• FLOP

Featured Posts

raragaga

no, but this thread is

xoxo

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the aesthetic of the cover but the music on the album just isn't that groundbreaking:noparty:

I'm probably wrong

Jnick81

Itā€™s a great move to ground herself in simplicity and songwriting during a difficult time. Not a fan but I have no hate. I can see this image andĀ sound being very comforting in these times. I think itā€™s a great move for her. Ā An author album when artifice feels inconsequential. Props.Ā 

But since no one will ever top the author albums of Leonard Cohen, give me a Babylon music video instead šŸ„°

2School4Cool
1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I think it's definitely a grower. On my first listen, I didn't really enjoy it. To be 100% honest, it was actually a little frustrating. All the songs sounded the same, and while I like having cohesive albums, folklore was justĀ tooĀ cohesive of an album, IMO.

However, I did listen to some of the songs more, and some of them are growing on me, that said, I do largely think the album is a skip (as of now anyways).Ā 

EDIT -Ā Lyrically, I think it's a masterpiece, though.Ā 

I personally enjoyed it at first listen, but I can understand it being a lot to digest on the first listen. I would recommend closing your eyes, turning the lights out, listening with headphones, and just soaking it all in, thatā€™s how I went from enjoying it to absolutely falling in love with it.Ā The more you listen the more you notice the songsā€™ individuality.

See The Best In Everyone

ok honestly last great american dynasty makes me FEEL something

like, idk what it is, but it's so nostalgic and melancholic, i ****ing love it

bluemonkey

Iā€™m not a Swiftie and I usually dislike her music but she won me over with this album. I didnā€™t like it initially as it seemed monotone and not really paying attention to the lyrics it seemed wishy washy but it really does get better with every listen as you start to taken in the words because sheā€™s literally telling a series of stories so it really doesnā€™t feel boring because the music takes a back end as you are listening more to the words since itā€™s so stripped down.Ā 
Ā 

I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s revolutionary or innovative, her singing is okay but thatā€™s not the point. There really isnā€™t any hits on the album. Itā€™s very well made, IĀ wouldnā€™t be surprised if she won a Grammy for songwriting.Ā 

1 hour ago, My Name Isnt Alice said:

It's not for me but I can't say it's flopĀ :selena:

So do you think itā€™s a skip?

10 minutes ago, bluemonkey said:

Iā€™m not a Swiftie and I usually dislike her music but she won me over with this album.

Her songwriting technique will captivate anyone.

Being completely honest:Ā 

old spice yes GIF

It's as forgettable as my ex's name and my second cousin's birthday

Jnick81
2 hours ago, Jnick81 said:

Itā€™s a great move to ground herself in simplicity and songwriting during a difficult time. Not a fan but I have no hate. I can see this image andĀ sound being very comforting in these times. I think itā€™s a great move for her. Ā An author album when artifice feels inconsequential. Props.Ā 

But since no one will ever top the author albums of Leonard Cohen, give me a Babylon music video instead šŸ„°

This guy is reallyĀ smart, right? šŸ˜œ
(Iā€™m just trying to get higher likes) šŸ¤£šŸ„ŗ.

3 minutes ago, Jnick81 said:

(Iā€™m just trying to get higher likes) šŸ¤£šŸ„ŗ.

Small heads up, you can get a wp for that. ;)Ā 

Wet Fire

For me, yes. I can't get into the album. But that's just me. But yes, I think my one problem is the lack of versatility in Taylor's vocal performance throughout the album. She is not known as a vocalist, so can't complain. But yeah, if she could do some vocal acrobatics, it would have been better, I guess.

Thomas P

33 people have no tasteĀ :yennefer:

When a song like Mirrorball is imo the worst song on an album, the album is a damn masterpieceĀ :yennefer:

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

3 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

When a song like Mirrorball is imo the worst song on an album

:enigma:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived