COOOK

Featured Posts

COOOK

You're the -

Stupid Love GIF by Lady Gaga

- one that, I've been, waiting -

200.gif

for.

Here's the appreciation thread of the iconic lead single of Chromatica. To the ones who never skip it, the ones who still love it, the ones who rediscovered it, the ones who dance their assets off. It's so euphoric, fun, energetic and a carefree mood uplifter. Its production, especially the pre-chorus -

All I ever wanted was Lowe...
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Hey-ya, hey-ya (ooh)
Hey-ya, hey-ya

- is so clean, polished, modern and has that Chromatica futuristic feel to it... Many's opinion is that it doesn't fit the album's sound but I think it merges just fine, being one of the many highs of the album and the perfect choice for a lead single to me. I never fully understood the way that, when it first came out as a leak, the general consensus of this fanbase was positive towards it -

Spoiler

EPvzp6FX4AA-_bj?format=jpg&name=medium

- but right after Gaga herself officially released it the negativity and critiques jumped in (lack of chorus, a weak lead single, not the real lead, etc.), blaming its performance on everyone and everything but themselves for letting this song out of the chart so soon! The video also sparked many conflicted feelings. 

I myself didn't like it at first but now even the video has grown on me so much... Gaga simply having fun in what she's doing is so infectious, you can tell is pure and joyful. So to the ones that are still bashing the song just because, reconsider or get out, this is the safe space that Stupid Love deserves!!

2e42c5fe88fabc87bf412ae4085bf6758224a724

Blown Away

It's such an underrated song, it's simple and very infectious. A shame that it came and went quickly, I think part of the hate for it stems from that

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

BillieGOAT

2e42c5fe88fabc87bf412ae4085bf6758224a724

Me trying to explain to people WHY Stupid Love was the clear choice for a lead single

imitalian

I loved it when it leaked. But then after over a month of frustration it was released officially with an underwhelming music video... and lets say it did not age very well

2School4Cool

Stupid Love was the perfect lead single and is still one of my favorites from Chromatica! I never listened to the leak, so it was still fresh and new to me when it came out. Whenever it comes on when I’m listening to Chromatica, I always think “wow, I forgot just how much I love this song.” It’s infectiously catchy and addicting and I still months later can’t get enough of it. 

See The Best In Everyone

Aga Gydal

I see people hating on this song and I'm like "you know this is one of her best songs right?"

It's one of the most distilled pieces of dancepop she's ever done. Production is pristine and vibrant, her vocals are sharp, and it's one euphoric hook after another. So so good!

HorusRa2

I'm so sorry to be the one but it's like the worst single she's ever released. I hate it. 

It's like the only song of hers I feel that way about. 

JaysAMess

One of her worst songs, a poor choice for a lead single and deserves no appreciation. This thread should be closed.

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

Archived