Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What Happened With Christina Aguilera's "Lotus"?

wrs

Featured Posts

Agunimon
44 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

tumblr_o4engvzZph1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Did she really say this...? An album full of current trends in pop music being too ahead of its time? :billie:
Stream Bionic!

dynamite
2 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Did she really say this...? An album full of current trends in pop music being too ahead of its time? :billie:
Stream Bionic!

She did but she was talking about Bionic here :neyde:

Agunimon
Just now, dynamite said:

She was talking about Bionic here :neyde:

That was a good album. 

StrawberryBlond

It was her most trend-hopping album to date and yet still managed to sound dated. She only wrote about half the album which wasn't something she'd done since her teen debut and consequently, it didn't sound like she was that thrilled with them, they just didn't sound like something she made with full passion behind it. Bear in mind that it came out 2.5 years after Bionic and had clearly been rushed by her label because another 4 year break would have ended her, so anything that's rushed rarely comes out good. She could've done with better features than Cee-Lo and Blake Shelton (who were clearly just there because they were her Voice co-judges) and a big name collab could've given her a hit. She's already done Moves Like Jagger with Maroon 5 at the time, so it surprises me they weren't roped in to feature on a lead single. Your Body would've been bigger if it had been released by any other big name female singer, the world had already got over her unfortunately. Blank Page and Just A Fool would've also made good singles but when the lead didn't take off, what was the point? The whole album was completely DOA and her label clearly didn't want to waste money on more singles, promo or a tour. I'm honestly surprised they've still not dropped her but just because a label doesn't drop you doesn't mean they care. It was the worst album she ever made and I'm glad that made RCA decide to just let her do what she wanted afterwards because attempts to make her cool and relevant were just backfiring.

I'm glad she came back stronger with Liberation and was able to do a small tour because she proved she's still got good songs in her if given the chance. She's apparently working on an album in lockdown as well.

paradox

red hot kinda love should've been the lead and she should've released it around moves like jagger :fatcat:

would've smashed, sweets

8901390aff4dd4f64118971dee2e574b.gif

L0NEL1GHTS

It shocks me seeing people defend this album and/or or call it one of their favorites... :wtf:  

I think the quality of this album compared to Bionic is like gravel vs diamonds. She really redeemed herself with Liberation though!  I hope we get some new music from her soon 

Archived