Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I Want Your Love should’ve been on CHRMTCA

Gracious Gaga

Featured Posts

Imagine all the meltdowns when the tracklist would have been announced and we realize we get even less new songs:yennefer::ladyhaha:

I'm probably wrong

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4

Tbh, I wouldn't really like the album as much as I do now if this was included.

yes

replay, babylon and i want your love live in the same world

ice heard one side from above

JudasJustDance

It’s kind of like Enigma. it would have fit in.

Ima stream this bop now 

Chromatography
2 minutes ago, ice bear said:

yes

replay, babylon and i want your love live in the same world

the BEST world

PartySick
23 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

REPENT :grr:

I remember hating PD on my first listen. Whew. Glad I saw the light.

doll hair flip GIF

It would be cool to have a disco album though. Either covers like C2C or original stuff. Her voice is perfect for it :gayhat:

🖤

Gracious Gaga
4 minutes ago, GagaEnigma said:

This just has nothing to do with Chromatica, thematically and lyrically :yennefer:

Does half of the songs on Chromatica have anything to do w Chromatica?

stupid love is the same lyrical message as I want your love basically lol

♥ Kindness Police.

Gracious Gaga
20 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

instead of enigma

NOOO

♥ Kindness Police.

38 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I love the song but I can't imagine it fitting though I'd be happy for it to take the place of Sour Candy :bear:

why dont you love me GIF

Barbie Career Doll 2020 Edition

Red Velvet
42 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I love the song but I can't imagine it fitting though I'd be happy for it to take the place of Sour Candy :bear:

Second, what the ****?

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

2School4Cool

Personally I don’t think it should have been on Chromatica. It’s a fantastic cover! It’s a cover, though, and Chromatica is a story of Gaga’s self-healing, the songs on the album are strategically placed to represent her journey. Not that there’s anything wrong with covers going on albums, but in this case I don’t personally think a cover fits the album.

See The Best In Everyone

God Control

Yes. Could’ve easily replaced Sour Candy or basically any song other than Alice, Babylon and 911.

JustJames

I 100% agree that "I Want Your Love" was a wasted opportunity, but what else is new? I adore this song, and think this is kind of the sound that really could've elevated Chromatica a bit; I love the album as a full body-of-work, but the tempo, track lengths, and even vocal styling are so monotone (ironic given the title) that it gets a bit muzak at times (muzak = elevator music). "I Want Your Love" is retro, but the vocal delivery is a bit more rough and emotive. I definitely see "Enigma" and "I Want Your Love" working together on the same album; great catch.

As much as I hate the trend itself, and would hate to see Gaga do something like this for "bling not the music" purposes, if every other artist is artificially fluffing their album sales/certifications by including standalone tracks from prior to the release, then Chromatica (Deluxe) with "I Want Your Love," "Your Song," and "The Cure" added on woud've been great (in addition to "Love Me Right"). 

Alternatively, given how painful the gap was between Joanne and Chromatica, a small EP -- either Summer 2017 (after Coachella) or Spring 2019 (after Oscars) -- would've helped give these tracks more purpose and place in her discography, while holding fans over. Something like:

THE CURE
1. The Cure (05/15/2017)
2. Joanne (WDYTYG?) (10/2017; AUS)
3. I Want Your Love (11/2017; US+CAN+UK)
Your Song, Love Me Right, Million Reasons (Live from [performance])

Archived