💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Stupid Love' Appreciation Thread

COOOK

Featured Posts

scheisseJK
11 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

One of her worst songs, a poor choice for a lead single and deserves no appreciation. This thread should be closed.

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

So why are You here? 

tenor.gif

Freak out freak out look at me! :staymad:

COOOK
39 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

blinking aretha franklin GIF

Beautiful gowns

29 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

I'm so sorry to be the one but it's like the worst single she's ever released. I hate it. 

It's like the only song of hers I feel that way about. 

21 minutes ago, JaysAMess said:

One of her worst songs, a poor choice for a lead single and deserves no appreciation. This thread should be closed.

i said what i said nene leakes GIF

Then y'all can go... with whatever it is you call taste...

a29580ff444201a969de74b78042fc4af3009a47

scheisseJK

I used to like more the song when i was not entering GGD:billie:, i couldnt stop my self fron listening the song on repeat when it leaked. And if it wouldnt leaked and there was no covid and she would promote, the chart performance would be great and everybody will act like "Omg what a smash" bla bla :trollga:

JustJames

I wish people would their money where their mouth is/mouths are and state, on the record, which other track from Chromatica would've been released Feb 28 (1-2 weeks before US lockdown), and:
1. Debut at #5 on BB100 (best [official single off studio album] since Born This Way 02/11).
2. Peak at #11 on US Pop Radio (highest since DWUW 11/13). 
3. Receive nearly universal acclaim from critics / content creators on YT, etc.
4. Reach 9 wks total on BB100.
5. Nearly break her 1-day record views for an MV, held by "Applause."
6. Record her Week 1 total Spotify streams.

SL was a perfect LEAD SINGLE, which needs to hook fans / GP and make them interested in your new music. All of her #s - for SL, ROM, Chromatica - indicate SL did the job perfectly:
1. Rain On Me, the followup single, debuted #1, showing interest was retained.
2. Chromatica, the parent album, debuted #1, w/ nearly 300k sales in a pandemic.
3. MC (79), Spotify Debut for Chromatica (Top 6 of 2020), Spotify Artists (#50 > #6), etc. (amazing debut Week/Month).

Popstars can't land several hit singles in the streaming era; songs debut big + plummet, or build up + suffocate subsequent releases as US Radio turnover stagnates. The plan to let Stupid Love peak for a month before ROM + album would've been perfect.

Her team dropped the ball by not adjusting SL promo to the pandemic. Normally, 8 wks w/ a #11 peak on Pop Radio would've been enough to get the song to click, but in lock-down, reaching them digitally was a needed / missed opportunity. If the wks between SL's drop > ROM's debut were bridged by performances, it could've stayed Top 50 (in articles on each edition of the BB100, more points for YE lists, etc.), collected 12+ wks total, and joined Paparazzi, Applause, etc. in her upper-mid tier of hits. 

15jocart

It's in my top 3 for the album for sure!

Been a long time but I'm back in town, and this time I'm not leaving without you

Glamourpuss

I love the song and I love everything about the video. My favourite part is this...

DisgustingComplicatedEchidna-size_restri

Duella Dvil

I absolutely love the style of the video (even more than rain on me:ally:) the way it's shot is so fun, it FEELS like a live performance and it got me movin and grOovin IMMEDIATELY. The song itself is kinda so so but EVERY SINGLE TIME IT COMES ON I'm OBSESSED

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Archived