đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga might win the VMA Vanguard Award

Bradley

Featured Posts

Red Velvet
12 minutes ago, ImpossiblePrincess said:

Gaga deserves it, however has Janet received it yet? If not she fr deserves it!

She already did. :heart: Second recipient after Madonna.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Bradley said:

They usually give it to artists who are in the midst of an era, so if you wanna wait, then we gotta wait for LG7. :rip:

That's been the trend (to capitalize on likely viewership boosts)but it's not a rule.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

4 hours ago, ImpossiblePrincess said:

Gaga deserves it, however has Janet received it yet? If not she fr deserves it!

4 hours ago, BLACKPINK said:

She already did. :heart: Second recipient after Madonna.

In 1990, during the Rhythm Nation era. She was the second female recipient tho; and still the youngest to ever receive one.

President Biden

Honestly I feel like this year is the year. It’s pretty evident that visual direction was a massive part of the Chromatica era and reason behind picking ROM. Additionally, I just don’t see Gaga and Ariana combined could possibly lose. They are literally the 2 biggest female pop stars atm with some of the biggest streaming numbers. So I really hope they go all in on the VMAs. 

I think we need a medley of Stupid Love, ROM, the next single and the some old hits if she’s getting Vanguard (I’d go with BR, Telephone, Poker Face, BTW, and GUY/Perfect Illusion/Judas mashup). Idk if she’d do Paparazzi, You and I, or Applause because she did them before

I got drunk

Sepsami

Lowkey hoping she doesn't because the moment will be underwhelming cause of Miss Rosa :selena:

1 hour ago, JustHMLover2 said:

She deserves it more than any pop girl rn...

Mvs suck so bad now! It's so ironic that MTV killed MV viewership. I remember videos that were directed by the best fashion photographers and film directors. When an MV would be so anticipated that it was promoted like event television and premiered at primetime. I have distinct memories of my entire family counting down and watching Michael Jackson's mini movies for the Dangerous album.

I remember MTV playing their entire archive in alphabetical order over a holiday weekend. So, every year we were re-taught the history of the art form. Peter Gabriel's vids blew my mind and inspired me to do animation.

There's no MTV, no VH1. MTV2 basically plays the same 10 videos...What is out there today (or even last ten years) to keep you reminded of the standard?

sucks aaron eckhart GIF

15 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Lowkey hoping she doesn't because the moment will be underwhelming cause of Miss Rosa :selena:

Exactly. It's a skip. They don't have to do one every year, especially this one. 

The first VMAs after Rona (when its truly truly safe to come out),if they do it right, can be the reset that brings back the shows old glory. Who wouldn't attend after being cooped up so long?What an excuse to do a grand "We're Back" production. That's the one that should tribute Gaga.

MonsterofFame

I'm very mixed about Gaga getting it this year.. mostly because it will be hard for her to deliver the epic performance that someone like Gaga deserves to give for an award of this importance. She'd be better off doing it next year, assuming that Chromatica can still hold its hype with the tour and maybe even a re-release with a new single.

In a way, her Super Bowl performance was like a Vanguard performance.. it was an amazing performance covering every part of her career so far. I think she will want to even eclipse that at the VMAs.

Why? The VMAs allow Gaga to perform at her most Gaga-self. It's not public broadcast TV like the SB so she's allow to push the boundaries of what she wants to do -- just like with Paparazzi (2009) and Jo Calderone in 2011. There's no way she would've been allowed to do those anywhere else.

Archived