21 hours ago, KennyRichie said:

8. Apocalypse (a personal favorite)

009b5ae734d9893e03e07a05dfa00dca.gif

OP has taste! :kiss:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KennyRichie

So are Asylum, Coven and Hotel the best three seasons of American Horror Story?

american horror story tate GIF

Whigney Houstan

Freak Show was the last one worth watching because Jessica Lange left after.:ohwell:

selenalavigne
22 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

Cult almost made me unstan. :bear: and then they pulled us in with the Coven characters trying to gain their fanbase back. They know what they did lol 

22 hours ago, COOOK said:

Best: Asylum
Worst: Cult

what??????

cult is AMAZINGGGGG made me re-stan after 3 not so good seasons. first 2 episodes are terrible and couldn't get through them for years i'll give you that but the rest i loved.

GREAT section

1. Asylum

2. Coven

3. Cult

Middle of the road section, pretty good 

4. Murder House

5. Roanoke

lack of quality section still somewhat enjoyable at times

6. Apocalypse 

7. 1984

8. Hotel

Garbage Section, BORINGGG cool concepts tho.

9. Freak Show 

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

Stephen

Because the themes vary so much it comes down to personal taste. I love the campiness of Coven and Hotel so those are my favorite seasons. My 3rd probably being apocalypse just because it brought back the witches.

If you prefer more scary over camp, or more gore, or more supernatural horror vs realism, or you prefer a period piece over a present day story, etc etc all those things will influence your opinion. And of course nostalgia for the early seasons on top of that. 

KennyRichie

For me every AHS season is a huge concept with the best ideas I’ve ever seen, but, somehow the endings are not the best and there improvement areas in the execution of the ideas. That’s why it gives us one of the best and worst momentos 

KennyRichie
Just now, Stephen said:

Because the themes vary so much it comes down to personal taste. I love the campiness of Coven and Hotel so those are my favorite seasons. My 3rd probably being apocalypse just because it brought back the witches.

If you prefer more scary over camp, or more gore, or more supernatural horror vs realism, or you prefer a period piece over a present day story, etc etc all those things will influence your opinion. And of course nostalgia for the early seasons on top of that. 

Agreed

Miel

I’d rank Asylum and Cult as top tier (I personally believe the latter is the best season). 

In some aspects, Freak Show (great writing and overall plot, underlying themes) and Hotel (incredible acting, characters, and visuals) are almost top tier; however, they kind of get lost in their own grandiosity.

1984, although not my favorite, is well-done, and mostly consistent (a surprise for an AHS season, tbh). I’d rank it mid-to-top tier.

Murder House, Coven, and Roanoke, I would place right in mid-tier. They have some aspects that are incredible, and some that are... very much not.

Apocalypse is definitely lowest tier, unfortunately.

3 points in and ready for more

KennyRichie

FIRST CUT OF THE POLL

After 2 days open

RESULTS: 

Best Seasons:

Asylum 141 votes

Coven 75

Hotel 48

Worst Seasons:

Cult 17 votes

Freak Show 18

Apocalypse 23

american horror story GIF by RealityTVGIFs

ARTGOD

Wow, Cult is so underrated here. On ATRL and Reddit it is consistently hailed as a top tier season.

Cult is by far the most cohesive and tightest season so far. It has a clear theme, a single storyline, well defined main characters and a clear end goal.

Analyzing Cult and its structure lets you see just how messy most of the other seasons are.

Most seasons have no idea what theme they are supposed to have, what story they’re telling, or who the main characters are even supposed to be.

If you look at a season as just a collection of scenes, then sure, seasons like Coven and Hotel have more iconic and enjoyable scenes, but as a whole, everything in Cult just works and clicks together almost flawlessly, unlike those seasons.

Cult was fresh, original, bold and ballsy. It’s the only season that comes close to Asylum’s quality because it knows what it wants to be, instead of being a collection of stories the writers play with until they find something good enough that sticks.

As someone interested in storytelling I have so much respect for seasons like Asylum and Cult. And I implore everyone who dismisses it to please give it a try and try to understand the political message behind it.

Archived