other

Free Woman is for the trans community

MiQuenDroid

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

That's how I also feel about the song The Queen - "I'm a woman, I insist it's my life."

But the trans community includes women... :poot: Trans women are women.

No, I know, I'm referencing what she was saying in the Zane interview. 

She was referring to something else if I'm not mistaken. 

Trans women are def women. 

LadariousGarage
2 minutes ago, Kattys said:

Mmmm nope. It's just for all the women, simply. Don't exclude people.

But she said that she wrote it for the trans community...

Lets do it baby I know the Law

Kattys
Just now, LadariousGarage said:

Yep, and before that she gave completely other explanation :ohwell: To celebrate herself as a woman etc.

Agunimon
1 hour ago, adterp said:

I guess the lyrics could totally be read in any way but this sounds like an afterthought statement. Still, I'm grateful that she keeps being vocal about transwomxn issues. 

No hate at all to Gaga, but I feel like 99% of what she says about a song is an afterthought. I appreciate it still, though.

Sarah H
3 minutes ago, Kattys said:

Yep, and before that she gave completely other explanation :ohwell: To celebrate herself as a woman etc.

Yeah this is wasn't what she said before, about it being for the trans community. 

derpmonster
10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

No hate at all to Gaga, but I feel like 99% of what she says about a song is an afterthought. I appreciate it still, though.

It makes sense because when you come up with a song, you don't even know what it fully means sometimes. You start with an inspiration, an idea and then let it realize and come into fruition. :) Then slowly you figure out what it really means.

Not every song is planned out fully before the songwriter starts.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Regina George

Gaga, you do you.. But those lyrics have nothing to do with trans community and I HOPE this is not a try hard woke situation. :bear: Just listened to the song and idk.. I don’t understand 

Someone mentioned that it sounds like a “afterthought” and I totally agree.

Roronoa
8 hours ago, Trillion Reasons said:

@JK Rowling, explain. :yennefer:

:bear: Time to get on Twitter and unfollow that bitch.  

I’ve said it before actually, I want to hear Free Woman on the show Pose. I want to hear trans women singing and owning THIS particular song. FW is one of my top 3 songs from Chromatica, if it and Babylon made it on to one of my favorite shows... I’d lose my ****! :excited2::excited2::excited2: 

It’s just a shame so many people dislike it, because I know it’s one of Gaga’s favorite too. I’d have to disagree with people not feeling that the lyrics are relevant to the trans community. Art and music can be interpreted differently by different people. Plastic doll, for example, could be about a sex robot in a cyberpunk world, or a puppet in the music industry. Overlapping themes and motifs do not take away meaning from someone else’s interpretation.

For all we know, Rain on Me could be about golden showers to some people. :mark: 

Leoj305
6 hours ago, Regina George said:

Gaga, you do you.. But those lyrics have nothing to do with trans community and I HOPE this is not a try hard woke situation. :bear: Just listened to the song and idk.. I don’t understand 

Someone mentioned that it sounds like a “afterthought” and I totally agree.

I think the idea that you go to a club and hey rejected over and over again is something that is more prominent in the trans community, and if you sing a song in the perspective of someone who is trans it kinda rosonates. You don’t need to be screaming trans rights, you can just create a character who is trans and sing it as them. 

TimisaMonster

I dont see how...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

YourCureness

Did you guys not read the song description on spotify? Since day one she mentioned this song is for woman, both cis and trans. 

Regina George
6 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

I think the idea that you go to a club and hey rejected over and over again is something that is more prominent in the trans community, and if you sing a song in the perspective of someone who is trans it kinda rosonates. You don’t need to be screaming trans rights, you can just create a character who is trans and sing it as them. 

Hmm I honestly don’t get that at all but okay.. 

YourCureness
6 hours ago, LadariousGarage said:

The term woman is for both cis and trans. It is an inclusive song. 

Archived