Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Matrix was a trans allegory the world wasn’t ready for

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

elijahfan

One of the greatest films ever made, I rewatched it recently, it’s insanely good

JusKeepBreathin
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

One of the greatest films ever made, I rewatched it recently, it’s insanely good

Agree. 1 million times agree. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

MonsterPaws

I never watched the rest of the trilogy but now I'm more intrigued.

I grew up watching the first one so I might rewatch it now! Fingers crossed it's on Netflix :enigma:

JINNOCIDE

The fact that one of the best movies ever to be released were directed by two trans women :flutter: ugh their minds

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

3 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

I thought it was about the illusion of man-made things

It is, it’s about the gender binary :enigma:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

joannesrats
39 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

I won't watch it, don't you even try.

What do you mean by this?

Oriane

Well we knew it was about the cavern allegory. I guess that applying it to the trans community is one of the many meanings you could find there, I think it can apply to any "you have to look further than what you've been taught" things in life.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Lord Temptation

When I watched the first movie I honestly thought it was one of the best movies of all time. Years later, I didn’t finish watching it a second time because it was that unwatchable. I now think it’s one of the most overrated movies of all time. I think I just wanted to like it. Plus it was filmed in my city so alot of me and my friends were just like “cool, we know where that is, we’ve been there!” 

And don’t even get me started on the abominations of the second and third films. 

Bottom line is that trans culture is automatically a part of Hollywood cinema, and a very central part, because decades ago gays and trans people built Hollywood into what it once was. The Wachowski sisters are just being Revivionists (reminds me of Robert England the actor who played Freddy Krueger saying - years later of course - that the second Nightmare on Elm Street film was actually about teenagers struggle with homosexuality, because the main character had been pointed out as gay by revivionist sites. The truth was that he was never considered gay at the time, not in the story and not by the director, his gayness only came out decades later after fans rewatched the film and noticed elements that people were oblivious to back in the 80s)

There is nothing remotely more trans about The Matrix than any other film from that era, figuratively or literally. But if you wanna watch an actual brave story about the trans experience then watch Boys Don’t Cry, also from 1999, or Priscilla Queen of the Desert from 1994, Paris is Burning from 1990 or Hairspray from 1988. 

There are plenty of actual trans films that are defiant and honest about their stories, and not just trying to claim retroactive credit.

Wait? The Wachowski Brothers?

Are we talking about other siblings or are what we know as the Wachowski Brothers the same people referred to in this article?

Lord Temptation
10 minutes ago, Doot said:

Wait? The Wachowski Brothers?

Are we talking about other siblings or are what we know as the Wachowski Brothers the same people referred to in this article?

The Brothers and Sisters are the same two people. They had gender reassignment surgery in the 2000s.

Archived