💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna posts a picture about the beginning of her career

Bubblegum Bitch

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, PETTY said:

No she didn’t say that, that’s the gist I’m gathering from the comments in this thread.

giphy.gif

Pointing out how hard was it back then to make it and how not having those thing didn't stop her form getting what she wanted is not the same as saying how little she thinks of people that use them or that she thinks of them as less.  C'mon you know better than that.

TRUMP 2020

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coolninjaguy
1 hour ago, Babel said:

Y’all love to brag about other people’s achievements, at least she’s bragging about a real struggle she went through that not everybody could survive. 

she should be more humble... everyone struggles in life but i don't necessarily think someone with $35 million faces a "real struggle" in making it in whatever industry. when i think about a "real struggle" i think about the millions of impoverished children around the globe, all the single mothers working 3 jobs to feed their children, the unpaid workers in Bangladesh currently, etc... NOT a white woman with $35 million.

TimisaMonster

Well that's not ALL she did to get to where she is today...:reductive:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Karen Smith

For me she isn't that huge anymore :ohwell: she was like many many years ago. And that's normal, she had a few amazing records, but she is 61 years old. She has done a lot of good, for which I admire her, she is full of talent, but a voice like Gaga, she can only dream of.

Monsieur D

It's her opinion... I'm not agree but anyways (times were different, and I don't think that now it's easier than before, there's a lot of singers who upload their music to youtube, win the voice, you name it... and don't make it, so maybe it's not that easy as it seems... talent is talent and promo is promo, she had other plataforms in those days, and THAT'S OKAY).

She looks flawless in the pic and she made it though, she became the biggest female artist of all time with nothing but a dream (and 35$ apparently)  :ohwell:

GRIMEZSZ
17 minutes ago, coolninjaguy said:

she should be more humble... everyone struggles in life but i don't necessarily think someone with $35 million faces a "real struggle" in making it in whatever industry. when i think about a "real struggle" i think about the millions of impoverished children around the globe, all the single mothers working 3 jobs to feed their children, the unpaid workers in Bangladesh currently, etc... NOT a white woman with $35 million.

Girl don't embarrass yourself like that, is 35 dollars, not 35 million dollars lol so much difference. 

15 minutes ago, Little99 said:

For me she isn't that huge anymore :ohwell: she was like many many years ago. And that's normal, she had a few amazing records, but she is 61 years old. She has done a lot of good, for which I admire her, she is full of talent, but a voice like Gaga, she can only dream of.

4 decades into her long career how can she be as big as lets say Taylor?  Of course she is not but she is a legend and the blue print for basicaly all the pop girls now.   Do you think gaga, taylor, ariana will be "slaying" the charts at the age of 61?  lol    Also love gaga she is my fave but she can only dream of getting to where Madonna is now.   

TRUMP 2020

BlingNotTheMusic

The way this triggered younger millennials and gen Z :reductive:

Bubblegum Bitch
7 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

The way this triggered younger millennials and gen Z :reductive:

I couldn't find my "ok zoomer" gif. :selena:

Reject False Icons

This looks like the perfect American dream story that they tell to people to make them work even more. 
Hell even Madonna made an album about this 

Karen Smith
23 minutes ago, DavieX said:

4 decades into her long career how can she be as big as lets say Taylor?  Of course she is not but she is a legend and the blue print for basicaly all the pop girls now.   Do you think gaga, taylor, ariana will be "slaying" the charts at the age of 61?  lol    Also love gaga she is my fave but she can only dream of getting to where Madonna is now.   

Honey, first of all don't put Gaga and Taylor on the same level, because they're not. So in your opinion Madonna is still slaying? 

Gaga's career has been going on for 11 years and look where she is now. I can only imagine where she will be in next 10 years. I can't even imagine you think of Gaga as an ordinary pop star.

Lucas

Why the hell are you all so bitter about a woman who's proud of what she achieved? She lost her mother at 5, hated her father, her step mother, she moved to NY against her father's will with 35$ in her pocket, was raped, held at gunpoint on a NY rooftop, and she managed to turn this into the biggest career a woman has ever had. Y'all can stay bitter but Madonna is the one that constantly did more in a week of her life than you all will in your entire life

I understand what she is trying to say, but I think she got it wrong, the internet/social network era, as well as the abundance of singing contests lile The Voice, has made it so the competition is extreme and in your face than it was back at her time.

Yes she went through a lot of stuff, and it took a lot of effort and door knocking to get where she got, and I am in no way diminishing it, im just trying to say that today is just as hard, but in a different way. The market is oversaturated now, so its extremely hard to stand out, back then the market wasnt that oversaturated so she stood out quickly, but the difficulty was in convincing the market of her style. 2 different but very hard challenges.

Nowadays someone like what she is trying to imply, could change her quote to "just a camera and a dream" and it would still be meaningful

Archived