Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which artists of today will stand the test of time?

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

I remember when they called Katy Perry  the Michael Jackson of our generation like it was yesterday :enigma:

Our generation isn't that bad.:air:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Red Velvet

I feel that BLACKPINK will be going down the path that Girls' Generation has right now. Well respected, recognized, and known as the girl group who broke K-Pop's records, although I find TWICE and Red Velvet taking that spot instead.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

StrawberryBlond

Selling millions years from now

Gaga - She never gives us the same album twice and is much more respected now. She'll always adapt to the times, is multi-talented, is a touring force and can act now as well.

Taylor - Super loyal fanbase will keep her going whether she continues to make pop bops or keep doing down this folk route as she gets older and she'll clearly keep on selling albums and making tour money.

Adele - Album sales look like they will remain solid and that's just who she is now. She seems to be the anomoly who keeps on selling past her big breakthrough success.

Becoming an icon/legend

Beyonce - She already is one. With this big gap between solo albums and not being a big singles monster is what's likely going to make her solo sales dwindle. But she's at the stage where she doesn't need hits, she's solidified.

Rihanna - Those hits will live forever but people overestimate how big her comeback will be. The pop world moves on fast and she's been gone for over 4 years. She's much happier with the make up empire and that's making her more money than music ever did and it seems she's very happy to stick with that.

Lana - A legendary indie star, for sure. The critics are liking her more and even though her tours are small, they sell well. She's managed to be successful through her influence, not on the charts.

Unknown/time will tell

Ed - He's an amazing seller right now but will people get bored of him being so over-exposed? He's apparently got an album out next year but it seems his priority is family right now so we'll just have to see where it goes.

Dua - She came back with this second album in a way I didn't expect so I'm keeping an open mind here. But she's still yet to really make a hit at the level of New Rules again and there was really only big hit off her new album so the third one will be the big decider.

Billie - She's gaining a lot of attention right now for being different but because we know what to expect next time, attention could drop. And she's still young enough to start changing her mind about her image one day and you never know how that will go over with fans.

Cardi - I'll just have to see how this new album works out as she went really quiet after her two big #1's and following singles didn't have the same impact. Her collab with an artist who recently had a #1 of her own might get her on the right road but a third album will really be the test.

Economy

Only female artists are being rated? Than I'd say yes u pretty much got them all. Maybe I'd add Billie Eillish as I feel she will always have a following but it's still early to say

For male Artists id add Justin Bieber, Drake, Eminem (after over 20 years he still sells well whenever he releases still) and possibly Ed Sheeran

SHALLOW

I don’t think that Taylor and Beyonce  will last ( at least they shouldn’t imo) :ohwell:and probably Rihanna won’t either if she doesn’t hurry up with her albums. :bear:Tho the rest of the main pop girls should be safe. I can see Dua Lipa grow a lot tho. 

SHALLOW
7 hours ago, Economy said:

Only female artists are being rated? Than I'd say yes u pretty much got them all. Maybe I'd add Billie Eillish as I feel she will always have a following but it's still early to say

For male Artists id add Justin Bieber, Drake, Eminem (after over 20 years he still sells well whenever he releases still) and possibly Ed Sheeran

Billie’s style is already tired. She can’t really switch it up and can only whisper. I’m impressed she’s still a thing but she’s just another Lana Del Rey.

Economy
2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Billie’s style is already tired. She can’t really switch it up and can only whisper. I’m impressed she’s still a thing but she’s just another Lana Del Rey.

But she's too unique to fade like a generic artist. And she's doing well regardless of ur opinion of her "tired" style

She will keep a following is my point

Last time I checked Lana still had a sizable following

SHALLOW
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

But she's too unique to fade like a generic artist. And she's doing well regardless of ur opinion of her "tired" style

She will keep a following is my point

Last time I checked Lana still had a sizable following

Unique? She’s literally “the phase” every teenager goes through. :triggered: plus Avril Lavigne exists. 

Yeah but the GP hasn’t been listening to Lana for years :huntyga: plus Billie’s fanbase is very weak compared to Lana’s. That’s why  Billie Daily  or something flopped :ladyhaha:

Chile Beyonce has been around for 22 years, she’s already won. 

Rihanna will be more known for being a boss ass bitch than her music, kind of like Diddy is today.

Taylor will always have success but I wonder what will happen after Folklore if she goes for a more adult image.

it’s to soon to tell about Ariana, although she’s been around for some time now she’s only been an A-List for like 2 years.

Adele will be known as old people music but she will always be around.

Economy
3 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Unique? She’s literally “the phase” every teenager goes through. :triggered: plus Avril Lavigne exists. 

Yeah but the GP hasn’t been listening to Lana for years :huntyga: plus Billie’s fanbase is very weak compared to Lana’s. That’s why  Billie Daily  or something flopped :ladyhaha:

I'm not talking about her dam teenage attitude. Her music and artist style is not just some generic mainstream artist. It is unique

And I'm not talking about the GP I said she would have a following

And the site failing doesn't mean anything. It can be as simple as failing to promote it adequately or making the site attractive to the base etc

I could try to start a new site for a hot artist now doesn't mean my site would succeed. And if I flopped in my attempt that doesn't prove that artist isn't a hot artist right now

SHALLOW
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

I'm not talking about her dam teenage attitude. Her music and artist style is not just some generic mainstream artist. It is unique

It’s just creepy and depressed and i’m sure there are other artists that have  had that style even before her but just didn’t get famous. The only interesting thing about her for the GP is that all that comes from a teenage girl.

Economy
2 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

It’s just creepy and depressed and i’m sure there are other artists that have that have had that style even before her but just didn’t get famous.

No ****. Just about every style has been done by somebody at some point especially if u include the over 99% of artists that remained underground and never got famous. Ur setting the bar so unreasonably high now cuz u wanna hate. Gaga is not that unique either if ur gonna go by that logic 

She still stands out from other famous artists whether u wanna admit it or not

Archived