Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga might win the VMA Vanguard Award

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
15 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

Vanguards and VOTY are sometimes a matter of if you’re attending or not. If she is doing a big performance, she’ll get those two. 

Imagine being the most nominated artist at the award ceremony but deciding not to show up... truly something Gaga would do.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
45 minutes ago, Doot said:

Let me preface this by saying I don't think that in 2020, the VMAs are in any way shape or form relevant as much as some users online like to pretend but...

As a general response if pondering this as a fun Game, I'd wager to say that it would be nice if she showed up and did a perform with Ariana. It would be promo. We'd finally get the first live performance of a song off the album. But I don't think that they are automatically give her the awards if she hasn't already agreed to show up prior to them making a decision. 

I can see them spinning it in a variety of ways for maximum controversy/publicity:

-Gaga shows, performs, sweeps. Monsters go wild. Hype dies relatively fast as it does around here. 

-Gaga shows, performs but gets snubbed majority of the time. Twitter and fanbases light on fire. 

Vanguard? Only if she's agreed to go. Then I think she'd 100% get it. 

People who say 'award shows are no longer relevant' are not exactly wrong, but Gaga is really a humble person who doesn't really express cocky sentiments like 'I'm too big and important for you.' She's always grateful for recognition and love showered upon her and it is precisely this down-to-earth attitude that makes her so likable. Remember her reaction when she won an AMA? She acted like she won an Oscar or something. She thanks the Academy for nominations and describes them as huge, huge honours and if she wins, she thanks them even more.

Award shows are still amazing promotional platforms, both artistically and commercially. That's why Beyonce, one of the biggest artists, performed two medleys there. It allows her to showcase her talent and further promote her albums. Gaga can do the same.

KindHML
8 minutes ago, Wet Fire said:

They better give it to her :grr:

Exactly how I wanna protest too. 

With all she has done, espacially this year with the Covid-19 and BLM, she deserves to win more than anyone. :firega:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

Lady Gaga deserves the FULL Vanguard treatment: a high production spectacle of a tribute/ space to perform something herself, an esteemed presenter who has the honor to give the speech reminding the GP why she's dat bitch and have it done LIVE in front of an theater full of screaming fans and colleagues giving long standing ovations. I'll be damned if all that's left for posterity of this moment is a canned performance with no audience. I wanna cry thinking about Gaga busting her ass in a ten minute performance in front of no one at some empty ass location. It's like throwing your own surprise party with no guests. :bradley:  

SHE DESERVES FULL FIVE-STAR TREATMENT!

period bleeding GIF by bloodnormal

And, I would like to hope that, she isn't so hard up to do such a thing that she would risk her, the Haus and all those production team members health and safety, by unnecessarily flying cross country and working in close proximity to do it. On a darker note, I don't think she's  playing with virus at all. I think she would only trek to NYC for something serious, like someone's passing.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

LilyLark

She deserves it BUT the VMAs have a history of snubbing legends and/or WOC who are equally deserving. Also, Taylor had the best selling album 2 years in a row....

TBH at this point I'm just expecting nada until the Chromatica Ball and LG7 considering so many artists are producing music right now and she seems to be spending some time at her Hollywood house. She basically puts out music every 1-2 1/2 years and even did so when she was filming a movie, on tour, etc. Now she's basically stuck at home.....I kind of think she might drop sooner than later.

*Fans always go on about the long wait between Joanne and Chromatica but it was really 3 1/2 years with the ASIB soundtrack right in the middle. Joanne dropped in the fall 2016, ASIB in the fall 2018, and Chromatica in spring 2020.

9 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

She deserves it BUT the VMAs have a history of snubbing legends and/or WOC who are equally deserving. Also, Taylor had the best selling album 2 years in a row....

I'm a Vanguard purist. You either have a history of making videos that push the medium forward or MTV needs to encourage, and wait, till people do better work. It still pisses me off to no end that Timberlake, Pink and Rihanna got it BEFORE Missy f#cking Elliott. Any speak of Taylor Swift and Vanguard needs to take a seat until Gaga gets ALL her flowers from MTV. :crossed:

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

Bradley
1 hour ago, KNJ said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT! 

Lady Gaga deserves the FULL Vanguard treatment: a high production spectacle of a tribute/ space to perform something herself, an esteemed presenter who has the honor to give the speech reminding the GP why she's dat bitch and have it done LIVE in front of an theater full of screaming fans and colleagues giving long standing ovations. I'll be damned if all that's left for posterity of this moment is a canned performance with no audience. I wanna cry thinking about Gaga busting her ass in a ten minute performance in front of no one at some empty ass location. It's like throwing your own surprise party with no guests. :bradley:  

SHE DESERVES FULL FIVE-STAR TREATMENT!

period bleeding GIF by bloodnormal

And, I would like to hope that, she isn't so hard up to do such a thing that she would risk her, the Haus and all those production team members health and safety, by unnecessarily flying cross country and working in close proximity to do it. On a darker note, I don't think she's  playing with virus at all. I think she would only trek to NYC for something serious, like someone's passing.

They usually give it to artists who are in the midst of an era, so if you wanna wait, then we gotta wait for LG7. :rip:

I hope it's her. The fact that she will be there in the venue, in her GagaxChromatica persona, is enough. And if it is her, then I know she will do again her best to deliver a Moment, but still considering our situation right now. 

JaysAMess

Whenever someone mentions the VMAs:

lady gaga you guys are still here GIF

As irrelevant as the VMAs are, I know some still care about it but as someone already said, I'd rather Gaga won when we were able to actually have a show with an audience so she could get the recognition she deserves.

Genuine Guy 09
3 hours ago, Doot said:

Let me preface this by saying I don't think that in 2020, the VMAs are in any way shape or form relevant

True 

But I can see why stans of the digital girl era think it's important 

It's kind of like everuone discussing the post album singles. Things have long changed since Gaga's last pop era 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

zakariah

at this point, I don’t think the question is whether the VMAs would let gaga perform/win the vanguard award, it’s more of whether or not gaga WANTS to do it

nowadays, she’s very sure of herself and of her career, if she doesn’t want to do something, she sure as hell WON’T do it, no matter HOW MUCH IT BENEFITS HER. 

i’m holding my breath for her to even attend

Suspiria

If she does win it she BETTER do a Beyoncé lemonade style performance, and not a greatest hits show. We've had greatest hits since 2017, and not a single Chromatica performance.

I'm not setting my hopes high for her even attending, but if she does perform it better be all about Chromatica. That album deserves it:madge:

ImpossiblePrincess

Gaga deserves it, however has Janet received it yet? If not she fr deserves it!

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

Archived