Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think terms like legend, icon...

paradox

Featured Posts

paradox

Do you think terms like legend, icon/iconic, queen/king of pop etc have lost their meaning?

I remember the other day someone referred to Az*alia B*nks as a legend, I had to scream. scream.png
So can anyone be a legend or even an icon nowadays? 
Who would you say are legends? And icons?

giphy.gif

lifeasgeorge

stan language is so tiring 

nowadays everything is 'iconic' and 'a cultural reset' :bear:

the real tea is you know an icon, a legend, or a cultural reset when you see it. not by somebody telling you :ohwell:

live and let live

HausOfAntonio

Stans literally have no say on what’s actually iconic or legendary. Thats for the public to decide. 

And this is coming from as stan whose gonna be the first one to tell you that everything Gaga has ever done is legendary and iconic :laughga:

Born in Chromatica

Yes, I agree that that terms like legend and icon are way overused. These days you just have to breathe and some one would say legend, iconic, cultural reset, never done before etc.

For me, something legendary or iconic is a total game changer and it isn’t something about have to tel, you, it is something you can see right in front of your eyes. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

River

I think calling someone queen is childish :billie:

I mean come on are we in the kindergarten :smh:

And those who calls themselves queens needs to grow up a little, no honey, you're not a queen, you barely can rule your own career without a record company that controlling you :billie:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Runway

Yes. Like the GP has universally agreed Gaga is the queen of pop since like 2011. Stans have no say in it

rumours

I definitely think the word “iconic” has lost a lot of its value. People will call anything remotely enjoyable “iconic” these days, and it seems to be accepted by most. 

I do think most people still couldn’t call merely enjoyable events “legendary” or randos “legends” without getting much eye rolling in response. 

1 minute ago, Brecht said:

Rebecca Black is a legend

Girl Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, Runway said:

Yes. Like the GP has universally agreed Gaga is the queen of pop since like 2011. Stans have no say in it

whatttt??????

what the hell wtf GIF by iOne Digital

Oh wait. You're saying that they're wrong?...

I'm confused:kiss:

The title legend will never get old. But the usage of king, queen, icon, iconic are overused and has to end.

30 minutes ago, paradox said:

I remember the other day someone referred to Az*alia B*nks as a legend, I had to scream. scream.png

That also made me scream.

scream.png

And yes, stans refer to everything as a legend or icon, thus making it meaningless.

Towelney
31 minutes ago, paradox said:

scream.png

This is so iconic :classy:

But to answer your question, I think the last icons/legends debuted in the late 2000s. I don’t see any new pop star who can be considered a legend/icon just yet.

Ariana might become one, but I think it’s too early to say for sure ☺️

paradox
12 minutes ago, Doot said:

That also made me scream.

scream.png

And yes, stans refer to everything as a legend or icon, thus making it meaningless.

screaam.pngscream.png

us screaming together

Archived