💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is replay about toxic relationship with LM?

Guest Messy vers

Featured Posts

Guest Messy vers
3 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

You've got a point:lmao:

But there's nothing in Replay that indicates that it's about us, other than the word “monsters”

Perfect Illusion came out right after Gaga & Taylor split, literally says “I wasn't love” 

Yes, but the thing with hearable "little monster" instead of "your" is worth an attention. I saw that lot people hear that too. It may be a Hidden sign. It's obviously she won't say the true meaning straight to the public.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes and

the same threads appearing here everyday :selena:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

bluemonkey

Wow some fans here are in denial and that’s exactly why she wrote those words. Just like Britney, as their fame rise they become overworked and what used to be a joy now feels like a chore because everyone expects you to be a certain way. 

If you look at the entire album, the overall tone is sad and especially mental health. Don’t you think that’s why it’s replay? Fans here perceive her as this weird artsy fartsy artist and put her up on this high pedestal.  

buzzkill
21 minutes ago, Mister G said:

EA06561-B-80-DA-4642-919-D-C29-CCFEE4-FA

7-E1977-E6-5-B74-4815-B5-E3-E9913-A35-C7

46-D225-B0-E35-A-4394-94-E0-75-C37-F13-F

B9770078-80-B7-47-C6-9-B75-1-E54825-E39-

BA5-F9350-24-B8-4-DE2-B526-7-BF20-A84553

But we as a fan base gave her some monster to be triggered by. We cannot deny that.

dollardays

I always get the vibe she's talking to herself

"You (Gaga) are the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me (Stefani)"

Reginald
4 minutes ago, dollardays said:

I always get the vibe she's talking to herself

"You (Gaga) are the worst thing and the best thing that's happened to me (Stefani)"

Agreed. Just like in Fun Tonight's spotify notes, Gaga asks the listener to imagine singing the song to themself. 

Head Empty
1 hour ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

You've got a point:lmao:

But there's nothing in Replay that indicates that it's about us, other than the word “monsters”

Yeah but the word "monster" has become so synonymous with her fans though. And she could've replaced it with any other two-syllable word with similar meaning.

The devils inside you / your devils torture me
The demons inside you / your demons torture me
The shadow inside you / your shadows torture me
The darkness inside you / your darkness tortures me
The voices inside you / these voices torture me

There are other workarounds as well, but I'm not a songwriter so I won't post any attempts :smh:

So she must've been fine associating this song with her fans/monsters - at least on some level. She knew full and well what the (secondary) implication could be, and had plenty of room to avoid it.

Mister G
29 minutes ago, buzzkill said:

But we as a fan base gave her some monster to be triggered by. We cannot deny that.

I’m sure the very toxic fans that are borderline obsessed are part of those triggers.

No. I think she said what she wanted to say to us in Plastic Doll. Replay is about her trauma from her assault 

It’s not directed to her fans (little monsters) she discussing monsters i.e. her demons and mean-spirited people.

paradox

it's multidimensional, like most of her songs. her fans being shi*ts is definitely part of it lol

6 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Yeah but the word "monster" has become so synonymous with her fans though. And she could've replaced it with any other two-syllable word with similar meaning.

It makes sense to use the word monster because she's using it the same way as she did in the past, before even she named us little monsters. I think it's like a continuation of that theme 

Archived