- Clever lyrics
- Powerful vocals and intricate harmonies
- Such a big range of vocal types
- The ability to make you feel happy, sad, angry and empowered at the same time
- One of the most memorable hooks of this century
- Universally relatable message without being generic
- A completely unique and unreplicated sound
- A bridge that elevates the song completely
- A climax that makes you wanna punch through a wall (in a good way)

I'll be waiting.

relaxing kenan thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sis Bad Romance lyrics are not clever, maybe in Chromatica. Its message is generic, wanting someone's love is nothing unique.

Marry The Night is THAT song.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty
8 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Paparazzi, Dance In The Dark, Speechless, half of Born This Way, some Joanne songs, DWUW, and some ASIB songs... :bear:

- Paparazzi = Same vocals throughout, confusing lyrics (that second verse? :mark:)
- Dance In The Dark = Amazing. but very specific thematically and emotionally, so not as universal
- Speechless = AMAZING lyrically but relatively dated and (imo) bland production :oops:
- Half of Born This Way = Well if you add 7-8 songs of BTW together they might have the range of Bad Romance :huntyga:
- Joanne = Twitter pls :haroon:
- ASIB = iT's NoT A rEaL gAgA aLbUm :mark: (and it's not half as unique as Bad Romance)
- DWUW idk ha :bear:

That said I love most of the songs you mentioned :vegas:

Spoiler

Except maybe one :haroon: :sure:

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Sis Bad Romance lyrics are not clever, maybe in Chromatica. Its message is generic, wanting someone's love is nothing unique.

Marry The Night is THAT song.

The message isn't that generic IMO. "Wanting someone's love" would be generic, but the perspective of BR is more interesting. It's about wanting someone's worst and most destructive parts, as a consequence of being in love. And being ecstatic about it :vegas:

I will agree that Marry The Night comes close on all the points I made. It has the range, the unique sound and the great lyrics. But in my very personal opinion, the hook and the length of the outro hold it back instead of adding to it :oprah:

Juanlittlem
4 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

The message isn't that generic IMO. "Wanting someone's love" would be generic, but the perspective of BR is more interesting. It's about wanting someone's worst and most destructive parts, as a consequence of being in love. And being ecstatic about it :vegas:

I will agree that Marry The Night comes close on all the points I made. It has the range, the unique sound and the great lyrics. But in my very personal opinion, the hook and the length of the outro hold it back instead of adding to it :oprah:

The level of disrespect :saladga: That ending just showcases the extasis of the song, Gaga's constantly screaming those high notes "THE NIIIGHT" is something she wont ever get to do again.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Galvon

It may not be her best song (to some of you) but it's the best 'Gaga' song. It's so her. Nobody can sing it like her. Marry The Night and some of other songs you all mention here, could have been sang by maybe other artists too. But nobody can do Bad Romance like Gaga herself. IMO. That song has such a specific character and personality, I can't think of anyone who would do it justice. A lot of her early singles have this special quality actually, because her writing and singing is so recognizable, but Bad Romance has it the most.

Head Empty
1 minute ago, Juanlittlem said:

The level of disrespect :saladga: That ending just showcases the extasis of the song, Gaga's constantly screaming those high notes "THE NIIIGHT" is something she wont ever get to do again.

I agree on what you say here. But some elements of the outro seem out of place to me (the "Oh m-m-marry" with only claps in the background) and as epic as the rest of the song is, the outro just sort of fizzes out at the very end :mark:

I wish they had added the synth/organ and drums that they used on live performances, where it truly went out with a bang (see timestamp below).

Don't get me wrong though, I'm being nitpicky in defense of Bad Romance :laughga:. I adore Marry The Night but I'm picking at minor flaws in comparison to (what I believe to be) Gaga's most "perfect" song.

There's two things I could nitpick about Bad Romance:
- The male "hey!" vocal in the first verse is unnecessary and is the most obvious "throwback" to the 00s, and thus it makes it less timeless.
- The french part might've been a bit excessively campy :bear:

HeavyMetalLover
4 hours ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I don’t think I had seen this before. This is one of her best performances I think. :firega:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Regina George

My personal favorite is Paparazzi but I don’t think it’s better than Bad Romance :huntyga: Bad Romance is her best sing and I don’t think she’ll ever make something that will top that. 

edengowon

alejandro

paparazzi

always remember us this way

speechless

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Archived