAs is the confirmation. And I can even see Gaga actually being part, in some way, of this change from an inside arena to outdoors.

Even tho I'm scared for the production around the performances.. if performers knew before this leaked to the press then okay but if not..

This actually makes it more exciting.

another shot before we kiss the other side

16 hours ago, IllusionLover said:

How will they give the awards if they will be separated??? They will send someone to where the winners are to give them the award and do their acceptance speech?

They've always had video of people winning who weren't in attendance. (Memorably, Gaga received some VMAs this way during one of her own Monster Ball shows.) They send the trophies, but not presenters.

IllusionLover
27 minutes ago, Nemo said:

They've always had video of people winning who weren't in attendance. (Memorably, Gaga received some VMAs this way during one of her own Monster Ball shows.) They send the trophies, but not presenters.

Yeah I know I'm talking about those who are going to "attend" (if that makes any sense) and perform live. Will they record their speech before or what?

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
18 hours ago, MessyTop said:

https://pagesix.com/2020/08/07/the-2020-mtv-vmas-will-not-be-held-at-barclays-center/?_ga=2.69147217.1598699330.1579710200-amp-kEckp6urnpkDd-4qPpnVMuT8QvaT6aOtspBD8-pd5fdnxV7tNDgXgB3hhJZq8o66

The MTV VMAs will not take place at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center as planned, Page Six has exclusively learned.

The plug got pulled on the plan at the 11th hour Friday after both MTV and Barclays mutually decided not to have the event inside the arena over safety concerns, sources said. The show will go on, however, at various outdoor locations around the city.

Reps for Barclays Center and MTV confirmed in a joint statement to us on Friday: “The 2020 VMAs will be held on Sunday, Aug. 30 and pay homage to the incredible resiliency of New York with several outdoor performances around [NYC] with limited or no audience, adhering to all state and city guidelines. In close consultation with state and local health officials‎, it became clear at this time that outdoor performances with limited or no audience would be more feasible and safer than an indoor event.”

The statement added: “The VMAs will highlight the boroughs in an exciting show and return to Barclays Center in 2021. MTV will continue to work closely with the Department of Health, state and local officials, the medical community, and key stakeholders to ensure the safety of all involved.”

The annual music video awards was scheduled to take place at Barclays with “limited or no audience” per orders from Gov. Cuomo regarding pandemic protocols.

A source told Page Six earlier this week that some staffers expressed they did not feel safe going ahead with the show. But another source said the decision to nix the indoor show was due to a number of safety factors.

MTV announced on Thursday that Keke Palmer will host the show, and the network also revealed this week that K-pop group BTS would perform for the first time. Doja Cat and J Balvin are also among the live performers.

Sources said that gift bags for the stars and guests have been being shipped out.

The nominations this year are led by Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga, with nine apiece, followed by Billie Eilish and The Weeknd, who each have six nominations.

It would’ve marked the first time the show has been at Barclays since 2013.

OK so how is the VMAs gonna be aired etc anyone know 

Archived