Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Taylor Swift's Folklore Debuts at #1!

Gimme More

Featured Posts

LaLuna

Yaaaassss queen, blah blah blah, she did THAT, haters can seethe, people are just jealous 'cause she's more successful than Gaga, blah blah blah, she's not bland and boring at all, her music is totally amazing, blah blah blah

Peace Out Whatever GIF

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock
48 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

After 1989, she did slip a lot from success, that's a statistical fact. 

1989 was a major, record breaking, once in a lifetime peak. Of course she was never going to keep it up, any normal, unbiased person would see that :rip: Both 1989 and Reputation opened with 1M+ copies. Reputation  was the last highest selling album until Lover, which was the last highest selling album until Folklore. I really fail to see how that is slipping "a lot"

52 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I base my opinions on statistical evidence and my research into music/genre/chart history, as corresponds to me reviewing albums, so don't tell me that it's based on bias and misinformation

You're seriously the only person who thinks this :rip:, your post is just bursting at the seams with bias and personal opinion trying to pass off as facts, just like in your previous post

56 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Her fans just go on and on about China as if it's the only country in the world. 

you mean the same way biased haters like you go off about how sHe'S oNLy BiG iN aMeRiCa as if it were the only country in the world? hm interesting

58 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

The reason she hardly ever tours in Europe and just does one date per country when she does is because she has very limited demand there. Folklore failed to hit #1 in major European markets like Italy, Germany and France (a very disappointing #12) and the singles aren't smashing like they are in the States. There's similarly very little demand in Latin America, Africa and Western Asia for her. I don't know how her fans keep trying to explain away her very limited international tour dates. If there is demand in a country, an artist will be sent there. When she can multiple arena/stadium shows in these areas, then we'll talk.

The reason she doesn't tour is because she doesn't want to, this has been repeated to you and with receipts extensively. She already sold out an arena tour in Europe for Speak Now when she was a country act. If Katy could pull off sold out/almost sold out arenas for Witness, so could Taylor with 1989-Reputation-Lover. The bolded part simply isn't true because even if the demand is there, Taylor does not get sent because she doesn't want to

I just can't wait to see what clownery you will be pulling out of your hat for TS9 :rip: 

who will love me when the night is over

BloodyJudas
43 minutes ago, Spock said:

1989 was a major, record breaking, once in a lifetime peak. Of course she was never going to keep it up, any normal, unbiased person would see that :rip: Both 1989 and Reputation opened with 1M+ copies. Reputation  was the last highest selling album until Lover, which was the last highest selling album until Folklore. I really fail to see how that is slipping "a lot"

You're seriously the only person who thinks this :rip:, your post is just bursting at the seams with bias and personal opinion trying to pass off as facts, just like in your previous post

you mean the same way biased haters like you go off about how sHe'S oNLy BiG iN aMeRiCa as if it were the only country in the world? hm interesting

The reason she doesn't tour is because she doesn't want to, this has been repeated to you and with receipts extensively. She already sold out an arena tour in Europe for Speak Now when she was a country act. If Katy could pull off sold out/almost sold out arenas for Witness, so could Taylor with 1989-Reputation-Lover. The bolded part simply isn't true because even if the demand is there, Taylor does not get sent because she doesn't want to

I just can't wait to see what clownery you will be pulling out of your hat for TS9 :rip: 

Ignore her, honey. She drinks xd 

The way you ended clownery! Kudos to you. 🙈

Hurem
23 hours ago, Blastertoyo said:

Let’s be real 8 versions and a surprise release is promotion 

Chromatica was hella promoted then.

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, Spock said:

I'm pointing out that it was a slip for her standards, that's all, it would have been amazing for a lot of other people. Reputation only had one massive hit as well, despite a mainstream sound and a star studded collab. That's just a fact.

The only subjective opinion I make is about her music itself. I don't let that cloud my judgement when it comes to sales and public demand.

No, you know that's not what I meant. I meant that ever since Taylor took off in China it's the one example her fans use to say that she's popular worldwide now.

When has Taylor ever come out saying that she doesn't tour in certain places because she doesn't want to? Tour companies make artists tour where there's demand, that's just how it works. That Speak Now European arena tour was at tiny arenas, most of them less than 10k capacity and she only did one show per country and didn't do many countries at that, not impressive at all. When she moved up to full size arenas in Europe, she barely did any countries at all, even missing out major markets. Even when she had successful albums like Red and 1989, her European tour dates were pitiful. The most populated city in the UK, London, got one tour date, a festival date, so not even all the people who got tickets were there to even see her. She called that a world tour yet she only went to 10 countries. Well, if she's such a great artist to her fans, why doesn't she tour in places where she supposedly has them? That's not a good look on her, yet you defend it.

Scroll to the bottom of this response if you still think I'm completely biased about her.

20 minutes ago, BloodyJudas said:

Ignore her, honey. She drinks xd 

The way you ended clownery! Kudos to you. 🙈

Don't tell people to ignore others. Let them decide for themselves. And the word "clownery" is really overused here. And look at this response underneath if you still think I'm just a mindless hater.

By the way, @QueenOfSaigon since I never got to respond to your question earlier about one positive thing to say about Taylor, here goes: I appreciate that she can play multiple instruments well. As someone who can't even play one instrument, I'm in awe of anyone who can play several and believe that's a sign of true natural talent. I also like that she writes all her songs and composes almost all of them herself, or with just one or two other people, which is commendable considering she did that from a young age as well. As someone who only got into songwriter properly last year, the fact she did all this as a teenager is very impressive. I think she can create something really special when she really tries and I have several favourites on each album. My favourite one from her is Tim McGraw, whose chorus is glorious. And while it's not connected to her music, I think she's beautiful too.

blankpaper
4 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Tour companies make artists tour where there's demand, that's just how it works.

I’m staying out of the rest of this, but....explain Gaga and Brazil if “that’s just how it works” haha 

reality’s tight if the music is right

QueenOfSaigon
7 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

By the way, @QueenOfSaigon since I never got to respond to your question earlier about one positive thing to say about Taylor, here goes: I appreciate that she can play multiple instruments well. As someone who can't even play one instrument, I'm in awe of anyone who can play several and believe that's a sign of true natural talent. I also like that she writes all her songs and composes almost all of them herself, or with just one or two other people, which is commendable considering she did that from a young age as well. As someone who only got into songwriter properly last year, the fact she did all this as a teenager is very impressive. I think she can create something really special when she really tries and I have several favourites on each album. My favourite one from her is Tim McGraw, whose chorus is glorious. And while it's not connected to her music, I think she's beautiful too.

StrawberryBlond
28 minutes ago, blankpaper said:

I’m staying out of the rest of this, but....explain Gaga and Brazil if “that’s just how it works” haha 

No artist can tour in Brazil with every tour, unless they're a major Latin act like Shakira or something. The Latin American market is notoriously difficult to tour in every time, so most artists only go there once every second or even third tour. Because vast amounts of these countries populations live on very little money, they wouldn't be able to afford to see a concert from their fave constantly and so demand has to be built up between albums. It's sad for the fans there, but it's pure economics. And because of the massive outbreak of Covid in Brazil, as well as Chile, Mexico, Peru and Colombia, don't expect tour dates there for anyone any time soon. Gaga has toured in Latin America as and when she can, Taylor hasn't toured there once in her 14 year career. Are you really comparing them? I study the science behind touring decisions, I know what I'm talking about.

Spock
33 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm pointing out that it was a slip for her standards, that's all, it would have been amazing for a lot of other people. Reputation only had one massive hit as well, despite a mainstream sound and a star studded collab. That's just a fact.

Everyone always going off about "her standards" like the music industry going the way it's going is somehow her fault and something she should be able to rise up against with her sales. She was never going to keep getting #1 singles, and her longevity and consistency is literally unheard of these days. She's never historically been a singles artist so holding that against her is just plain dumb. Folklore only debuted 20k less than Lover, without any promo, videos or in store physicals. This is far from a slip

37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No, you know that's not what I meant. I meant that ever since Taylor took off in China it's the one example her fans use to say that she's popular worldwide now.

okay so first it's "she isn't popular outside the US", but now it's "she's popular in China but her fans only use that example"? they way haters keep moving the goalposts, it's literally insane. by definition that makes her popular worldwide, open an Atlas sweetie

40 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When has Taylor ever come out saying that she doesn't tour in certain places because she doesn't want to? Tour companies make artists tour where there's demand, that's just how it works. That Speak Now European arena tour was at tiny arenas, most of them less than 10k capacity and she only did one show per country and didn't do many countries at that, not impressive at all. When she moved up to full size arenas in Europe, she barely did any countries at all, even missing out major markets. Even when she had successful albums like Red and 1989, her European tour dates were pitiful. The most populated city in the UK, London, got one tour date, a festival date, so not even all the people who got tickets were there to even see her. She called that a world tour yet she only went to 10 countries. Well, if she's such a great artist to her fans, why doesn't she tour in places where she supposedly has them? That's not a good look on her, yet you defend it.

it is common knowledge her mother does not like to tour outside of America, which is why she doesn't do it. you're so invested in her career, I'm surprised you don't know this. Promoters cannot force artists to do anything they don't want to do :rip: especially when you factor in that she owns some of the companies and holdings involved in her tours, and especially when it's an artist of Taylor Swift's magnitude :rip:  she isn't some random girl busking outside of Starbucks

so just to be clear, you're saying that an unknown country act in Europe being able to sell out 10k capacity arenas across the continent is not impressive? lmao and you wonder why people say you're biased. An arena is an arena, regardless of the capacity, so seethe all you want, it's not going to change the fact that Taylor Swift had a SOLD OUT ARENA WORLD TOUR in 2011 in Europe when she was a no one here.

There were going to be more dates for the Red Tour which didn't happen because of promoter issues, and the 1989 World Tour had to be cut short. Also she broke the all time attendance record at British Summer Time in 2015, I doubt those people were there for Vance Joy or John Newman :rip: 

And I never said I agreed with her touring choices, but I am not going to sit here and let you spew all this fiction and lies just to try to save face 

who will love me when the night is over

gypsy101
2 hours ago, LaLuna said:

Yaaaassss queen, blah blah blah, she did THAT, haters can seethe, people are just jealous 'cause she's more successful than Gaga, blah blah blah, she's not bland and boring at all, her music is totally amazing, blah blah blah

all of this but unironically

Lona Delery
36 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I know what I'm talking about.

you honestly dont, you make **** up as you go so everything fits your narrative. do you even know how ridiculous and bitter you look? youre making a fool out of yourself, its quite sad to watch actually :rip: mental illness, luhv

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

MessyTop
21 hours ago, Chromatography said:

OK? so why do you show up in literally every single damn taylor thread to spout off how much you dislike her and how much she’ll plummet etc etc etc. just let that sh!t go. taylor lives absolutely rent free in your head.

I’ve learned not to engage with her. Baffles my mind how someone can waste time hating someone or let alone attacking artists. Is just easy to ignore artists we don’t like. 

MessyTop
51 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

you honestly dont, you make **** up as you go so everything fits your narrative. do you even know how ridiculous and bitter you look? youre making a fool out of yourself, its quite sad to watch actually :rip: mental illness, luhv

Please report her posts. She’s been highjacking all the Taylor threads for no reason. I wish the moderators would talk to her. It’s no fun to have the same person bring our threads down cause they hate the artists. 

• Jase locked this topic

Archived