Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Chromatica was originally named "Free Woman"

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

2School4Cool

While I love the Chromatica title and am glad she went with it, I love her message behind Free Woman as an album title. I love hearing her talk about this album being her most personal, too. It clearly means so much to her :heart:

See The Best In Everyone

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sillynate
27 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Replay, a song about Little Monsters, confirmed :ally:

Real talk though, I do think Ch is her most personal record only because on my first listen, FT, 911, and Sine had me crying :selena: the only other Gaga songs I’ve cried to are Joanne and Angel Down. 3 beats 2 :fatcat:

lavenderblondee

I like both and ultimately, she made the decision to name it Chromatica, so...:trollga:

I love Free Woman as a song, and I'm ok with it just being a song. 

Regina George
6 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

She seemed so well adjusted to fame during BTW, talking about how she kept her New York apartment to stay grounded, that she still went for bike rides alone, that she knew how to sneak out and where to go so paparazzi wouldn't find her. I really wonder what changed. And what role moving to LA plays in that.

I truly think her move to LA negatively affected everything in her life. She is surrounded with fake Hollywood people and it’s really really negatively affecting her.

EuphoricVibez
26 minutes ago, sillynate said:

Real talk though, I do think Ch is her most personal record only because on my first listen, FT, 911, and Sine had me crying :selena: the only other Gaga songs I’ve cried to are Joanne and Angel Down. 3 beats 2 :fatcat:

Chromatica had me feeling all types of ways. I got goosebumps from Alice, danced to Stupid Love, cried, and danced to Rain On Me, Free Woman had me speechless, Fun Tonight had me crying again, 911 gave me an "OMG" moment because I have to take antidepressants, and etc. Chromatica is an album I've been needing for a long time, but one that I didn't realize I needed until I listened to it :selena:

He/him/his

sillynate
18 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Chromatica had me feeling all types of ways. I got goosebumps from Alice, danced to Stupid Love, cried, and danced to Rain On Me, Free Woman had me speechless, Fun Tonight had me crying again, 911 gave me an "OMG" moment because I have to take antidepressants, and etc. Chromatica is an album I've been needing for a long time, but one that I didn't realize I needed until I listened to it :selena:

I know exactly how you feel. This album mirrors my emotions right now and it’s so great to know I’m not alone :heart: There’s happy songs that lift me up and there’s times I can’t listen to some songs simply because I don’t want them to bring my mood down :selena: I love it 

Donny Winter

Honestly, Joanne was personal to her on a family level; much of that grief has been resolved / confronted over the years. Chromatica is even more personal because Gaga is a pop star still struggling with the difficulties associated with being a woman in the music industry. I'm glad she has the fortitude to sing about the things she finds painful. To me, it sounds like Chromatica was a catharsis of sorts. 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, sillynate said:

I know exactly how you feel. This album mirrors my emotions right now and it’s so great to know I’m not alone :heart: There’s happy songs that lift me up and there’s times I can’t listen to some songs simply because I don’t want them to bring my mood down :selena: I love it 

Same here. I don't really listen to 1000 Doves (piano demo) much for that very same reason. If I listen to it, the tears start flowing. It's something I'll listen to when I really have a bad day. I understand what you mean though :heart: Chromatica is such an amazing album, and some LM's don't realize that.

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Donny Winter said:

Honestly, Joanne was personal to her on a family level; much of that grief has been resolved / confronted over the years. Chromatica is even more personal because Gaga is a pop star still struggling with the difficulties associated with being a woman in the music industry. I'm glad she has the fortitude to sing about the things she finds painful. To me, it sounds like Chromatica was a catharsis of sorts. 

Exactly. I felt Joanne was personal, but on a surface level, and something that was resolved, and taken care of. Chromatica is personal in a really deep level because not only does it dig deep into how she feels about certain things, she also sings about personal issues that she's going through like PTSD, being objectified in the music industry, sexual assault, anti-psychotic medication, etc.

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
8 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

What has he done that you think is wrong or bad?

He can't tell because he doesn't know :lolly: We don't stan Little BloodPop Haters... and that's on what? Period

He/him/his

yes and

All these magic, parallel universes are great for gheis, but not for GP. ''Free Woman'' would've worked much better. It's socially important, especially with the rising feminism movement. Even though, songs still fit the ''Free Woman'' theme quite perfectly. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Sour Candy said:

All these magic, parallel universes are great for gheis, but not for GP. ''Free Woman'' would've worked much better. It's socially important, especially with the rising feminism movement. Even though, songs still fit the ''Free Woman'' theme quite perfectly. 

Well, Chromatica is still great as a title because Gaga described it as a place in our minds where we could escape what's going on in the real world, and the music does just that. It helps us dance through the pain, even if it's only for that certain moment.

He/him/his

yes and
2 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Well, Chromatica is still great as a title because Gaga described it as a place in our minds where we could escape what's going on in the real world, and the music does just that. It helps us dance through the pain, even if it's only for that certain moment.

You are not wrong, but I meant for GP is hard to perceive such themes, like another world named chromatica, wtf :bear:

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Sour Candy said:

You are not wrong, but I meant for GP is hard to perceive such themes, like another world named chromatica, wtf :bear:

I mean, I'm sure other artists have done something similar too. However, you're not wrong either. The GP are probably still wondering what Chromatica really is, but we know what it is :ally:

He/him/his

yes and
6 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

I mean, I'm sure other artists have done something similar too. However, you're not wrong either. The GP are probably still wondering what Chromatica really is, but we know what it is :ally:

With the lack of promo, the GP have already forgotten about it :selena:

Archived