💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Thriller

Mirrion Rizzons

Featured Posts

Mirrion Rizzons

I think we all know what kind of person he was, and I, in no way support that. However, call this an appreciation thread for one of, if not, the most iconic song in pop music history

Everything about this song is perfection:firega:It's older that most of us (released as a single just over 18 years before I was born) but it is still recognised by the world as a huge, groundbreaking cultural reset all these years later. The lyrics, the spoken monologue, the sound effects, the iconic laugh at the end. Everything about it makes the song such an experience:staymad:whew:staymad:

He has better songs, but none were as culturally impactful as this one. So much personality, charm and creativity in one song

& the music video. WHAT A VIDEO. The red jacket, the werewolf segment, the legendary choreography. It truly transformed music videos in something spectacular. Best and most iconic pop video of all time.

tenor.gif?itemid=5514318

and the second best video includes thriller-esque energy too :heart:

1f1d8b7cb1377e6e612dbb17b91e5a7815cd7913

Even after all these years, I am reminded of how the song made me feel as a 6 year old child again, who was scared sh*tless at the monologue and video. To this day, I still feel unsettled listening to it, but that doesn't mean I don't want to get up and dance just as much!

Do you think this song has stood the test of time 38 years after its album release? 

watch the music video to celebrate the, dare I say it, most iconic song of all time:ohwell:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jorja

i don't even like to remember how scared i was of this video back then :giveup: 

killer song though :firega:

Pop Music

iconic 

THE VIDEO of the 80's and def top 5 of all time 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Bonkers

Ugh.

Every time I watch Thriller, my OCD makes me watch this right after:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Born in Chromatica

Yes, I agree, certainly one of the greatest moments in music history, which really introduced the concept of mini movie music videos and the song really set the bar on pop music, even in today's pop music. He really was a musical genius :heart:.

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

PartySick

Flashback to little me hitting every goddamn step in the dance :bradley:

Thriller is what made him the King of Pop and began to solidify his place as the greatest entertainer to ever live :firega:

And he was a great person on top of that :flutter:

Literally a god among men :flutter:

🖤

Mirrion Rizzons
3 minutes ago, jorja said:

i don't even like to remember how scared i was of this video back then :giveup: 

killer song though :firega:

I remember I was in 1st grade and my friend had never seen the video so I showed it to him. Bear in mind that by that point, I had seen the video MANY times. But that night I had the worst nightmare about this moment :ohno:

340?cb=20190304050212

and this moment in the house

michael-jacksn-thriller-6-4-2018-billboa

The video is EVERYTHING. 

Set the standard for music videos for decades. 

I love love love the song too, aside from the fact I don't understand why it's called "Thriller" lol

Mirrion Rizzons

also since I made this topic about thriller, let's not forget the masterpiece that is the ghosts short film:firega:

PartySick
1 minute ago, Doot said:

The video is EVERYTHING. 

Set the standard for music videos for decades. 

I love love love the song too, aside from the fact I don't understand why it's called "Thriller" lol

*Vincent Price voice*

Because Michael Jackson is...the Thrillaaaahhhh. Can you dig it? MUAHAHAHAHA

There's no real grand message in it, it's just good music for the sake of good music imo :laughga:

🖤

5 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Flashback to little me hitting every goddamn step in the dance :bradley:

I like to see that footage. :ally:

Mirrion Rizzons
1 minute ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Meh, not my favorite of him. :icega:

each to their own! what are your favourite songs by him? Mine are Stranger in Moscow, beat it, Is it scary, blood on the dance floor and Bad:firega:

Archived