💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

‘Black Is King’ watched by 4% of Disney+ users

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Varys said:

Idk am not Beyoncé ask her. I assume its difcult to tour there. Corruption poor infrastructure people that cant afford. Unsafe in some places. Her and her whole crew need to get vaccins. She need to get a whole ass production to over there

I know there's limitations and there's a reason why artists only tour Africa once in a blue moon. I'm not asking her to do it every tour even. But an artist who claims to be so pro-black needs to put their money where their mouth is. Seeing as she must have had vaccines and paid for a whole production crew to shoot BIK, why can't she do it for tour dates? This is all rhetorical questions, by the way. It's just weird that one of the most obviously pro-black things she could do is what she hasn't done. I mean, she only toured majority white Western countries in the northern hemisphere for Lemonade, not so much as Latin America, where we know she's very successful. That was a shocker.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Varys
1 minute ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I know there's limitations and there's a reason why artists only tour Africa once in a blue moon. I'm not asking her to do it every tour even. But an artist who claims to be so pro-black needs to put their money where their mouth is. Seeing as she must have had vaccines and paid for a whole production crew to shoot BIK, why can't she do it for tour dates? This is all rhetorical questions, by the way. It's just weird that one of the most obviously pro-black things she could do is what she hasn't done. I mean, she only toured majority white Western countries in the northern hemisphere for Lemonade, not so much as Latin America, where we know she's very successful. That was a shocker.

Well you are shocked and clutching your pearls about artists touring by patterns am not, i dont care.

i dont know Beyoncé I dont work for Beyoncé I dont know anyone related to Beyoncé am just a casual fan who corrected your mistakes about her 2 times performing there when she had performed more. Am tired and will go to sleep now 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Cerny
12 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

You can't make that assumption for all of us. Stupid Love's song and video had a very polarising reception and how it came and went shows you that most fans weren't here for it. ROM, while the song grew on me, the music video is just ok, we have seen similar visuals before. Thing is, fans tend to overexaggerate how good their fave is and are blind to their flaws. Gaga fans do it, we realise that in ourselves, why can't we accuse Beyonce fans of it?

It’s good that you want to clarify your position, but If it doesn’t apply to you then it’s not targeted at you, there shouldn’t be an issue taken. Don’t feel called-out.

Well, you can, but people can and will prove you wrong too. It really is not an exaggeration, Beyoncé is ahead of everyone else in the game, now, present time, it’s not even close, she is simply unmatched among pop stars when it comes to visuals (and a couple other things, but let’s keep it on-topic) she shifted into this really good visual centered artist, and she makes it seem effortless but it isn’t, she keeps improving with every new release. Flipping Self-titled and Lemanode look inferior now that Black Is King is out, you can argue it has a bigger budget but that’s just one reason, Disney won’t just throw money at anybody, nobody will, having taste & vision are bigger reasons why nobody else is making videos like this, Self-titled, and Lemonade (maybe Rihanna and Kendrick Lamar? other current artists with pristine taste and a clear vision) Beyoncé knowing when and where she's going to need talent to create the visuals she envisions and wants, separates her from her current peers and puts her up there with similar greats like David Bowie. And that's all while elevating young black talent that rarely gets chances, also.

Which brings me to another point, Self-titled, Lemonade and Black Is King succeeds most when she's at the forefront being talented which is why people attribute so much of it to her, she does surround herself with very talented people in order to materialise her visions, yet she still stands out, immensely, nobody diminishes anyone else's role. Beyoncé has it. 

Another reason being that these are passion projects and it's what she's dreamed of realising ever since she started developing Parkwood and finding a circle of extremely talented creatives after her album “4”, most notably. Beyoncé is crafting an entirely different path from any other pop star, which is why she'll be uniquely remembered among the greats, Madonna and Michael Jackson to name a couple. And before anyone brings up billboard charts, you can reach a certain level of consistent quality and be on top of your game and fire on cylinders without number 1’s, thats irrelevant as that’s not her main priority, she moved on. Why do I know that, her work says it all.

if you are not interested in her culturally charged visuals and the audiovisual celebration that is Black Is King, at all, than sure, still interesting that someone would describe that as boring, to me that reads as an easy cop out, but whatever. However, you can still appreciate the production and all its encompassing aspects behind it, from camera work, to locations, to direction, wardrobe, makeup, styling, casting, choreography in general including placement, and lastly but not leastly, all the absurdly beautiful and talented people who are in it. But no, some of you are really just intimidated and can’t see past anything,  

Now, I do have criticism about the film, it would be better without some of the dialogue (Billy Eichner and Seth Rogen), as I find it corny, but that doesn’t take away from it, substantially at least, when you consider everything else in it.

Archived