💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

What's Your Favorite Billboard 200 No. 1 Album of 2020 (So Far)? Vote!

Bodum

Featured Posts

Sunny

The GP is certainly not visiting Billboard to check the charts, let alone vote on a poll. BTS have a crazy, scary fanbase that will do anything to "not disappoint them". Taylor has a huge active fanbase as well.

I like dancin', and ponies....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CHROMATICON
23 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Stupid Love peaked at #5 and that song leaked two months before release.

I don't know, I guess I just will never lose faith in her. 

Yeah, that was because of the anticipation, that's why I stated that Gaga always make people interested on her projects but she fails to make them stay. Stupid Love debuted at #5 then free fell because people just didn't like it, the sales were bad, the streaming numbers were ok, the callouts were terrible and its stability on the charts was nonexistent. Same could be said about Chromatica, which debuted at #1 but the sales dropped very quickly and despite having collabs from Ariana and BLACKPINK, it's like the 5th most streamed album by a female and it was released only 2 months ago, being surpassed by an album released in April, and other one by Billie released last year. Both have no features. Taylor got her whole album inside the Hot 100 too, Gaga had like 4 inside the same chart on its debut week. Also, Stupid Love leaked yeah but leaks do not really affect an artist during the streaming era.

I love Gaga so much but I'm trying to be as much realistic as I can. 

Justin Drew Bieber
2 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

Yeah, that was because of the anticipation, that's why I stated that Gaga always make people interested on her projects but she fails to make them stay. Stupid Love debuted at #5 then free fell because people just didn't like it, the sales were bad, the streaming numbers were ok, the callouts were terrible and its stability on the charts was nonexistent. Same could be said about Chromatica, which debuted at #1 but the sales dropped very quickly and despite having collabs from Ariana and BLACKPINK, it's like the 5th most streamed album by a female and it was released only 2 months, being surpassed by an album released in April, and other one by Billie released last year. Also, Stupid Love leaked yeah but leaks do not really affect an artist during the streaming era.

Compared to Gaga’s peers, she’s doing well. The only ones doing better is Taylor, Adele, and Rihanna

Justin Drew Bieber
19 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

I think it's time to admit that Gaga is not really the biggest artist and she's past her peak since like a decade ago. She will still get moderate hits but I honestly doubt she will get another solo smash ever again, not to mention she's only 34 and radios are already not playing her. 

BTS, Taylor and Harry have huge fanbases AND the GP on their side, we don't. They also have a more "youthful" and appealing image which obviously works since the younger generations are the ones streaming like crazy. Our fanbase is not as powerful as it used to and I don't think we are even 50% as powerful as before to be honest. Is ok I guess, Gaga will always have GP's interest on her projects but she set the standard so high for herself that everytime she comes up with something the GP is excited too but rarely stick around because of Gaga's polarizing music and tactics. 

EDIT: I forgot to mention, ARMY is the most powerful fanbase as of now, their social media presence is CRAZY and BTS album have been selling like crazy too worldwide. 

Sigh... Gaga has been doubted thousands of times and always ends up proving us wrong. She just got her 2nd biggest hit last year, if she wants a solo smash she’ll get it.

coolninjaguy
7 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

Yeah, that was because of the anticipation, that's why I stated that Gaga always make people interested on her projects but she fails to make them stay. Stupid Love debuted at #5 then free fell because people just didn't like it, the sales were bad, the streaming numbers were ok, the callouts were terrible and its stability on the charts was nonexistent. Same could be said about Chromatica, which debuted at #1 but the sales dropped very quickly and despite having collabs from Ariana and BLACKPINK, it's like the 5th most streamed album by a female and it was released only 2 months ago, being surpassed by an album released in April, and other one by Billie released last year. Taylor got her whole album inside the Hot 100 too, Gaga had like 4. Also, Stupid Love leaked yeah but leaks do not really affect an artist during the streaming era.

YOU SPILLED :tea:

Sometime I love bts more than blackpink
Maybe gaga can ft. BTS instead blackpink, only views on youtube they have

Drive Driving GIF by Allegheny College

CHROMATICON
16 minutes ago, Majora said:

Sigh... Gaga has been doubted thousands of times and always ends up proving us wrong. She just got her 2nd biggest hit last year, if she wants a solo smash she’ll get it.

She got a smash last year because she had a succesful movie on theaters playing for months. That’s huge promo. The fact that Bradley was there helped a lot too, because everyone knew him as an actor and then he came out as a singer performing with one of the biggest pop stars ever, then the romance rumours came... If Gaga released Shallow on her own with no ASIB hype I think I'm 90% sure it would have NOT smashed the way it did, and continues to do so, even outstreaming Chromatica singles. 

If Gaga continues with the dance pop route she def won't get another smash. People seems to like her the most when she's making more stripped down music. Chromatica was clearly a gift for us and us only. 

PartySick
24 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

Stupid Love peaked at #5 and that song leaked two months before release.

I don't know, I guess I just will never lose faith in her. She's way too talented to peak way too early in her career. She has a lot more to offer.

She's still solidly A-list, especially after ASIB. Calling her over is like when people called MJ over in 2001 when his album only went 5x platinum by the year's end :spin:

Of course he lowkey retired after that and said "f*ck the world" but that wasn't because of sales :ph34r:

Gaga isn't going anywhere :laughga:

🖤

PartySick
1 minute ago, CHROMATICON said:

People seems to like her the most when she's making more stripped down music.

I've been saying this since Million Reasons took off and stayed for a million weeks :selena:

Shallow only solidified it tbh.

🖤

Why gaga not try to collaboration with any DJ, The Chainsmoker, Kygo, Zedd .... modern 2020 pop/sound like selena, halsey, camila making song like 'the cure', 'heal me', 'WDUDT' more pop sound, R&B sound like DWUW than her chromatica remake/sample old house sound It's okay but It's very old, and unfashionable but why her album born this way in 2011 and her 80's music influence is good in this case:emma::rockstar::classy:

It should be modern pop sound or rock n roll vibes or country like 'shallow' and 'powerful sound' without collaboraiton with any singer nowadays

CHROMATICON
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

I've been saying this since Million Reasons took off and stayed for a million weeks :selena:

Shallow only solidified it tbh.

Exactly, not to mention Million Reasons wasn't an organic hit either, it needed the Super Bowl to become a hit :laughga: Gaga's main problem is that she's too promo sensitive, people check her out only when she's making headlines which is sad, since her music should speak for itself. 

I think Gaga needs to find a middle ground between ballads and her anthemic dance tracks. I've always said that Gaga could do good R&B or more "relaxed" pop music. She NEEDS to ditch that tired 4 on the floor repetitive tired beat that used to be really popular and fresh in 2010. :wtfga:

Daylight Jokers
31 minutes ago, Noorat said:

Why gaga not try to collaboration with any DJ, The Chainsmoker

Why on earth do you want that to happen?

Taylucifer

FOLKLORE BABBYYYY

Spoiler

also imma take it as we won cause BTS doesn't count cause they scare me

Spoiler

pls don't come for me tho:flower:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Archived