💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga is OVER! (inspired by Yoko Ono)

Judas Oyster

Featured Posts

Judas Oyster

So just a little thought I wanted to share here.

I just watched a documentary of the life of John Lennon and Yoko Ono and I was moved and impressed.
Specifically about their art to make peace in the world and the movement "War is over - if you want to".
I actually have the peace tattoo that Gaga has so it moved me to see what they did with their art.
So inspired that I looked for a while at the official Lennon site and found they sell t-shirts with "War is over".

As I'm thinking about buying one it hit me that the design and wording reminded me of something.

The whole "Lady Gaga is over" for example at the VMA signing DWUW. I mean almost the whole ARTPOP era was relying on it.
If you think about it many people think there is a little Lennon in Gaga's musicality, and apparently she may have been inspired by War is Over.

The thing I find most interesting is that I believe Yoko came up with the idea because of her war experience Japan being bombed by white people, and how she actually ended up with a British guy living in the USA. I also believe that they (John and Yoko) truly were soulmates and the war (against unhappiness) was indeed over as they found each other. Yoko said in the documentary that in the bigger picture she believed they met in life to make the song Imagine. She said her imagination helped her brother imagining their favorite food when her usually happy brother was sad because he was hungry after their home being bombed. Late in her middle life she helped John make Imagine. The whole "War is over - if you want to" movement started with billboard all other cities in the world and news papers and magazines publishing it the simple yet effective line.

Sooo yeah, probably boring to read this if you managed but I was a little surprised when I just realized how Gaga once again is smart reusing art in different ways.
It also makes me think how wild it was for Gaga to do those performances and the ARTPOP film promo. I find it cool. Makes me think if maybe the "flop" of ARTPOP was planned to make longetivity in her career so that she could be famous again (remember Paparazzi - we LOVE her again!) or it was just to actually critize the the media. Which in terms of DWUW performance if makes even more sense. Idk I believe she just wants to make art and don't give a f*ck about the media.

She is so interesting. I wish sometimes we could interview Gaga and ask her about old stuff and what she was thinking.

Here are the official "War is over" merch and billboards from 1960s and then the DWUW VMA performance from 2013.

Skjermbilde-2020-08-08-kl-00-44-42.png

101551.jpg

Interesting also how she used the exact same wordings in Paparazzi back in 2009.

Dit0PuEX0AA1JCa.jpg

One thing is for sure: she knows how to use the media.

Thoughts? Somebody thought about this before? :)

Yes! I thought she tried to bring about a fire on her career too. With the burqas, the DWUW video...

gagaschickens
5 minutes ago, box said:

Yes! I thought she tried to bring about a fire on her career too. With the burqas, the DWUW video...

off topic, but it's been a while since we last saw you on gagadaily! hope you had been fine

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

3 minutes ago, gagaschickens said:

off topic, but it's been a while since we last saw you on gagadaily! hope you had been fine

hey! thanks for asking :kiss: yh i had been lol but im actually kinda depressed right now so i've sorta wondered back as my friends and fam are on holiday and i missed GGD

Happy Cry GIF by memecandy

buzzkill
34 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

The whole "Lady Gaga is over" for example at the VMA signing DWUW. I mean almost the whole ARTPOP era was relying on it.

i missed that :awkney:

buzzkill

isn't the "lady gaga is over" based on the principals of the reverse psychology theory? 

ShadowHunter

What was the name of the docu? And yes, Yoko has had a massive influence on Gaga 

Judas Oyster
18 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

i missed that :awkney:

Well... I mean that that's how ARTPOP era started. The video on YouTube about "Lady Gaga is over", her performances of DWUW afterwards, the tweets etc. Because we know Gaga plan a lot of things but I believe it wasn't a change of plans because Applause was popular. Then Venus/DWUW promo started.

Judas Oyster
19 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

isn't the "lady gaga is over" based on the principals of the reverse psychology theory? 

Who knows. That's why I find it interesting :)

Archived