Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Chromatica what you were expecting?

Doot

Featured Posts

SHALLOW

It's funny how i've been dragged for months for saying it was not as great as i expected and now everyone's saying the same. CLOWNS. :whitney:

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FentyGa

sound-wise, yes

i didn’t expect as much disco influence, so i’m positively surprised about that, but generally? yeah. electronic pop lol.

maybe i expected it to sound a little less eurovision, but all the songs are still bangers, so it’s cool

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Doot said:

See it's weird, I don't walk away from the album thinking "90's house". 

And house music is life. 

It's more like pop with some house influences. It's like she took certain aspects and did her own thing. I grew up listening to that music and when I listen to Chromatica there are some things that remind me of it but I can't really pinpoint what they are exactly. I love what Gaga and Bloodpop came up with though, it sounds so fresh even though some of the songs sound a bit dated, and I feel like the album is something that we all needed. 

FentyGa
Just now, SHALLOW said:

It's funny how i've been dragged for months for saying it was not as great as i expected and now everyone's saying the same.

because now that gaga hasn’t promoted the album, theyve decided they can be honest about it:billie: quite funny, actually

GovernmentHookah
6 minutes ago, Doot said:

See it's weird, I don't walk away from the album thinking "90's house". 

And house music is life. 

Same! It sounds 90s lite.

SHALLOW
24 minutes ago, GayPrideUnicorn said:

I was waiting for more grand production:firega:

large?v=1.0&px=999

Yup. Honestly most of the instrumentals are so anonymous and forgettable to me.

SHALLOW
Just now, FentyGa said:

because now that gaga hasn’t promoted the album, theyve decided they can be honest about it:billie: quite funny, actually

:whitney: Well, i'm glad i've always stood by my true opinion. You can love Gaga and still not like anything she does 100%

1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's more like pop with some house influences. It's like she took certain aspects and did her own thing. I grew up listening to that music and when I listen to Chromatica there are some things that remind me of it but I can't really pinpoint what they are exactly. I love what Gaga and Bloodpop came up with though, it sounds so fresh even though some of the songs sound a bit dated, and I feel like the album is something that we all needed. 

1 minute ago, GovernmentHookah said:

Same! It sounds 90s lite.

Yeah it's something I have to actively listen to to hear the reference. 

Maybe like 1-2 songs sound anything like the house music playlist she posted. 

Still love the album tho. 

JANNNNEEEEEEEE

LOVE CHROMATICA hope it get LOADS of music awards so PROUD of Gaga for creating such a BEAUTIFUL MOVING Album 

5 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

It's funny how i've been dragged for months for saying it was not as great as i expected and now everyone's saying the same. CLOWNS. :whitney:

That's not true. Majority of the people who have responded stated they love it. 

NFRatwell

I was expecting something more techno/experimental. I honestly thought Boys Noize and Sophie would be significant producers. :bear: Definitely didn’t see the Free Woman, Fun Tonight, Enigma, SFA, 1000 Doves production coming. I hope we do get the Babylon Haus Labs version and the songs Sophie produced. 

SHALLOW
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

I like it too and i always made sure to say it ( still i always got dragged) but i still expected it to be way better. The dated production of some songs is just inexcusable for Gaga's standards.

Big Reputation

In some ways it did but in other ways it didn’t. I think she could’ve done a lot more with the production. Some of the songs aged really fast in terms of production (at least for me)

overall it was what it was but I think there could’ve been a lot more

When it’s dark outside you’re always the light

JustHMLover2

the Free Woman demo gave me so much hope

and it still delievered! :firega:

the only let down was the free woman change :fatcat: along with fun tonight 

at this point I love both, but expected more house vibes on both

JANNNNEEEEEEEE
1 minute ago, Doot said:

YES SEE MY POSITIVE comment i posted moments ago 

Archived