• 5. Hotel
    • 6. Roanoke Nightmare
    • 7. Cult
    • 8. Apocalypse
    • 9. 1984

Featured Posts

NFRatwell
39 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

are you sure you’re not thinking of Apocalypse? it was basically a sequel to Coven

I was saying cult was terrible and they tried to pull us back in with the next season lol :fatcat:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

Best to worst:

Asylum

Coven

Apocalypse

Hotel

Freakshow

Murder House

Cult

Roanoke

Haven’t seen 1984 yet

Jose P

The show went downhill after Coven. Freakshow was alright, the only good thing about Hotel was Gaga, Cult was a disaster, Apocalypse started out promising and then went to sh*t, 1984 was also meh. The only good one after Coven was Roanoke. And tbh, Coven isn’t even that good actually. It was a mess.

LaFama

I'd say:

1. Asylum

2. Murder House

3. Coven

4. Roanoke

5. Hotel

6. 1984

7. Freakshow

8. Cult

9. Apocalýpse 

I feel like Roanoke is not appreciated enough but I get it, the format could throw some people off. I find it super fun and intense, its like a long slasher movie with some ghosts in the mix. 

Cult feels like a missed opportunity, the metaphor they went for was cool and all, but I was expecting something more obvious (?), plus that Valerie Solanas episode, Jesus that was paaaainful to watch, probably one of the worst on the whole series.

And Apocalypse was a mess, I feel like people like it just because it was full of fan service, but when you get past that, is just awful. 

And I might be on the minority here, but I liked it better when the seasons werent connected, I feel like the only time they did it right was with Pepper and Dr. Arden on Freakshow, but after that, it felt forced :madge:

Its not a fedora u f*ck

Savage
2 hours ago, Agunimon said:

Asylum = Roanoke > Cult > Coven > Murder House > Freak Show = Apocalypse > Hotel > 1984

Taste!

BEST: Asylum

WORST: Apocalypse

Apocalypse was just an incredibly stupid season all around.

For me: Best to Worst

1. Freakshow

2. Murder House

3. Apocalypse

4. Hotel

5. Asylum 

6. Roanoke Nightmare
7. Cult

And I haven’t seen Coven in full or even seen the trailer of 1984 yet :poot:

monketsharona

I still can't rank as I like every seasons for different reasons

I'd say Freak Show is my favorite one and Cult is my least favorite

I love the vibes of 1984 by the way.

6 hours ago, HausOfAntonio said:

I went into Cult thinking it was gonna be trash and I was just SO positively surprised. I REALLY enjoyed it!

I know a lot of people hate on Cult, but I personally think it's one of the strongest of the series. While there are a few things that annoyed me (especially Colton Haynes' character), I thought the season was much more adult and realistically grounded than some of the preceding seasons. 

AHS works best imo when it keeps things serious, with only mild camp sprinkled in. I feel like Ryan Murphy saw all the teenage/Twitter/gay hypes around Coven and thought that having a larger focus on camp would continue to attract bigger audiences. It didn't. Cult felt like a return to form. 

I overall enjoyed 1984 (which obviously was 100% camp) but I do hope that we get another serious season again soon. 

JustHMLover2
6 hours ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Asylum, no contest. Cult was the only season I didn’t bother to finish.

1984 was surprisingly good.

Cult had an epic finale episode tho :ohwell:

It's true 1984 was really good and fresh, but Asylum is still top of the top

HausOfAntonio
3 minutes ago, Doot said:

I know a lot of people hate on Cult, but I personally think it's one of the strongest of the series. While there are a few things that annoyed me (especially Colton Haynes' character), I thought the season was much more adult and realistically grounded than some of the preceding seasons. 

AHS works best imo when it keeps things serious, with only mild camp sprinkled in. I feel like Ryan Murphy saw all the teenage/Twitter/gay hypes around Coven and thought that having a larger focus on camp would continue to attract bigger audiences. It didn't. Cult felt like a return to form. 

I overall enjoyed 1984 (which obviously was 100% camp) but I do hope that we get another serious season again soon. 

I really don’t get the hate, I thought it was really entertaining, genuinely thrilling and bold in its critique (which, obviously, is not wildly innovative but is done really well imo). 

monketsharona
5 minutes ago, Doot said:

overall enjoyed 1984 (which obviously was 100% camp) but I do hope that we get another serious season again soon. 

I feel like season 10 will be that season tbh, we don't know a lot about it but the cast booked is just the best since like Freak Show / Hotel

Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

I really don’t get the hate, I thought it was really entertaining, genuinely thrilling and bold in its critique (which, obviously, is not wildly innovative but is done really well imo). 

Agreed. 

I think a lot of the initial hate stemmed from the political aspect, as Obama/Hillary/Trump basically became the entire focus of American media, and people had by that point because annoyed with it. 

But what I enjoyed the most, was how aside from the first one or two episodes, Trump vs Hillary wasn't even mentioned. It was all the Kai vs Sarah Paulson. But did paint a moderately accurate image of the extremism happening across the country, but having an engaging story which made that seem like merely the back drop. 

I hope I'm making sense. 

4 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I feel like season 10 will be that season tbh, we don't know a lot about it but the cast booked is just the best since like Freak Show / Hotel

If I recall, aside from the cast which is the usual (but included Caulkin (:tony:)), I think it's that it has something to do with water/the beach, right?

monketsharona
15 minutes ago, Doot said:

If I recall, aside from the cast which is the usual (but included Caulkin (:tony:)), I think it's that it has something to do with water/the beach, right?

Yeah apparently it'll be inspired by the Lady of the Dunes case. That case happened in Provincetown exactly where they are set to film the season. 

Archived