💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna posts a picture about the beginning of her career

Bubblegum Bitch

Featured Posts

Killa

But honestly its easy to say boomer, but really the energy you have to have. The immense focus and determination to go from this frame to the next step is amazing. 

Like, i just cant phantom it. We are so protected, most of us just really doesnt take risks. 

You dont dive into the unknow, you read about a city on google, you have gps so you need to ask directions and possibily lose a person that knew someone that could help you know another etc. 

Ofc people who know how to build networks still exist and have adapted theyre social skills to the new world. 

Id say its a thing to be proud. To admire and aspire

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyaway

Unlike some of your faves, she was able to make it big without those platforms. 

Told You So Shrug GIF

Kuddos to her 

Bolkins

I mean if there’s one artist who can get away with blowing their own trumpet it’s probably Madonna. Her rags to riches story is like entertainment folklore, it’s what dreams are made of tbh. 

insight
2 hours ago, coolninjaguy said:

she should be more humble... everyone struggles in life but i don't necessarily think someone with $35 million faces a "real struggle" in making it in whatever industry. when i think about a "real struggle" i think about the millions of impoverished children around the globe, all the single mothers working 3 jobs to feed their children, the unpaid workers in Bangladesh currently, etc... NOT a white woman with $35 million.

Oh dear... it's all about context. Nothing to do with what you posted

Killa
1 hour ago, Adakam said:

I understand what she is trying to say, but I think she got it wrong, the internet/social network era, as well as the abundance of singing contests lile The Voice, has made it so the competition is extreme and in your face than it was back at her time.

Yes she went through a lot of stuff, and it took a lot of effort and door knocking to get where she got, and I am in no way diminishing it, im just trying to say that today is just as hard, but in a different way. The market is oversaturated now, so its extremely hard to stand out, back then the market wasnt that oversaturated so she stood out quickly, but the difficulty was in convincing the market of her style. 2 different but very hard challenges.

Nowadays someone like what she is trying to imply, could change her quote to "just a camera and a dream" and it would still be meaningful

But how many talents were there in the 80s??

How many girls with the demo were going to the clubs... Like its not like oh she just had an idea and stood out. 

Probably its harder to get another madonna not because theres an oversatured market but because people in the modern western world have all this devices to make it easier for them. 

There are still kids who abandon, are abandoned, build theyre lives etc and maybe realize theyre dream. Theres singers that come from foreign countries from mideast to america/canada etc to break through, for example. I mean, even madonna was somehow previleged.  

So, summing up, be another madonna may be much more difficult. Its worth praise that she forged, with her team, some of main ingredients for pop career. Its not easy to be that innovative. And in a way, it just reflects that generation was bolder, tho also less aware in a way, more spontaneous. 

insight
2 hours ago, Little99 said:

For me she isn't that huge anymore :ohwell: she was like many many years ago. And that's normal, she had a few amazing records, but she is 61 years old. She has done a lot of good, for which I admire her, she is full of talent, but a voice like Gaga, she can only dream of.

She did much more with her limited vocal abilities than Gaga with her voice. What's stopping Gaga from reaching stratosphere success with her voice like Celine, Whitney or Mariah did?

Head Empty
1 hour ago, Bolkins said:

I mean if there’s one artist who can get away with blowing their own trumpet it’s probably Madonna. Her rags to riches story is like entertainment folklore, it’s what dreams are made of tbh. 

lizzie mcquire movie GIF

FFXIV WhiteMage
1 hour ago, insight said:

She did much more with her limited vocal abilities than Gaga with her voice. What's stopping Gaga from reaching stratosphere success with her voice like Celine, Whitney or Mariah did?

Whether we like it or not, Music Industry is all business at the end of the day. There are tons of better singers than Mariah and Whitney, but only those who are "associated" with the show business industry gets the limelight.

And in this regard, Madonna is one of the best meanwhile Taylor seems to follow her foot step. 

Im Human

Post power syndrome

let us understand her age

dont see this as negative thing

my parent also always compare me to them

PLZ Praise them for that and learn

insight
2 hours ago, Killa said:

And in a way, it just reflects that generation was bolder, tho also less aware in a way, more spontaneous. 

Unlike the fake woke/ outraged and people pleasing generation of today

4 hours ago, Adakam said:

I understand what she is trying to say, but I think she got it wrong, the internet/social network era, as well as the abundance of singing contests lile The Voice, has made it so the competition is extreme and in your face than it was back at her time.

Yes she went through a lot of stuff, and it took a lot of effort and door knocking to get where she got, and I am in no way diminishing it, im just trying to say that today is just as hard, but in a different way. The market is oversaturated now, so its extremely hard to stand out, back then the market wasnt that oversaturated so she stood out quickly, but the difficulty was in convincing the market of her style. 2 different but very hard challenges.

Nowadays someone like what she is trying to imply, could change her quote to "just a camera and a dream" and it would still be meaningful

I'd argue that starting out with zero platform and having to prove yourself with talent to people in the industry and having to put your music in clubs and convince DJs to play your stuff, convince labels to hire you, to get press coverage with no platform, is very very hard, harder than having platforms to start with. Competition shows, american idols, to be part of Disney, to have social media to start with, is the first step to get yourself in the door. Of course not everyone can become a star but my god does it help to have a platform to start with. Imagine having zero, where do u start? So hard. I wouldnt know where to go. On top of it u have to be good at communicating with people and creating relationships to get yourself in the door. Nowadays u can find emails, addresses online if you wanna send ur music to someone etc

Archived