💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga - Joanne (Piano Version) - Thoughts

Donny Winter

Featured Posts

Donny Winter

Can we talk about how the piano version of Joanne literally won a Grammy without even charting? I know a lot of fans tend to hate on the Joanne album, but this music video is gorgeous, poignant, and a celebration of family. I'm really happy Gaga ended that era with this as the single. 

What do you think about the music video?

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

AlwaysLoveGaga

This song is so perfect and beautiful:messga:

It makes me emotional with every listen:heart:

The really fantastic thing about kindness is that it's free -Lady Gaga

raragaga

it's incredibly beautiful 

xoxo

HeavyMetalLover

It’s really beautiful! I didn’t dive into this album until recently and this was a standout for sure. Love the video as well.

i don't remember ARTPOP

EuphoricVibez

It's one of Gaga's most beautiful songs. Let's be real on that :heart:

He/him/his

RochestrMonstr

I love both versions of the song! Both are in my top songs!

I’m very glad it got a new version though because it was the perfect video and an all around perfect end to the era.

And the way she Avenged her Sis Million Reasons at the Grammys is just the final great surprise from an era full of great surprises. Spectacular. 

Daylight Jokers

I think they tried to make the song more emotional by making it a piano ballad, but ironically, I felt the emotions more on the album version. They should've made this a deluxe track tho. It's a beautiful song and it deserved its grammy. The music video is also my favorite from the Joanne era. John Wayne's editing was not it for me.

LilyLark

It really is a beautiful song in terms of the melody and lyrics...both the piano version and the guitar version. I was kind of shocked it didn't smash since it is very GP friendly (despite the subject matter), especially as MR did fairly well and had a lengthy run on the charts.

LilyLark
4 hours ago, metalguru said:

I prefer the album version. It reminds me of Joanna Newsom :) 

I love both versions, but I agree the album version is a bit Newsom-esque (the style in which Gaga sings has that same kind of twang).

Donny Winter
6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I love both versions, but I agree the album version is a bit Newsom-esque (the style in which Gaga sings has that same kind of twang).

I, too, love both versions. I like the piano version for me because it's less country sounding. I'm not a huge country music type of person though. 

Whenever Gaga sings over the piano, I'm just sent to an entirely different world. :)

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Gagadonna

Honestly one of her most beautiful ballads (if not songs). I don't play it a lot, but when I do, it's such an experience :sara:

Gagadonna
6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

It really is a beautiful song in terms of the melody and lyrics...both the piano version and the guitar version. I was kind of shocked it didn't smash since it is very GP friendly (despite the subject matter), especially as MR did fairly well and had a lengthy run on the charts.

I think it didn't do well because it wasn't a single. It was just a song they released with a music video. 

That's a pity,  I also think it had some potential. 

Archived