💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Chromatica what you were expecting?

Doot

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLover
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

It's just that i find it unrealistic when i only see comments about how great Chromatica is when some songs are objectively dated and just not that great :huntyga: i wanna remind people that Gaga can do better :whitney:

Please elaborate on these objectively dated songs. :bear: Do you perhaps mean derivative?

i don't remember ARTPOP

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW
Just now, Doot said:

But saying Gaga can do better is also objective. 

And no shade, but I still don't understand the logic behind calling something "dated". 

Sine From Above literally sounds like something from 2011. It's just cringey and ridicolous. Plus it is actually a dated song since it's 6 years old.

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, TheHealingPlace said:

EZChjizX0AMA3th.jpg

Like when all this started releasing! Then you're right......it just stopped..... 

Yup, this was great but not enough unfortunately. I needed more photos. 

SHALLOW
4 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Please elaborate on these objectively dated songs. :bear: Do you perhaps mean derivative?

SFA, also arguably 1000 Doves. And most of the other songs don't necessarily sound fresh(Enigma,Replay,SL). Others ofc are inspired by 90s House etc.. but that's ok.

Woohoo

I definitely expected a lot of orchestras for the sci-fi “battle for your life” theme but for some reason expected something more synthwave but Chromatica overall is a serve.

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

Sine From Above literally sounds like something from 2011. It's just cringey and ridicolous. Plus it is actually a dated song since it's 6 years old.

So in order to sound current a song must be trap? Because trap music is what is dominating the radio and charts. That's what the current style is. 

I'm sorry you don't like the song, but again, it's objective because I personally think it's one of her best songs, and certainly imo the best song on the opinion. 

I could care less about what year a song sounds like it came from, if the song is good. 

Kind of

I was expecting harder beats/synths like all those used in Haus Labs vids, maybe 1 o 2 songs with that style. But I don't complain, I love what we got.

Woohoo
Just now, SHALLOW said:

SFA, also arguably 1000 Doves. 

Free Woman’s instrumental is like the perfect embodiment of a 2014 “tropical pop” that’s royalty free and overplayed by youtubers :huntyga:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

So in order to sound current a song must be trap? Because trap music is what is dominating the radio and charts. That's what the current style is. 

I'm sorry you don't like the song, but again, it's objective because I personally think it's one of her best songs, and certainly imo the best song on the opinion. 

I could care less about what year a song sounds like it came from, if the song is good. 

Gurl, trap music isn't really dominating anymore in 2020. 

You can do pop and still sound fresh. Dua Lipa definitely got pop better than Gaga this time. :oops:

Also, you meant "subjective" right? :ohwell:

HeavyMetalLover
3 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

SFA, also arguably 1000 Doves. 

I guess I’m not hearing the same things. The whole album sounds very current and fresh to me. It seems a little dismissive/condescending to “remind” people who like the album that you personally think Gaga can do better. I mean...okay? :triggered:

i don't remember ARTPOP

PrinceOfTheStorm
29 minutes ago, Doot said:

See it's weird, I don't walk away from the album thinking "90's house". 

And house music is life. 

The demos give that vibe.

I wonder if something changed about the production.

signing out

Galvon

Edit: my next post in this tread is an edit of this post. I  accidentally posted a second time.

Sepsami

Pretty much yeah, althought I have to say I had NO CLUE what to expect from Gaga. Did anyone really? lol

I didn't expect the lyrics to cut so deep though :fatcat:

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, Woohoo said:

Free Woman’s instrumental is like the perfect embodiment of a 2014 “tropical pop” that’s royalty free and overplayed by youtubers :huntyga:

I like FW but the instrumental is just not strong enough. You're right.

Archived