💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which artists of today will stand the test of time?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Justin Drew Bieber

Which artists of today do you think will still be able to sell millions decades later /become an icon or legend?

IMO: Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Adele, Rihanna, and Ariana Grande.

Gaga - She’s still getting hits 12 years later, is constantly evolving, is breaking into the film industry, is an all around entertainer who’s managed to re-peak 10 years after her debut.

Taylor - Consistent success, talented singer-songwriter, huge touring force, quality pop songs.

Beyoncé - Amazing performer, is extremely culturally relevant, one of the best artists of all time.

Adele - The one person who can sell millions upon millions within 7 days of releasing a new album, great voice, still a hit maker.

Rihanna - Smooth voice, bops, makeup industry force, business woman, several iconic songs.

Ariana - Even though she’s only been around 7 years, she’s already made a big name for herself. I see her becoming as big as Mariah Carey.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

How difficult this test can be?

506ec284cc9932d8794c85f71e4928d0.jpg

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

SissyFromSpace

lol Gaga rebounded 3 times after ARTPOP and shes still at the top of her success. This thread is for artists like Ariana/Billie/Ava Max etc 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

I think Gaga will be well respected, and an icon still, but I don't know if I envision her long term as some monster seller. Just very well respected. But we shall see. 

I don't see Taylor being overly mainstream forever. She will eventually be overtaken. 

I think Beyonce will become much more passive too. 

kaelergrey

@ProjectJoanne A literal king. He will stand not just the test of time but also for eternity. :whitney: 

I stan him so much. :giveup:

But I heard @gagaschickens is gonna release something in the future . So it will be a fight for the crown. :gum:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Lord Temptation

I remember when they called Katy Perry  the Michael Jackson of our generation like it was yesterday :enigma:

Lady Gaga but I have a feeling she wants to steer toward acting.

I don't think she's as interested in being a pop star as she was early in her career. But that's just my humble opinion and I don't know what's in her heart as far as what artistic path she wants to follow.

4 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I remember when they called Katy Perry  the Michael Jackson of our generation like it was yesterday :enigma:

I remember that actually. :billie:

GaGaAst
5 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

little did they know what would follow shortly after

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

HeavyMetalLover

I really think Lorde is just getting started and will have a long, successful career.

i don't remember ARTPOP

ChromaticRaccoon

Out of all the singers we have today, I believe Gaga stands the best chance, due to the fact she focuses on more than just music now. 

It's very hard for an artist to be remembered beyond their years. They said The Beetles were the biggest band of all time, but the newer generations know basically nothing about them. I can't even name one of their songs :billie:

But with all she does, I think Gaga stands the best chance 

Taylucifer

I think out of all the pop girls Beyonce, Taylor and Gaga will go down as icons. 

music video beyonce GIF

mad on fire GIF

lady gaga fire GIF

As for the others:

Spoiler

I suspect what happened to Katy might happen to Ariana, ie riding this huge wave of seemingly never-ending success and then just making one really bad decision and whoosh.

I see Fenty and makeup out shinning Rihanna's music (but that could also be because she hasn't released in years). Either way, Rihanna's going down as some sort of icon. 

Adele will be remembered as the girl who's music sold more than everyone else 

Nicki obviously will be considered the rapper of this generation of girls. idk if she'll be an icon like the rest but certainly an icon of the rap genre.

Cardi B, who the f*ck knows. She fades in and out so often but when she comes back she comes back hard. but idk if she'll be remembered for anything more than the girl Nicki fought

Billie has the most potential to solidify herself as an icon considering her start to her career but I feel like this is exactly where everything falls apart going into the second album. In saying that I think she still has a clear views of what and who she wants to be she just has to develop a bit and not make WWAFA, WDWG part 2.

Honourable to mentions to Halsey and Dua. Y'all killed the charts but idk if anyone will remember you in 50 years aside from the gheys

1989 (TV) is out NOW

RabbitHeart

Gaga, Beyonce, Rihanna I can see continuing to do what they're currently doing for a long time.

Adele I see having a similar trajectory to Celine Dion, still a legend in her own right but not a frequent, constant hit maker.

Taylor I honestly see one day really embracing the folklore aesthetic but taking it even further down a Joni Mitchell route. I hope she releases an album like Blue one day.

Ari is tough because she's so good at/attached to a sound that is very of the moment. I'm not sure how it'll evolve/if she'll go back to dance pop/if she'll be more firmly rooted in rnb. I personally hope she goes the more rnb route, like a combination of successful (from sweetener), NASA (from thank u, next), and Baby I (from yours truly).

Billie is an interesting one bc I think she's still so young that her relationship with fame/how she feels about making music will probably change. She's currently so dedicated to "not doing the pop thing" and "not doing the alternative thing" and I'm not sure if, as she gets older, she'll still feel so strongly about being strange/different (like Gaga, esp like in the case of her refusing to work with Max Martin back in the day and then deciding to "stop being an a*hole" and work with him on Chromatica).

I also think Lorde is going to occupy a similar space to Bjork, not musically but like career-wise. Critical darling, gays live for her, on the margins of the pop culture conversation, not exactly making smash hit records.

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, QueenOfSaigon said:

rebecca black dancing GIF

Rebecca :firega:

Cant wait for Blackpink ft Rebecca Black(pink) 

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Archived