💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Joanne songs are underrated because they’re on Joanne

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

Why do I feel like so many of the songs on Joanne are underrated solely because they were put on the album? I’m looking at you Hey Girl :triggered: Does anyone else feel like specifically with this album solo releases would’ve been better? I mean imagine had Hey Girl just been a single not attached to any project, and it was given a video and everything. Would that have helped with its image? And what about other underrated songs like Angel Down? Had Dancin’ In Circles been released as a summer bop, or maybe even on an EP/double single with The Cure, would that have helped make it more liked? Or do you think all the songs on Joanne are better off actually on the album? 

Gracious Gaga

hey gurl is one of the best songs on that album.

so is diamond heart

John wayne

dancing in circles 

♥ Kindness Police.

BillieGOAT

I agree.. Just Another Day, Diamond Heart, Joanne, A-YO, John Wayne, Perfect Illusion are all great songs :fatcat:

As for DIC being a summer single, I think it would have flopped like a fish:jase: 

I never understood the push for it to be a single.. Diamond Heart would have been better imo 

Born in Chromatica

Yes, I agree, especially for me with AYO, John Wayne etc, they were amazing tracks. I really hated the Perfect Illusion hate. Don’t care what anyone says, to me, it was Lady Gaga’s best lead single. Perfect chorus, passion, elements of rock etc. I do agree that if some of the songs were in “The Cure” they would have been well received. Sadly, Joanne got a lot of hate because it was such a different album to the usual electronic dance albums Gaga usually does. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

KatieJudasGaga4

Come to Mama

Sinner's Prayer

Grigio Girls

Just Another Day

are all so underrated

OMonster

It's kind of weird because, as much as I love Joanne, I don't view any of the songs (aside from MR and maybe Joanne) as 'classic Gaga' tracks - and that's got nothing to do with 'chart performance' or popularity. 

I already feel that some / many of the Chromatica tracks are secure in her discography, and will be remembered as career highlights in the future. 

Joanne is great... it's brilliant... and some of the tracks are among her best... but they don't fit into the bigger picture for me, whilst (for some reason) much 'worse' songs do. 

:shrug:

subtext / fantasy

Reality

Come To Mama is Joanne's The Queen, IMO. Both are amazing songs that I don't think get the recognition they deserve. CTM is so great, but it's sad that so many poeple look past it. 

🃏🖤👹

Lucas
5 minutes ago, OMonster said:

It's kind of weird because, as much as I love Joanne, I don't view any of the songs (aside from MR and maybe Joanne) as 'classic Gaga' tracks - and that's got nothing to do with 'chart performance' or popularity. 

I already feel that some / many of the Chromatica tracks are secure in her discography, and will be remembered as career highlights in the future. 

Joanne is great... it's brilliant... and some of the tracks are among her best... but they don't fit into the bigger picture for me, whilst (for some reason) much 'worse' songs do. 

This! Basically Joanne is a really strong album, every song is really good, it's very consistent in quality throughout the whole album, but a lot of people look down on the album because it doesn't feel like a Gaga record.
I think people feel the same way about Bedtime Stories by Madonna, it's definitely one of her best albums but it doesn't feel like a Madonna album so a lot of people don't talk about it as much

Baronesse

No, Joanne and its songs are just not that good. I remember when most people here were pretending it was her best album. :ladyhaha:

Jose P
15 minutes ago, OMonster said:

This is exactly how I feel. The album just doesn’t feel Gaga enough, and it has nothing to do with its genre. The songs just lack something. It’s still very good of course, but I feel like the album will just be remembered for the stylistic change rather than the actual songs themselves.

Agunimon

I think Joanne is just viewed negatively by pop fans because they want dance bops and they didn't get those. But I also hold the controversial opinion that Dancing In Circles is probably the worst song on the album, and I don't like the album version of Angel Down. The stripped back acoustic version is much better.

Franch Toast

I think Joanne is one of her best albums. I was just listening to it a few days ago, and even songs I didn't appreciate as much before, such as "Grigio Girls" and "Hey Girl," were better than I gave them credit for (but "Hey Girl" is still underwhelming considering the potential that a collaboration with Florence had, and it does sound like a cheesy 70s **** anthem as someone on this site pointed out). 

She/Her/Hers

Karen Smith
7 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

Why do I feel like so many of the songs on Joanne are underrated solely because they were put on the album? I’m looking at you Hey Girl :triggered: Does anyone else feel like specifically with this album solo releases would’ve been better? I mean imagine had Hey Girl just been a single not attached to any project, and it was given a video and everything. Would that have helped with its image? And what about other underrated songs like Angel Down? Had Dancin’ In Circles been released as a summer bop, or maybe even on an EP/double single with The Cure, would that have helped make it more liked? Or do you think all the songs on Joanne are better off actually on the album? 

For sure, John Wayne is the best song on that album in my opinion. I also love Perfect Illusion and Dancing in Circles. All of them are better than boring Million Reasons. 

Archived