Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How are you feeling about Gaga right now?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Fanta
3 hours ago, NCgaga said:

I feel that Chromatica could have been an incredible visual album. She had so much momentum for it until the album actually came out. I’m not sure why she stopped promo? Sine From Above and Babylon could have had amazing videos. 

Gaga to mE has always been that girl. That pop star that has the talent, passion and intelligence to be able to produce art and visuals as big as MaDONNA and Michael Jackson. Now it seems that she falls backseat to Beyonce and Taylor and Adele. At some point after ARTPOP, it seems that she lost that desire. It’s hard for a pop start to stay relevant after their mid-late Twenties, but I always thought Gaga was going to be that- and still can. I’m just not sure with her mental and physical issues if she can. It’s sad and I’m sad for her. But if all this means that she is on a quest to find happiness or simplicity- then I really just want what she wants- and gets it. 

This this THIS!!!

I cannot say this enough! I do NOT understand why she just took a backseat to her peers when SHE opened up the doors, practically kicked them down, in terms of versatility and high budget products/performances/videos. She watered down her entire brand post-ARTPOP. If that was me, I would have never allowed anyone to take the one thing from me that I made happen. After she was dragged and mocked in the media, even with all the praise, everyone is showing out while she just disappears into thin air. That's the real reason I'm 'mad', it's that everyone is bringing it except the woman that made headlines and created history in her field for being the only one to bring THAT sort of fire.

She was compared to the king and queen of Pop a year or two into her career, and if this is her "explosion into her thirties" then she (or her team) need a wakeup call. I hope she is okay and safe, but Gaga needs to remember why and how we fell in love with her. I do fear that spark is gone. It's a shame because I would never be who I am today without who she was when I discovered her.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopEmergency

The era so far looks like one big front-loaded cash grab unfortunatly.

Usually they at least try to not make it seem like it (music industry in general)

Album release -> Merch -> Second Single -> Merch -> SC Lyrics-> Merch -> silence -> VMAs

And the merch quality this era isn't good either

And the fact that she was posting constantly about HausLabs during the peak of BLM and Corona left a bad taste in peoples mouth (+ the tudor add recently)

She could have done something easily without doing pretty much anything. The pop girls are using new methods to promote except her.

Examples:

Animated Music Video (Britney Break the Ice style, Dua Lipa)

Re-release with a new cover... or a god damn proper vinyl sleeve :interestinga: (Similar to Taylor and Katy right now)

Tons of home/green screen performances (She did one during the covid live stream)

BUT there were rumors going around weeks ago that she wasn't in a good place as well (who has been since march, let's be honest)

Healed My Heart
16 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Honestly I hate her right now. And I am on the brink of unstanning. I know she doesn't owe me anything. She just gave me knew music. But her not acknowledging that new music felt like a betrayal. 

And it's hypocritical that she is now promoting Haus Labs products on all her accounts but not her music. She can't hide behind COVID19 and the BLM movement now. She just doesn't care anymore. 

You HATE her? That's unnecessarily harsh.

She/her 💗💜💙

20 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Honestly I hate her right now. And I am on the brink of unstanning. I know she doesn't owe me anything. She just gave me knew music. But her not acknowledging that new music felt like a betrayal. 

And it's hypocritical that she is now promoting Haus Labs products on all her accounts but not her music. She can't hide behind COVID19 and the BLM movement now. She just doesn't care anymore. 

Has anyone ever told you you'd do great in Drama School? :billie:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

YourCureness
25 minutes ago, Healed My Heart said:

You HATE her? That's unnecessarily harsh.

I know. I didn't even expect that I would have this intense emotion towards her. 

YourCureness
16 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Has anyone ever told you you'd do great in Drama School? :billie:

tenor.gif?itemid=13080513

Yes

PartySick
36 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

I disagree really.

It takes a lot more work, attention, personnel, and covid risk to an immuno-compromised woman to promo an album than it does to post a couple tweets about a product that she's really just the face for atm.

You really can't compare the two :ph34r:

🖤

5 hours ago, JaysAMess said:

And if Gaga came out with music videos and performances that she had filmed at home, you'd be crying because it's not a typical high budget Gaga video. 

WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF A GLOBAL PANDEMIC THAT ISN'T SLOWING DOWN. I think the health of Gaga is far more important than trying to please ungrateful fans who think Gaga owes them something.

be grateful for what? geez :sure:

if you says that Gaga doesn't owe us nothing, then WHY WE shoud owe her something?

BlingNotTheMusic

Tbh I'm annoyed. I feel like Gaga is that friend or bf that gets all quiet and in their head when they have a lot going on or not feeling well. Is the pandemic and lockdown affecting her mental health? Us too, talk to us so we can relate. Is the stress of everything making her fibro and/or mental health issues act up? Us too, let's talk about it. 

I just feel like a former friend has up and disappeared or ghosted. I (somewhat) understand the lack of Chromatica activity, but girl talk to us. By literally not sharing ANYTHING, we don't know what to think. I think it's great she's using her social media for other issues right now but I also think it can alienate her fanbase as we have no idea how she's doing at all. 

If you don't want to give videos or performances, at least talk to us and let us know you're ok or things are on hold. This whole "Imma drop the album and peace out" thing is very unprofessional imo. Especially since she built her entire fanbase on open and frequent communication...:lana:

weed

I'm bored in regards to Chromatica but I don't have any negative feelings towards her. She has her own life, she released an album, we get to enjoy it, that's what is it lol idk. I would 100% enjoy much more content from her but I don't think she should feel obliged.

55 minutes ago, PopEmergency said:

The era so far looks like one big front-loaded cash grab unfortunatly.

Usally they at least try to not make it seem like it (music industry in general)

Album release -> Merch -> Second Single -> Merch -> SC Lyrics-> Merch -> silence -> VMAs

And the merch quality this era isn't good either

And the fact that she was posting constantly about HausLabs during the peak of BLM and Corona left a bad taste in peoples mouth (+ the tudor add recently)

She could have done something easily without doing pretty much anything. The pop girls are using new methods to promote except her.

Examples:

Animated Music Video (Britney Break the Ice style, Dua Lipa)

Re-release with a new cover... or a god damn proper vinyl sleave :interestinga: (Similar to Taylor and Katy right now)

Tons of home/green screen performances (She did one during the covid live stream)

BUT there were rumors going around weeks ago that she wasn't in a good place as well (who has been since march, let's be honest)

She has many responsibilities you know.

First, you know that merch is the biggest way to make money back on a tour right? With ALL tours cancelled, you better believe that merch is gonna be front and center on artists sites. Gaga has no control over price or production. If this was normal 2020, these would all be in vendor stalls exclusively at the shows. So why feel a way now that it's all online? You don't have to buy it. And it's probably helping to keep some manufacturers afloat too.

Second, just cuz it's easy to do, doesn't mean it should be done. I'm not interested in half-assed, corny green screen, Chromatica lite videos. I will wait for resources to be pooled for something creative, clever and more to Gaga's standards. I think that is what's happening.

Third, it's very presumptive of you to think she isn't figuring out new methods like everyone else. That Drag n Drive In perf would've melted gay twitter. But alas, Covid struck again. Back to the drawing board.

Fourth, she founded a beauty company. That company also had many plans and a schedule and commitments and people to keep employed. You thought she was gonna abandon HL? It is what it is. I'm sure she's happy she can keep something moving forward. Again, you don't have to buy it, so why are you feeling a way? Same for Tudor and the Valentino fragrance. These have been in the works for months already.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Flawless
16 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

Tbh I'm annoyed. I feel like Gaga is that friend or bf that gets all quiet and in their head when they have a lot going on or not feeling well. Is the pandemic and lockdown affecting her mental health? Us too, talk to us so we can relate. Is the stress of everything making her fibro and/or mental health issues act up? Us too, let's talk about it. 

I just feel like a former friend has up and disappeared or ghosted. I (somewhat) understand the lack of Chromatica activity, but girl talk to us. By literally not sharing ANYTHING, we don't know what to think. I think it's great she's using her social media for other issues right now but I also think it can alienate her fanbase as we have no idea how she's doing at all. 

If you don't want to give videos or performances, at least talk to us and let us know you're ok or things are on hold. This whole "Imma drop the album and peace out" thing is very unprofessional imo. Especially since she built her entire fanbase on open and frequent communication...:lana:

I agree on that. I wish she explained her decisions and if things are on hold or not. just to give some perspective to the fans. But at the same time, I kinda understand her position, maybe she's afraid to the reaction online if she did, idk? In the meantime we all have the option to follow another things to entertain us, we don't have the power to decide what an artist will do. but I really understand why people are sad about this situation, i wish some users here understood this as well. 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Ronk
7 hours ago, Doot said:

I think she's doing the right thing by dedicating her entire platform to social issues. 

Chromatica will still exist when done, so I see no issue with waiting. I applaud her for it. 

:applause:  Exactly.  Every word.

I live outside the space time continuum.

AshIey
24 minutes ago, Delaytica said:

If that’s all true maybe she doesn’t feel like posting/talking about it or like it would be helpful to her right now? She has her real life friends and family to talk to.

MessyTop

I love the album. 
im very disappointed with the merch. So over Haus labs, I’ll leave it at that. 
luckily Taylor and Dua are keeping me busy and satisfied

I do feel she’s going thru a hard time personally. So let’s focus on the music, she’ll be back whenever she thinks she’s ready. 

Archived