Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

'Smile' Limited Covers

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Xoxo Adriana

so i may have bought all five of the CDs and picture vinyls and it MAY have cost me $500 in total

tenor.gif?itemid=6175133

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GGDisbetter
On 8/4/2020 at 1:35 AM, 776673564747836765 said:

BTS is selling different versions :trollga:

Kpop albums have had 2-4 versions of an album for yearssss sis. 

LORD GAGA
On 8/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, gagaisitalian said:

Six years ago.

We rarely see artists do this. And Smile originally only had one cover. It's no coincidence that Katy all of a sudden added more covers right after Taylor has a record-breaking week.

Trust me Taylor is not the blueprint for selling alternative covers of albums, it’s a common thing in the industry. 

gagaisitalian
6 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

Trust me Taylor is not the blueprint for selling alternative covers of albums, it’s a common thing in the industry. 

Well seeing as how she's the blueprint for the entire music industry right now....I don't know.......

And it's not that common. I'm a huge pop culture fan. This is rarely a route that major artists take. It's usually just standard and deluxe editions. Will we start seeing it more and more now? Certainly. But Katy hadn't released alternative covers until a week after Taylor did. And judging by the cover art....it was rushed.

ShayCristoforo

The first one is awesome. I love the detail into the spine.

The first 3 are just so cooooool 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

LORD GAGA
40 minutes ago, gagaisitalian said:

Well seeing as how she's the blueprint for the entire music industry right now....I don't know.......

And it's not that common. I'm a huge pop culture fan. This is rarely a route that major artists take. It's usually just standard and deluxe editions. Will we start seeing it more and more now? Certainly. But Katy hadn't released alternative covers until a week after Taylor did. And judging by the cover art....it was rushed.

The reason they’re doing it is because of rules for charting, not to mention, it’s likely fans will buy more than one copy of the artwork is different. Meaning first week sales are massively inflated compared to what they would have been. Again Taylor us not the blueprint for the ‘music industry’ her primary success is within the USA market, outside of that she’s pretty standard.

pop a 911

I may have just spent $200 on all the covers and Pictures discs :messga: on top of the $200 I spent for the original album, cassette, and vinyls :enigma:

wished Gaga would feed us like this 

i’m not real, i’m theatre

cdparky
On 8/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, gagaisitalian said:

Tell me which artist in the past few years released 5+ covers of an album in one country.

I recall The Foo Fighters did it on their Sonic Highways album (think there were 8 of them).

The variants do seem to have spiralled out of hand though. If I've counted correctly there are now either 10 or 11 vinyl versions of this album - these 5 pic discs, the "normal" web exclusive pic disc, standard (bone white) vinyl, HMV transparent red, Target Blue, Spotify Custard and Walmart Red (which might be the same as HMV, but saw it described as "solid red").

To think a few years ago we were lucky if we even got a vinyl version.

Also, for anyone in Europe / UK who wants these, they are now on her UK store for the next couple of days.

gagaisitalian
12 hours ago, LORD GAGA said:

The reason they’re doing it is because of rules for charting, not to mention, it’s likely fans will buy more than one copy of the artwork is different. Meaning first week sales are massively inflated compared to what they would have been. Again Taylor us not the blueprint for the ‘music industry’ her primary success is within the USA market, outside of that she’s pretty standard.

I know why they sell limited copies, I'm not an idiot.

And Taylor is the blueprint for the music industry. Period. No one can sell albums or tours like her. And that's such a tired argument to say she's only popular in the US. Folklore sold more in Japan in one week than the majority of American artists' first week sales in America.

LORD GAGA
8 hours ago, gagaisitalian said:

I know why they sell limited copies, I'm not an idiot.

And Taylor is the blueprint for the music industry. Period. No one can sell albums or tours like her. And that's such a tired argument to say she's only popular in the US. Folklore sold more in Japan in one week than the majority of American artists' first week sales in America.

Drop the attitude. If that’s your opinion great but it’s not factually correct. 

Karen Smith

I love the idea of making new videos for Never really over and Harleys in Hawaii. Also I can't wait for Smile official video, because I can't look at this mess where she looks and acts like clown. 

Teletubby
On 8/3/2020 at 12:07 AM, MANiCURE 6 said:

I bought the pink one with the silver tears... This should have been the standard edition cover... 

Katy is such a QUEEN.

EecuB4cXYAoggRV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

She had the same Makeup Artist who made Ariana Grande make up for ROM

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Archived