With the lack of promo, the GP have already forgotten about it :selena:

Well, they're gonna remember it again soon :firega:

He/him/his

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SchwineLove
9 hours ago, NewUsername said:

Indeed + she has literally been talking about the two sides of fame and being torn between both of them since the beginning. 

+ There is The Fame + The Fame Monster + FAME perfume also had this explanation. It's in A LOT of Gaga's work.

---

Surprised to see that there wasn't a consensus yet about Chromatica being her most personal album just yet? I thought we were mostly already on the same length? Chromatica being her most personal, about herSELF and Joanne being very personal, about her FAMILY and her relation between her family and her concept of "self".

yas. even in Joanne, she has to put in some kind of character and "costume".

2 hours ago, VasilisVas said:

I was very interested when i heard the album was originally titled Free Woman. I could have sworn the album was originally planned to be called Enigma because of the Vegas show. 

anyway, can someone creative recreate the album cover as “Free Woman” with Gaga on a porch with prison bars? I’m kind of curious of what it could have looked like. I also enjoy seeing a lot of the fan art members make in here. 

2 hours ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Yeees, I'd love to see that too. It would be amazing to see a vision of what Gaga's original artwork could have been like

I don't think it was ever actually thought of ike that. That was her saying it in a joking manner. 

EuphoricVibez
11 minutes ago, Doot said:

I don't think it was ever actually thought of ike that. That was her saying it in a joking manner. 

I understand that, but I'm just saying it would be cool to see as concept art

He/him/his

11 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

I understand that, but I'm just saying it would be cool to see as concept art

tbh I don't really remember what we were all talking about :selena:

but because of our continued online comrade I'm gonna say I agree. :bear:

organic salad
9 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

She seemed so well adjusted to fame during BTW, talking about how she kept her New York apartment to stay grounded, that she still went for bike rides alone, that she knew how to sneak out and where to go so paparazzi wouldn't find her. I really wonder what changed. And what role moving to LA plays in that.

BTW?? That was a lifetime ago. Life happens. People CHANGE. 

My cousin used to say he'd never have kids or get married. He's now married with one child, another on the way. 

Evading the paparazzi or flipping them off like she used to? Lady Gaga can't take a walk in her OWN BACKYARD these days without paps taking photos of her and her boyfriend with a telephoto lens. :ladyhaha:

Not to mention, she's supposed to take her meds and avoid stress and triggers. 

There's a saying: be careful what you wish for. 

And: WALK a mile in her shoes. 

When someone is diagnosed with a serious, chronic illness, their priorities CHANGE, right? Gaga is a lot more mellow now. 

It's self-care, or self-preservation. The days of "uh oh guys the art police is here" are gone. The only time she fought back recently was that "Rumors I'm pregnant?" tweet. 

I do think those RUMORS in 2018/2019 affected her quite a bit. You know, being called a "homewrecker" (there's a toddler involved), cheered on by delusional shippers, mocked by her own fans (she's waiting by the window for the other woman to leave!), harassed by Russian trolls, and so on.

She did win an Oscar so there's that.:applause: 

PartySick
12 hours ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Well, she's changed over the past 12 years, so... :ohwell: She's 34 now, so don't expect her to be like she was when she was 22-23.

And over those 12 years she's learned how invasive, toxic, and abusive fame can be. And that's just from her stans :huntyga:

đŸ–€

Elizabeth Bathory

Free Woman would have been basic af. I miss her art. I hope one day we will see another chapter of the "Performance art" thing. :firega:

Is she really going to keep this nonsense up her entire career, telling us how sad it is she's famous? That hasn't worked since the video of Marry the Night.

KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, Douche said:

Is she really going to keep this nonsense up her entire career, telling us how sad it is she's famous? That hasn't worked since the video of Marry the Night.

:fail:

Jase
13 minutes ago, Douche said:

What a terrible post.

Elizabeth Bathory
21 minutes ago, Douche said:

I mean, I get it. She has been through a lot, but noone tells her to continue as "Lady Gaga" the persona. She could just make songs as Stefani if she really wanted to.

Bolkins

The more that time goes on and the way Gaga reflects on her past I do feel that deep down she never wanted to be ‘Lady Gaga’. When she was on the up and much younger her sound was basically Norah Jones esk piano ballads, nothing like Madonna or Bowie etc. She then met Wendy Starland and Fusari and the 3 of them created Lady Gaga and basically cemented her as that persona and I wonder if she hates it?

Archived