Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Chromatica was originally named "Free Woman"

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

ElectricChapelR

They way this fan base has become 

.. So sad.

She changed our lives so much yet we still act like animals.

Lady, I so support every decision that you make 🤗

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EuphoricVibez
2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Chromatica, personal? But - but I was told only slow songs on guitar and piano can be personal.

Well, they're simply wrong :oops: Not all personal songs have to be played on a guitar, and piano.

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
2 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

I believe it when she said this record is her most personal. Never bought that Joanne was her personal. 

I believe Joanne is personal too, but nowhere close to the level that Chromatica is.

He/him/his

CautiousLurker

It's probably for the better that she changed it to Chromatica tbh - if it were called Free Woman, people would have ripped it apart for the lack of nuance when approaching social justice topics - work that attempts to make a comment about topics like sexism and lgbt rights is kinda held to a pretty high standard when it comes to the way its messaging... 

paradox

lmfaoo when i said chromatica was her most personal album half the forum gave me sad likes

lemme just smoke my cigarette and hush, luv 

15f1928295b6c9c70c510223919443f8.jpg

McYves
38 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Also this —

I can see myself in the movies, with my picture in city lights
Photograph my mind
And whatever else you'd like to shoot, you decide

:yennefer:

Not y'all thinking that she was not being ironic when she wrote that album :billie:. "The fame" (album) is about fame (obviously) but in a Warholian way. Half-criticism, half-worship. It' so simple and obvious. Also, she said time and again that it's all about an inner sense of fame (again, Warhol). I mean :awkney:.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

McYves

Also, thank God she didn't name it "Free Woman". Imagine having it named after the worst song on the record. :billie:

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

dynamite
Just now, McYves said:

Also, thank God she didn't name it "Free Woman". Imagine having it named after the worst song on the record. :billie:

She said Free Woman not Sour Candy :shrug:

Bubblegum Bitch
4 minutes ago, McYves said:

Not y'all thinking that she was not being ironic when she wrote that album :billie:. "The fame" (album) is about fame (obviously) but in a Warholian way. Half-criticism, half-worship. It' so simple and obvious. Also, she said time and again that it's all about an inner sense of fame (again, Warhol). I mean :awkney:.

Oh, thank you! 

NewUsername
2 minutes ago, McYves said:

Indeed + she has literally been talking about the two sides of fame and being torn between both of them since the beginning. 

+ There is The Fame + The Fame Monster + FAME perfume also had this explanation. It's in A LOT of Gaga's work.

---

Surprised to see that there wasn't a consensus yet about Chromatica being her most personal album just yet? I thought we were mostly already on the same length? Chromatica being her most personal, about herSELF and Joanne being very personal, about her FAMILY and her relation between her family and her concept of "self".

McYves
5 minutes ago, dynamite said:

She said Free Woman not Sour Candy :shrug:

Damn it, you're right. I forgot about that song so fast! I don't even have it on my playlists :billie:.

Anderson123
40 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Thanks God Bloodpop did one thing right :pray:

What has he done that you think is wrong or bad?

3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I wouldn't even engage. 

Anderson123
1 minute ago, Doot said:

I wouldn't even engage. 

I'm just curious to know because some fans here just hate on the producers for fun like they had a final word on Gaga's decisions when we know she is the one that decides the direction of it. DJ White Shadow, Mark Ronson and even RedOne at some point have been thrown trash here for the most random stuff. I want to know if there's any real reason behind those opinions or it's just that they prefer the producer that makes "hit songs".

GagaEnigma
8 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I mean ppl just love to hate the kind person who literally helped Gaga with her depression and suicidal thoughts and who was also the main producer of this amazing project...

That's our fanbase after all :fthis:

Archived